Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if anybody has asked Weekes if he wants to play centre .... It just looks like a position where you get bashed for 80 mins ...

I just hope he plays well enough tomorrow that they give him a new contract. Bothers me that they haven't signed him past this season already because he'll be a pretty hot commodity. Maybe it's the lack of position?

Need to keep him.

Nah ... as I have said before ... I am certain Manly are doing everything they can to sign him ... but if you were Weekes ... would you have signed a contract priced on a couple of cameo performances, or would you say hold on ... I'll back myself to be worth triple that by years end ...

Yeah good move by Seibs gives us best shot. Attack wise should be very sharp.
Good test against Riff
No doubt he is good on his feet and very fast.
Johns impressed in the trials and v Dogs simply by playing straight and giving his outside men opportunities. And he kicked well. So long as Weekes remembers these fundamentals he'll go well.

Cooper Johns is being punished for being too close with the opposition lock last week.

No doubt he is good on his feet and very fast.
Johns impressed in the trials and v Dogs simply by playing straight and giving his outside men opportunities. And he kicked well. So long as Weekes remembers these fundamentals he'll go well.
Yeap agreed this game won't see alot of space out wide.

I fear for young Weekes , the expectations of the Silvertails armchair experts are enormous , if he doesn’t deliver does he become yet another fall guy??

But what if he delivers in spades , where does that leave Schuster , and does his price ( Weekes) go through the roof as a result and he’s suddenly being chased by 16 other clubs.

It’s a real quandary isn’t it.

I fear for young Weekes , the expectations of the Silvertails armchair experts are enormous , if he doesn’t deliver does he become yet another fall guy??

But what if he delivers in spades , where does that leave Schuster , and does his price ( Weekes) go through the roof as a result and he’s suddenly being chased by 16 other clubs.

Much rather have this quandary than picking Johns at 5/8th 😀

He is already delivering @Mark from Brisbane As Seibold said, "starting Weekes is the next step in his career", and I think we can be pretty confident in Seibold's judgement. If he does deliver in spades, we must find a way to play Schuster and Weekes in the thirteen simultaneously. One of Tuipolotu or Parker will have to be dropped.......unless Schuster goes to lock. Pragmatically, it may be the best solution. Those clubs are already chasing Weekes, so I hope MWSE can scratch up the money they will need to keep him. We might be looking at a pretty reasonable cleanout (Boyle, Harper, Parker, Vaega, Woods etc) at the end of the season to enable that (Weekes' long-term contract) to happen, and also to re-sign Bullemore and S. Fainu, upgrade Koula etc We also need to bring through Myers (definitely), Humphries (probably) and Sykes (possibly). Unless we release some of the players we have recently re-signed, I can't see much movement happening for outside players to come into the squad for 2024.

He is already delivering @Mark from Brisbane As Seibold said, "starting Weekes is the next step in his career", and I think we can be pretty confident in Seibold's judgement. If he does deliver in spades, we must find a way to play Schuster and Weekes in the thirteen simultaneously. One of Tuipolotu or Parker will have to be dropped.......unless Schuster goes to lock. Pragmatically, it may be the best solution. Those clubs are already chasing Weekes, so I hope MWSE can scratch up the money they will need to keep him. We might be looking at a pretty reasonable cleanout (Boyle, Harper, Parker, Vaega, Woods etc) at the end of the season to enable that (Weekes' long-term contract) to happen, and also to re-sign Bullemore and S. Fainu, upgrade Koula etc We also need to bring through Myers (definitely), Humphries (probably) and Sykes (possibly). Unless we release some of the players we have recently re-signed, I can't see much movement happening for outside players to come into the squad for 2024.
Yeah look it is pointless hold a player back just in case we lose him to play a park footballer.
Weekes will stay imo maybe Eels may lure him but your right there a bit of deadwood to be let go.

josh at 13 imo may work best and he could be similar to Gifty another 6. While we lose somewhat the go forward with 3 middles to start it gives you alot more attack.

josh at 13 imo may work best and he could be similar to Gifty another 6. While we lose somewhat the go forward with 3 middles to start it gives you alot more attack.
#13 is a middle these days. Schu is an edge player every day and they won't move Hamole or Kelma out of there. It's #6 only for Schu. Kaeo will remain at #14 regardless how well or badly he plays tomorrow.

#13 is a middle these days. Schu is an edge player every day and they won't move Hamole or Kelma out of there. It's #6 only for Schu. Kaeo will remain at #14 regardless how well or badly he plays tomorrow.
Unless he plays that well they find a spot for him ?
Yeo certainly plays as a link lock not a middle

Hopefully most can see Weekes can play by now, so that's not even a question.
The Big assignment, is the fact he is up against Penrith at home and will be copping red hot pressure from the first minute.
If he can relax enough and play solid footy early, will be a good thing imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6