We need a clear out.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And I'm not talking about Silvertails.... @:D

Our great club is continually putting itself in the poop thanks to certain players and their behaviour. its gone in for too long so I'm calling for a clean out of the bad eggs.

Of course the problem is the bad eggs are sometimes the most talented but there seems to be a real poison vein running through the club at the moment.

This latest blow up with AFB is the last thing we need.

A small list of players and their stupid behavior.

AFB - abusing the Ref, Anti Vax stand, battery of his pregnant girl friend.

DW - anti Vax , battery of GF with court appearance, broken hand punching door, overdose on pills

Manise - well we know all about this, gang links to the wild west.

Thommo - drinking problems that led to hospital in off season

Marty and Tafua - stopped now but used to do the gang hand signs after every try they scored.

Suli - bad egg.

I'm sure there's more in our side with shady past history but WTF is going on. We need some stability and moral compass put back in this side.

And before you say it I know we have had trouble with players in the past but it just seems worse now than ever.

Des will ensure these guys shape up or ship out.

Marty,Tafua and Thommo are all gentlemen that do a lot of charity work, so to have them on this list is a bit rich.
I agree Marty and Gorge are better now but history doesn't change nor do facts. All those in the list may become complete shining lights but it doesn't hide the fact that our great club is suffering now.

Tell me when beaver caused issues? Or anyone in this list :

Beaver
Toovey
Jamie lyons
Matthew ridge
Daniel Gartner
Matty ballen
Hasler
Craig innis
Michael Robinson
Even spud Carroll never had off field issues that I can recall.
The turbo brothers.

The list could go on but hopefully u get my point.

Michael Robinson
That guy was bad news ;)
But on a serious note, I disagree with the original post. We want young men who play rugby league, then we take them in and teach them how to be Manly. It is unrealistic to expect everyone to come ready-civilised like a Steve Menzies type.
Only a day or two ago there was a thread (admittedly only a Woodsie thread) decrying the lack of mongrel in our side and calling for less politeness and more naked aggression.
The club has an obligation here, to make our players palatable to sponsors and broadcasters. I don't think any of the players named above are bad men. Some like Fainu and AFB clearly need more work on becoming socially acceptable. Urgently!

On the back of these losses it does make for pretty depressing reading.
I opened the Fox NRL site & of course saw the AFB saga,
then I spotted a story, something about a “Manly young gun...”
Thinking Des had brought someone new into Sunday’s team,
I read on, “...set for Court”, it said. It was about Fainu.@:rolleyes:

When it rains it pours.

Last edited:

Our great club is continually putting itself in the poop thanks to certain players and their behaviour. its gone in for too long so I'm calling for a clean out of the bad eggs.

Of course the problem is the bad eggs are sometimes the most talented but there seems to be a real poison vein running through the club at the moment.

DW - anti Vax , battery of GF with court appearance, broken hand punching door, overdose on pills

Marty and Tafua - stopped now but used to do the gang hand signs after every try they scored.

Suli - bad egg.

I'm sure there's more in our side with shady past history but WTF is going on. We need some stability and moral compass put back in this side.

And before you say it I know we have had trouble with players in the past but it just seems worse now than ever.
The only bad eggs that exist are in prison . Your over reaction is over the top.
Dont tell us that you are an angel because none of us are feathered friend
Why dont you talk about all the great charity work in our community all these players do instead of poking your finger at human mistakes we all do
This thread is outrageous !!!

The only bad eggs that exist are in prison . Your over reaction is over the top.
Dont tell us that you are an angel because none of us are feathered friend
Why dont you talk about all the great charity work in our community all these players do instead of poking your finger at human mistakes we all do
This thread is outrageous !!!
Wow strong opinion.

Outrageous is perhaps a little over the top.

So tell me where do we draw the line? Are you happy for our club to remain on the back pages in a negative way? We are hated enough already without some of our players continually adding to the poo pile don't you think?

Oh and on your point of being an Angel let me think. I've never struck a woman, overdosed, been charged by police, been in court, caused physical injury to another person on purpose, been a general knobhead or acted like a clueless Kunt. So yes we all have our issues some more than others obviously.

Wow strong opinion.

Outrageous is perhaps a little over the top.

So tell me where do we draw the line? Are you happy for our club to remain on the back pages in a negative way? We are hated enough already without some of our players continually adding to the poo pile don't you think?

Oh and on your point of being an Angel let me think. I've never struck a woman, overdosed, been charged by police, been in court, caused physical injury to another person on purpose, been a general knobhead or acted like a clueless Kunt. So yes we all have our issues some more than others obviously.
That is right of what you said . We all have issues . Have your issues put you in prison ?
Neither have our players issues put them in prison and that is where you draw the line and move on from this outrageous thread .
Yes we are hated enough by the rest and we dont want fans like you getting on their band wagon
There were countless great community work stories from all those players you singled out but you had to start an outrageous thread on the negatives .
If you look for negatives you will find them everywhere even in your own back yard !

oh look. Another negative headline on the way thanks to MF. FfS this is exactly the sort of thing we don't need and adds to my original point.

