Walker's role?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree feathered freind . No player should be a walk up start unless they are capable of rising to our Legendary clubs great high standards of excellence in both defence and attack .

Dynamic attacking centres thrill and an in form Dylan Walker goes in for the Kill !!!
Watch The Match Winner and enjoy
Speed is cocaine on the footy field
Take it away Dylan >>>>>>
I remember that try well. It was in 2017 and was terrific.
Problem is, I don't remember him scoring many others in the following four seasons.
Perhaps you can compile a video of all the Walker tries that have slipped my memory?

7 trys worth.
I don't think he has been selected in the centres for over two years. It might be interesting to see how many try assists he had at five eighth in that time (assume it would be a modest number)

Anyway, due to injury, he played a total of less than 11 full games over the last two years, with none at centre.

Last edited:
Two questions: How many games has Dylan played in the last four seasons (2019-2021)?And how many of those has he played as centre?
At the end of the day, it's his job to stay on the park as a professional footballer. Getting your body right and your mind right is part of what we pay him for. Not playing games and/or being selected at 6 is not a good enough excuse for what he has offered. He has been consistently poor in all aspects of professionalism for years.

He owes the club big time and I suspect he knows it.

Looks like Dylan is viewed in a specifically utility role at the moment and may stay that way even when the full compliment of the Manly pack are all available . Interesting who may be ahead currently in the pecking order between him and Suli to resume to centre if or when Parker or Harper may be not be [ or unlikely to not be ] in favour or unavailable at some future stage this season . Think that Dylan is presently on about 400 k and could only expect to accept less to stay . Terrible run with injuries last season and hopefully behind him this season , really think that he has been underestimated as a 6 with his previous performances there . Think that he can still be an asset to the club but on less coin and how much would certainly be open to conjecture .

Obviously he can replace anyone that goes down injured in the backline.
But can also be used as a 2nd 5/8th and/or 3rd centre to pop up anywhere in attack.

I like it.

At the end of the day, it's his job to stay on the park as a professional footballer. Getting your body right and your mind right is part of what we pay him for. Not playing games and/or being selected at 6 is not a good enough excuse for what he has offered. He has been consistently poor in all aspects of professionalism for years.

I agree, but at five eighth, he played very well at the backend of 2019 and was an integral part of our run to the finals. He also played well at the start of 2020 till injury ruled him out for the remainder of the season (his comeback game lasted a few minutes). I think many people are even less forgiving after his drunken behaviour during the last off season. Hopefully, he can perform for the rest of the season in a way that silences even his most vehement detractors.

Knowing something and accepting it are often two very different things. Walker's time as a strike centre is over. He could have been one of the best strike centres to play the game in recent times. We will never know, because of his poor attitude, unprofessionalism, injuries and his inconsistent/woeful defence. He knows he can reinvent himself as a bench utility, but I don't think his ego will ever accept that.

Last edited:
For mine, a utility is someone that can cover as many positions as possible with as little disruption to the team as possible.
I like Walker filling the role last game and for the next one but Shu will be back after that and will push Lawton out of the staring side and he is my choice at 14 because of his versatility, defence and attitude. Maybe we can play around with Walker on the bench and selectively rest guys for the next month after that. Come the time leading into the finals we need 3 forwards and 1 utility on the bench. You don't make it near the finals if you don't have strike so a Lawton type of utility holds much more value than an arm-grabbing maybe strike player and he is only real 9 backup in our squad.

Walker is a more skilful & instinctual player than the rest of our three quarters. If he his effort level increases, I would suggest he replaces Harper. I think Saab would score a stack of tries outside him (hark back to Uate 2017). Otherwise, he would be an excellent super sub.

With all currently injured players available, a possible17 could be

1. Turbo
  2. Garrick
  3. Parker
  4. Walker
  5. Saab
  6. Foran
  7. DCE
  8. Marty
  9. Croker
  10. Paseka
  11. Schuster