Walker's role?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have not be a fan of Walkers, I think his off field behaviour, the fact he has missed plenty of football and let us down during his time swings my opinion. However I think there is a quality player inside him, given the current status of the game and player rollover with injuries, I’m happy to see him get any opportunities for the remainder of the season if and when we need him, maybe he can prove his worth and add value to our team then.
Maybe he can repay the club with some quality football for the remainder of the season, prove his worth keeping albeit on a much reduce salary and earn back some respect.

Last edited:
We are no longer relying on a limited core squad we now have a playing squad with quality and depth. Injuries and form will determine who plays where and our playing group now offers plenty of options with good forwards still to come back.

Saab IS ALREADY scoring "a stack of tries" outside Harper.
But how many have of these have been try assists from Harper? I am also a great fan of Harper's, but IMO Walker's ceiling is higher.

As long as the team is winning, I am happy. Des is going well at present with Harper & Lawton being especially astute signings.

Walker will never have the "effort level", passion or desire of a Parker or Harper because he is a show-pony... and Saab IS ALREADY scoring "a stack of tries" outside Harper.

Harpers and Parkers are worth more than a Dylan Walker all day, every day.
Totally agree and as evidenced by last night,when Walker moved to the centres once Suli went off,he didn’t even look to pass to Parker on the wing

But hey, knowing Des he’ll run with Walks & Suli on the bench!
What the f$&k would we know?
um agreed - Des knows far far more than us that is for sure. Team is going fabulously except for the Knights game and Des needs to take at least some of the credit for that and especially last night. Great win. I hoped for a close win - that really did exceed expectations

If we get a Schuster back this week id play Walker in Blacktown to get his minutes up.
While he outran a backrower to score off an early kick the two arm grab miss tackles were bad and cows scored soon after.
first try was scored thru harper, other try when he ran off the line..

He did great as our 14. Quality utility players off the bench can be the difference between good and great sides. (Walker off the bench covers 6, 3, 4, 1) When Schuster comes back Lawton goes to 15 as backrow rotation but can also cover 9, 7, 3, 4 and potentially 13 as well. Taupau (mainly 10, 8, but can cover 11, 12 in an emergency also) and Sipley (10, 8). I can't find a spot for Siro, and Sipley drops out of the bench when Aloiai comes back. If Fainu is somehow available for the finals he will walk back into the 9 spot. I'm not a massive fan of that happening as previously I have suggested he should come back via Blacktown and get a preseason in before starting as 9 in 2022. Lawton has demonstrated that might not be completely necessary. So much young Manly talent with first grade experience waiting for more opportunities as well. I feel a premiership coming our way pretty soon. 2022 or 2023. 2021 would be awesome, and still possible, but unlikely. Go Manly.
He did exceptionally well considering it was his first hit out for a long time
I consider him a strike centre and a strike centres dominance was not evident in our scoreless second have effort against our disappointing loss to the knights where we were favourites to win and failed to convert any chances to give us a chance of a win .

Harper certainly didn't have his best game. He will definitely need to improve on that performance to hold down his spot.
How affective were Harper and Parker against our disappointing loss to the Knights ?

We have a more challenging games to go before we know who our starting 17 will be

All I know is which players have more ability to bust the game wide open and it is up to them to rise to being their best

International level centre played mostly at five-eighth or fullback. Still only 26 y.o.. Opportunity to re-sign at a discounted price next year (you would think).
Parker contract also up for renewal (24 y.o.)
Harper contracted to 2022 (22 y.o.)

Team option on Kieran Foran for 2022. If fit I think Foz stays, but if he goes, Des might like having Walkz as backup for Schuster.

It’s getting to the point where the squad we have now can just be sustained. We don’t need to go hard in the market because we have what we need. Imagine Fainu comes back...with Tom there, we have a premiership window open.
Agreed but 4/5 players out of the current squad will either not be resigned, or leave of their own accord. Boyle, Gosiewski definitely will not be resigned. Garrick, Walker potentially to leave of their own accord, maybe we also punt Suli (only if we can rehome him for 2022 by paying some of his freight) Croker could walk as well (he won't be happy to play at Blacktown if Fainu is available, and Lawton is the 14). Cust as well potentially. I can't see Siro as a starting backrower ever again. It's hard to justify resigning him as well, with the squad depth we now have. I hope we retain Garrick and Croker from the above, but if Foran plays another year, Croker won't hang around for Reggie's. Garrick becomes the priority to keep somehow, but that might not happen. Des has a few decisions to make. Interesting times ahead.

Hard to read much into Dylan's performance because the Cowboys threw not much at us after the opening 10-15 minutes, and by the time Dylan came on, we had already won the match.

Still not convinced he is good enough defensively at centre which is my main issue with him as a player across his 5 years with us.

I expect he'll be at 14 again next week.

Hard to read much into Dylan's performance because the Cowboys threw not much at us after the opening 10-15 minutes, and by the time Dylan came on, we had already won the match.

Still not convinced he is good enough defensively at centre which is my main issue with him as a player across his 5 years with us.

I expect he'll be at 14 again next week.
A gun like Walker playing the 14 role couod be a genius move, especially with the new rules.

Such a tough one. Say by finals time (should we make it), the only unavailable players are Davey and Boyle, I'd maybe go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

That means I'd left out: Brad Parker (he's been so fantastic this hurts), Lachlan Croker, Toafofoa Sipley (really tough, he's great) & Moses Suli.

I really think having Walks in there will unlock Garrick was a winger. I think that team challenges absolutely anyone in the league.

Such a tough one. Say by finals time (should we make it), the only unavailable players are Davey and Boyle, I'd maybe go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

That means I'd left out: Brad Parker (he's been so fantastic this hurts), Lachlan Croker, Toafofoa Sipley (really tough, he's great) & Moses Suli.

I really think having Walks in there will unlock Garrick was a winger. I think that team challenges absolutely anyone in the league.
I put a line through Fainu so Croker comes back in. I also think Parker keeps his spot. I think Parker is ahead of Harper in the pecking order. So Walker either right centre for Harper or my preferred option is Walker to 14 and probably Siro misses out! Either way its a very strong looking 17 especially if Turbo is fit and firing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6