We need a clear out.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So your saying Watmough should have never played for our club??

How about Foran and Snake?? They were caught up in all that Eddie Hayson stuff.

My mum has stories of some Manly legends being absolute dckheads around the 80s and early 90s that would put these ones to shame.

Today there are cameras everywhere and social media. Football players like everyone will always have colourful characters. It’s what’s makes society.

Wow strong opinion.

Outrageous is perhaps a little over the top.

So tell me where do we draw the line? Are you happy for our club to remain on the back pages in a negative way? We are hated enough already without some of our players continually adding to the poo pile don't you think?

Oh and on your point of being an Angel let me think. I've never struck a woman, overdosed, been charged by police, been in court, caused physical injury to another person on purpose, been a general knobhead or acted like a clueless Kunt. So yes we all have our issues some more than others obviously.
Sound's like you've lived a **** boring life dude. Go to the city and have a few drinks... act like a knobhead and get charged for public urination! Tackle some random and then act like a clueless kunt when he asks why! Live a little

Sound's like you've lived a **** boring life dude. Go to the city and have a few drinks... act like a knobhead and get charged for public urination! Tackle some random and then act like a clueless kunt when he asks why! Live a little
Na mate thanks but no thanks. I've gone ok up until this point not being a Kunt. Some peoples boring is another's Bliss.

As a fan of this club for the past 33 years through the good and the bad I see no issue in questioning the troops for their life choices that affect the club. I couldn't care less what they get up to in their own time but weather they like it or not their behaviour is critical.

Its the club that suffers in the end.

I find it interesting anger this thread has caused many of you considering on match days most of those that have raised objection to my original post tear strips out of the players most of the time when loosing.

I admit lumping Marty, thommo and perhaps Jorge in the list was a little unfair but as for the rest of them I still question the harm they have done and continue to do to the clubs brand.

Last edited:
Is Thompson continually nominated for the Ken Stephens award for his community work?
But he drank to much once and fell so we better hang him.

Wasn't Taufua once highlighted as a gentleman for after a game helping a steward drag back advertising boards?
But he made a had signal once so hang him.

I've heard Marty praised many times in the media for being an absolute pleasure to deal with but again he has posed in pics with a silly hand signal hang him.

God I'd love to be as pious as the OP and never have done anything silly in my life.

Also Eagle of London you talk about the line, so where is your line?

You list Suli as a "bad egg" what is the reasoning? I can see him certainly as not a hard trainer....or is it the hand signals or the hookah?

If the Hookah annoys you what about Cliffy on the smokes just before game time or is that okay?

What about Sirro? He punched a door in a Balmain pub in 2017 also if I remember correctly some pics got out of him in bed with some girl that wasnt his partner so should he go? Or as he isn't Islander or Indigenous is he ok?

A good friend of mine tells me when he was a kid he asked Tooves for an autograph and he claims he was told to "f**k off".......he was 12. Should we have never had Tooves.

DCE backflipped on a deal with the Titans, is that better or worse than Jorge gesturing after a try?

He also had a scuffle with Hastings no?

Api after a close death woke up drunk in someone elses house? Are you glad his gone?

Stewart had the Hayson connection and went through a case just as serious as Manase before being found innocent, where do we land on Brett?

Cleary defied a public health order would you be against signing him?

Horseburgh flipped the bird at fans when coming off the field, black list him?

Tedesco went back on his word on a deal for Canberra as did Papalii for Parra. Avoid both? Papalii also an anti vaxxer so cant have him I guess.

Ben Kennedy post retirement got boozy and ended up on a restricted site (defence was it?) I guess we should have never had BK?

Jamie Lyon walked out on a club in acrimonious circumstances....is that ok?

Where exactly is your line, would just like a clear definition here?

Also Eagle of London you talk about the line, so where is your line?

You list Suli as a "bad egg" what is the reasoning? I can see him certainly as not a hard trainer....or is it the hand signals or the hookah?

If the Hookah annoys you what about Cliffy on the smokes just before game time or is that okay?

What about Sirro? He punched a door in a Balmain pub in 2017 also if I remember correctly some pics got out of him in bed with some girl that wasnt his partner so should he go? Or as he isn't Islander or Indigenous is he ok?

A good friend of mine tells me when he was a kid he asked Tooves for an autograph and he claims he was told to "f**k off".......he was 12. Should we have never had Tooves.

DCE backflipped on a deal with the Titans, is that better or worse than Jorge gesturing after a try?

He also had a scuffle with Hastings no?

Api after a close death woke up drunk in someone elses house? Are you glad his gone?

Stewart had the Hayson connection and went through a case just as serious as Manase before being found innocent, where do we land on Brett?

Cleary defied a public health order would you be against signing him?

