We won't make the Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After the start to the year I am just happy we are in this situation to be even in contention for the finals. The boys have shown some heart and are sending Tooves out the way he should be. Be nice if we can win the rest and make the 8 but at least we have finished the season on a good note. Can't wait to get to Brookie tomorrow and watch the Eels get smashed just a shame the BoChoc aint playing ...... I have been looking forward to this match all year and rain, hail or shine we'll be there.

We didn't get the spoon so anything else is a bonus given the start we had to 2015.

All of this reminds me of Tom Mooney in 1979. Manly were white hot at the back end of the season but couldn't jag a top 5 spot in the end missing out by one win i think. In the final round Manly smashed up the so called 'entertainers' Dogs team who were in the top 3 by putting on 7 or 8 unconverted tries at Brookie & winning by 20 or something. Dogs went on to play in the grand final. I remember seeing Mooney interviewed in a bath in the Brookie sheds on Mossop's show the next day saying "They would never have touched us if we had got in the finals".
We won that game 23-11 - 7 tries to 3. Mooney 4, Gartner 2, Steve Knight one try in his last match. And Gibbsy ran about 80-90 metres, only to drop the ball over the line in the southeast corner. I still believe that S. Mortimer didn't ground the ball when he scored for the Dishickers.

I remember it like it was yesterday, standing towards the northeastern corner of the hill on a sunny Saturday in August. Not 36 years ago, as of this coming Tuesday!

That try in the last few seconds v cowboys in Townsville will come back to haunt us - the season will come down to one missed tackle (plus about half a dozen **** losses early in the year)
100% of the blame has to go to pin head Foran. He single handedly derailed the first half of our season. He can now look back on the last and final season with us in disgrace. I hope he rots at the Eels.

100% of the blame has to go to pin head Foran. He single handedly derailed the first half of our season. He can now look back on the last and final season with us in disgrace. I hope he rots at the Eels.
I kinda agree. Foran destroyed the first half of our season.

At the end of the day it is the b%llsh%t draw that has cost us. Look at the last three teams, Titans, Knights and Tigers. Too lazy to check, however from memory we have played them once. Cronulla on the other hand has played all three twice, yet still has a negative for and against. The inequity in the draw has for years meant the NRL is a mickey mouse comp and that dud clubs (last year Penrith) can make the eight on the basis that none of the power clubs want to play them .

At the end of the day it is the b%llsh%t draw that has cost us. Look at the last three teams, Titans, Knights and Tigers. Too lazy to check, however from memory we have played them once. Cronulla on the other hand has played all three twice, yet still has a negative for and against. The inequity in the draw has for years meant the NRL is a mickey mouse comp and that dud clubs (last year Penrith) can make the eight on the basis that none of the power clubs want to play them .

If we finish in the bottom 8 we will be the beneficiary of that very draw in 2016!!

cannot believe Cronulla are where they are. When we played them at Brookie a few weeks back they were absolute dross. They probably were missing players but still couldn't believe they were anywhere near the top half.

Anyway looking forward to tomorrow as Manly are back and playing the type of football that sets them apart from most teams.

We won that game 23-11 - 7 tries to 3. Mooney 4, Gartner 2, Steve Knight one try in his last match. And Gibbsy ran about 80-90 metres, only to drop the ball over the line in the southeast corner. I still believe that S. Mortimer didn't ground the ball when he scored for the Dishickers.

I remember it like it was yesterday, standing towards the northeastern corner of the hill on a sunny Saturday in August. Not 36 years ago, as of this coming Tuesday!
I was at that game too, our season ended with back to back away defeats to Wests and Cronulla and that was a good win against the eventual runnners up, the team that season had a lot of injury hassles and a hangover from 78 and all the guys playing in England for the Kangaroos. Tom Mooney was a great finisher and hes right up there with Manlys best ever wingers.

100% blame for a season on 1 player ? That's fantasyland stuff

1st half of the year, Forans hamstrings were stuffed, hence zero running game

2nd half of the year, Forans hamstrings are fine again and he is twice the player he was because his running game returns

People look far too hard for conspiracy theories and tin foil hat stuff

Don't give up my Manly friends.
Results may not have given gone our way the few weeks but we follow the greatest club.

Thats all we can do, so easy to get distracted but end of the day Manly can only control their own results. I think to be in with a chance with 3 rounds to go is something that any Manly fan would have bitten your hand off if that was offered 8 weeks ago.

We just have to win all 3 and hope that the Dragons, Dogs, or Sharks choke.

If none do we need a better F/A than the dragons. They will have a few players out suspended so it's still possible.

100% blame for a season on 1 player ? That's fantasyland stuff

1st half of the year, Forans hamstrings were stuffed, hence zero running game

2nd half of the year, Forans hamstrings are fine again and he is twice the player he was because his running game returns

People look far too hard for conspiracy theories and tin foil hat stuff
Defend the kiwis rofl

You'll go to no end to exonerate them all

Racist because I've never seen you help an aussie player in this manner

Foran was injured ! ,players move on - get over it.
Without him ,we are probably down a premiership ,not where we are now & no hope of contention this year.
I have trust in the players (and they love him) not jilted, jealous fans.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8