Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's pray Schu is back for Melb as Weekes is not the messiah lots of Silvertails have been spouting.
I think he has great potential, although I don't buy that he's a half. Utility/'supersub' or fullback for mine at this stage

He went as well as could be expected. First game as a half being targeted by the whole panthers outfit.

Let's be honest. We had 27% of the ball in the 1st half and Johns had the fortune of playing 5/8 in the 2nd half when we were given a bunch of get of jail penalties and Penrith took their foot off the gas. I'd still much rather see Weekes at 5/8 while Schuster is out as he can provide a spark in attack and Johns is just as poor in defence

Tough gig for Weekes tonight, to start your first NRL game against the Premiers.
I think Weekes will get better, but they need GKCT at hooker. I've seen both of them play together in the juniors and they combine really well. Unfortunately Croker just doesnt cut the mustard and the sooner GCKT starts as the 9 the better.
If I had my way, I would have Schuster @ 6 and Weekes @ 7 and GCKT @ 9. DCE is starting to show signs of decline in a big way.

One thing for sure is Weekes got zero help by Kelma who is showing he is very lazy in defence, especially the 1 percenters.
[/QUOTE

Honestly kelma is a joke. He has let in at least 4 tries this year with one on one defence. Don’t rate him at all.

I still don't know what people are seeing in Weekes.
Not on tonight's games but any games just another victim of us loading up on players for a position in case some one is arrested or injured and then playing them on any position we need plugging.

Not great for his career or manly

Look - he is gunna be targeted with and without the ball.
In reality, his team mates especially his edge Tuilage, need to really step up and be his bodyguard also.....a shame Oka is on the other side as he would be the Ultimate henchmen.
I reckon he will play great, but also have some rusty patches also and if we look back at the best 5/8's to play the game, they also had hot n cold debuts at 6.
Really hope he get's to play off some quick play balls, as his speed will trouble any defence.
What a great call with hindsight. Spot on.

I still don't know what people are seeing in Weekes.
Not on tonight's games but any games just another victim of us loading up on players for a position in case some one is arrested or injured and then playing them on any position we need plugging.

Not great for his career or manly
Yeah agree. I mentioned before the game that he is no messiah, but nevertheless, deserves a chance to show what he has. Well, he had a chance tonight and didn't show too much. I would still give him more opportunity and time, but he really needs to show something way more than tonight's effort.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8