Horseburgh flipped the bird at fans when coming off the field, black list him?

Tedesco went back on his word on a deal for Canberra as did Papalii for Parra. Avoid both? Papalii also an anti vaxxer so cant have him I guess.

Ben Kennedy post retirement got boozy and ended up on a restricted site (defence was it?) I guess we should have never had BK?

Jamie Lyon walked out on a club in acrimonious circumstances....is that ok?

Where exactly is your line, would just like a clear definition here?
Bit worked up arnt you?

Bit worked up arnt you?
Haha not at all

Just dont think you are really nailing the point you are trying to make.

Sure as a whole a club needs to ensure they have a strong culture but what you are asking would likely leave us with Jake and Tom V 17 each week.

An average point, poorly made IMO

So.......where is your line?

Domestic violence isn't 'silly' is it Disco? Do you have a daughter? I guess not.

Domestic violence is as serious as it comes.

I think you are intelligent enough to know my reference was to players making hand signals after tries or on insta.......even Thommo drinking to much and falling whilst possibly having serious and devastating implications could be classed as silly.

I think you are trying to skew the conversation but I'll take it that you aren't.

So on DV, just a guilty verdict and the club terminates or the accusation?

Walker whether you agree or not was found not guilty. Should we have terminated him though....in your opinion as our own jury above the courts?

AFB......I could get on board with a no signing anyone guilty on DV for sure but if someone has served their time? What are your thoughts here?

Genuinely just wanting to get a clear idea of extactly your criteria

All off this stuff just comes down to how personally outraged people are. Rugby League is played mostly in working class or less areas.
There are a few genuine incidents that lose clubs or the NRL money
Its all about team harmony mostly, they dont have to be pillars unless we hold them to accountability for eveyones lives, not just there own.

Its all too nancy drew

Domestic violence is as serious as it comes.

I think you are intelligent enough to know my reference was to players making hand signals after tries or on insta.......even Thommo drinking to much and falling whilst possibly having serious and devastating implications could be classed as silly.

I think you are trying to skew the conversation but I'll take it that you aren't.

So on DV, just a guilty verdict and the club terminates or the accusation?

Walker whether you agree or not was found not guilty. Should we have terminated him though....in your opinion as our own jury above the courts?

AFB......I could get on board with a no signing anyone guilty on DV for sure but if someone has served their time? What are your thoughts here?

Genuinely just wanting to get a clear idea of extactly your criteria
So on the hand signals and Thommo. Perhaps you missed an earlier post that I said perhaps I was wrong to lump those guys in this conversation. Although I still remember the stories showing Jorge and Marty doing the gang signs. Was a talkjng point for a few weeks across the papers and tv so one would lead to the idea that was bad press on our club?

I'm going to diverge a little here so stay with me.

Just because a court says your innocent it doesn't mean you are. Plenty of bad people have beaten the system. Its happens every day all over the world.

Was Micheal Jackson a kiddie fiddler? Did OJ Simpson kill his ex wife and her boyfriend? According to the courts no so they must be totally innocent then yes? Cool

So to the point at hand. You know just as well as me DW laid hands on his GF. Hopefully you watched the video from the day and are copus mentus enough to see at least some of the truth? Sure he was not guilty and his GF was confused and it didn't happen so all good.

AFB punched his pregnant GF in the Stomach. Nice.

Hopefully my line is a little more clear now?

So on the hand signals and Thommo. Perhaps you missed an earlier post that I said perhaps I was wrong to lump those guys in this conversation. Although I still remember the stories showing Jorge and Marty doing the gang signs. Was a talkjng point for a few weeks across the papers and tv so one would lead to the idea that was bad press on our club?

I'm going to diverge a little here so stay with me.

Just because a court says your innocent it doesn't mean you are. Plenty of bad people have beaten the system. Its happens every day all over the world.

Was Micheal Jackson a kiddie fiddler? Did OJ Simpson kill his ex wife and her boyfriend? According to the courts no so they must be totally innocent then yes? Cool

So to the point at hand. You know just as well as me DW laid hands on his GF. Hopefully you watched the video from the day and are copus mentus enough to see at least some of the truth? Sure he was not guilty and his GF was confused and it didn't happen so all good.

AFB punched his pregnant GF in the Stomach. Nice.

Hopefully my line is a little more clear now?

So firstly.....okay so your saying your line is anything that is bad press for the club is the line for you?

Is that right...or not as you are retracting on Thommo, Taufua etc?

In regards to your divergence, absolutely but it gets tricky here because as a society we do need to take legal system as it is. We can't really just disregard and make our own assumption.....it is really dangerous territory.