You know clubs should instigate a negative social media post clause in contracts. Something along the lines that if you post something that causes the club damage its a straight 50k fine. Still not sure some of them would be smart enough not to do it though.

That is right of what you said . We all have issues . Have your issues put you in prison ?
Neither have our players issues put them in prison and that is where you draw the line and move on from this outrageous thread .
Yes we are hated enough by the rest and we dont want fans like you getting on their band wagon
There were countless great community work stories from all those players you singled out but you had to start an outrageous thread on the negatives .
If you look for negatives you will find them everywhere even in your own back yard !
So prison is the line then... Jeez that's a lot of rope to hang our club with.

I'm sick to death of people making excuses for clueless man childs that should know better.

Bozo you obviously feel we should turn a blind eye to bad behaviour unfortunately I don't. Let's agree to disagree.

Footballers are a microcosm of society as a whole. Any other cross section would contain the same indiscretions.

they are young men growing up publicly under a microscope of a faux rage driven media.
A lot of them aren’t equipped with the tools to navigate this 100% successfully, just like any other sample cross section

I do agree it’s disappointing, but I’m more in favour of adequate punishment, education and redemption

Last edited:
So prison is the line then... Jeez that's a lot of rope to hang our club with.

I'm sick to death of people making excuses for clueless man childs that should know better.

Bozo you obviously feel we should turn a blind eye to bad behaviour unfortunately I don't. Let's agree to disagree.
I am not making excuses or turning a blind eye to Athletes who have issues like every other human being but unlike any other human being they are put on the spot light and are under so much pressure and scrutiny
A characters strength is not measured by how many times they have fallen . Their strength is measured by how many times they have risen above it all and I am so proud and so inspired by all of our great players who overcame adversity and have risen above it all to be worthy to represent our great club .
img_6516.jpg

Suli - bad egg.

They’re all here to stay & I for one am happy for that! I hope they stay for many years to come......the true Manly supporters will stick with this team thru thick & thin! Thru the good times & bad! When we’re down we fight to get back on top. Silvertails has become a place where our players are bagged & battered from
Pillar to post by so called supporters. Whatever happens I will support the boys whilst they wear the Maroon & White! Everyone has a choice....most chose to support Manly so stop this vendetta against our boys. Others hate us for being successful & will continue to do so.....they hate our players & will look for anything to bag them. Let’s not join them in hating our own!

Last edited:
Footballers are a microcosm of society as a whole. Any other cross section would contain the same indiscretions.

they are young men growing up publicly under a microscope of a faux rage driven media.
A lot of them aren’t equipped with the tools to navigate this 100% successfully, just like any other sample cross section

I do agree it’s disappointing, but I’m more in favour of adequate punishment, education and redemption
Fair call. As long as they realise they need to change. My main worry is some just don't get the message

I am not making excuses or turning a blind eye to Athletes who have issues like every other human being but unlike any other human being they are put on the spot light and are under so much pressure and scrutiny
A characters strength is not measured by how many times they have fallen . Their strength is measured by how many times they have risen above it all and I am so proud and so inspired by all of our great players who overcame adversity and have risen above it all to be worthy to represent our great club .
View attachment 14765
Thats a very nice picture but it doesn't absolve everything.

Thats a very nice picture but it doesn't absolve everything.
That picture was when a town was devastated by bush fires and our Great club and its Great players spent the day there lifting peoples spirits and putting smiles on their faces and that was a very heartfelt moment .
You know what feathered friend and I know you mean well but I want you to understand that we all face our demons and each one of us has traveled their own road in life and some roads are tougher than others and some of us are doing it tougher than others There is a story behind every person and there is a reason why some are doing it tougher than others and tough people always bounce back from adversity just like our players have . I hope that puts the whole meaning to that picture

They’re all here to stay & I for one am happy for that! I hope they stay for many years to come......the true Manly supporters will stick with this team thru thick & thin! Thru the good times & bad! When we’re down we fight to get back on top. Silvertails has become a place where our players are bagged & battered from
Pillar to post by so called supporters. Whatever happens I will support the boys whilst they wear the Maroon & White! Everyone has a choice....most chose to support Manly so stop this vendetta against our boys. Others hate us for being successful & will continue to do so.....they hate our players & will look for anything to bag them. Let’s not join them in hating our own!
I'm not hating our own.

What I can't take is continually waiting for the next headline to come out because of a DH players inability to understand their opinion can cause damage to our brand.

We were once the glamour club of the competition. We were what the roosters are now but have fallen a long way for reasons we are all well aware of.

Look at our sponsors now. Garbage companies, betting websites and hire shops. I'm greatful they are putting in their hard-earned cash into the club bet gone are the days of big blue chip companies wanting to get on board.

And while ever the idiots are allowed to behave the way they do and damage our brand we will be forever stuck at the bottom.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2