Brett Stewart a case in point, should we have cut ties and said sure, he was found not guilty but we as a club reckon probably not so we should sack him anyway?

Josh Reynolds is a guy that twice recently has shown that you can't jump to conclusions.

And I'm not defending Walker or AFB here, I'm just again trying to understand your line.

So is it anyone who brings bad publicity?

If so is there a measure as to what constitutes the level of bad publicity required? Is it the action itself or the media uptake?

Or is it rather anyone facing a criminal accusation? If so is the accusation enough? Do we need a guilty verdict? Or is it the court of public opinion...if enough Joes on the street reckon they are guilty then we cut ties?

What clearly moving forward constitutes a red flag?

So firstly.....okay so your saying your line is anything that is bad press for the club is the line for you?

Is that right...or not as you are retracting on Thommo, Taufua etc?

In regards to your divergence, absolutely but it gets tricky here because as a society we do need to take legal system as it is. We can't really just disregard and make our own assumption.....it is really dangerous territory.

Brett Stewart a case in point, should we have cut ties and said sure, he was found not guilty but we as a club reckon probably not so we should sack him anyway?

Josh Reynolds is a guy that twice recently has shown that you can't jump to conclusions.

And I'm not defending Walker or AFB here, I'm just again trying to understand your line.

So is it anyone who brings bad publicity?

If so is there a measure as to what constitutes the level of bad publicity required? Is it the action itself or the media uptake?

Or is it rather anyone facing a criminal accusation? If so is the accusation enough? Do we need a guilty verdict? Or is it the court of public opinion...if enough Joes on the street reckon they are guilty then we cut ties?

What clearly moving forward constitutes a red flag?
Regardless of my feelings you obviously have different red lines. That's fine fill your boots.

We will never obviously agree on the detrimental effect of bad press for the club.

Obviously it doesn't matter what players do in many eyes here and again each to their own.

Perhaps we should get josh Dugan , Russell packer, Ben barber and Matt Lodge in as well?

Although I wonder all your opinions on d¹ck heads from other sides? Do they deserve second chances?

Regardless of my feelings you obviously have different red lines. That's fine fill your boots.

We will never obviously agree on the detrimental effect of bad press for the club.

Obviously it doesn't matter what players do in many eyes here and again each to their own.

Perhaps we should get josh Dugan , Russell packer, Ben barber and Matt Lodge in as well?

Although I wonder all your opinions on d¹ck heads from other sides? Do they deserve second chances?

I'm yet to really state me opinions simply asking you questions.

What I'm after is a clear understanding of the line you draw to sack a player.

If you want my opinion sure.

The gang signs and misuse of social media is not a good look. The club needs to be educate and train players in how this tarnishes not only the club but their own personal brand. In terms they understand and care about, their brand equals $$$.
That said on a whole niether of these are sackable offences with the exception of social media being used to propagate hate via racism, homophobia etc (ala Folou).

In terms of drinking etc. Again club needs to work with players to understand their responsibilities here. We are talking about young guys so they are entitled to a bit of fun but excessive consumption that leads in violence, anti social behavior or dangerous activity needs to be dealt with harshly and repeat offences or a particularly serious iffence could lead to termination.

Criminal activity, If found guilty of serious crimal activity the club must terminate a player. For mine though, we cannot put ourselves above the courts.

Now that is for sacking.

As for signing or resigning that is a different kettle of fish.....and in this respect lets talk specifics.

Thompson, Taufua, Suli etc...nothing in their non football related behaviour that would stop me resigning them. Purely football based.

Fainu, at this stage I give him the presumption of innocence. If found not guilty he resumes with us. Time will tell with him, beyond the case nothing he has done is terminal but he should be told to smarten up.

Walker, personally I wouldnt resign him as it stands. In fact I wasnt keen to sign him when we did. I feel he comes with two much baggage and brain snaps for his overall on field contribution and fit to our squad.

AFB - Would have been happy for the club to take a stand and not to sign him on the basis of his conviction to begin with. That said he served his time and everyone is entitled to a second chance so didnt kick up a fuss when we did.
All the off field stuff since then has been indicative of someone overly confident for their own intelligence.
The use of the word retarted and spastic is particularly unsavoury and he needs to be educated and the club should enforce community hours in the disability sector.
That said, he has from now till his contract is up to prove he can smarten up

Some on here must be very glad they don't follow the NFL.

Makes the NRL look like Sunday school

All off this stuff just comes down to how personally outraged people are. Rugby League is played mostly in working class or less areas.
There are a few genuine incidents that lose clubs or the NRL money
Its all about team harmony mostly, they dont have to be pillars unless we hold them to accountability for eveyones lives, not just there own.

Its all too nancy drew
As is usual for you James you’ve pretty much nailed it here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4