Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's already done it.

Our hopes are seriously dented because our back-line depth is non-existent. Our young guys may rise to the occasion here or there but our chance for consistent performances has taken a huge hit. Because our top three-quarter 'might have' committed an offence.

Walker may be found not guilty, the defence case hasn't even started yet, has it?

At least if you wait till someone is guilty of something you can sack them and replace them. We can't do that. Greenberg 'may' look favourably on an application for salary cap exemption. Please Your Highness, we bow and scrape and beg your indulgence.

So what? Which decent player can we sign now who will be happy to sign for only 3 months?

Plus, Manly still has to pay the contract.

Plus, how sexist is it to suggest any assault on a woman is worse? That logic demeans women of itself.

This unprincipled disgrace of a CEO was perfectly happy for Auva'a to play an entire season and win a premiership, AFTER pleading guilty to domestic violence offences. Now his principled approach requires a different course. Give us a break. There is zero of principle involved in Greenberg's decision-making. It is all about cynical expedience, pandering to vested interests, and keeping up appearances.
Great post. The thing about Walker’s matter is that even if he is not found not guilty, Todd may even impose a further punishment...

So Manly have said that Manly have accepted the NRL standing Walker down and have been told that any application for salary cap relief will be looked on favourably. I’d imagine that accepting the Stand down would have been a pre-requisite for the salary cap relief.
You're probably right about that.

So if Manly have applied for salary cap relief, I wonder if/when it would be granted? Any chance of before round 1?

If a miracle happens and its granted, me thinks we should target Cheyse Blair.

Contract with walker ends at the end of this season with us.
Whatever the case even if he is found not guilty he won’t be given another contract with us, he doesn’t fit Des s mould of a player and has never really been a true manly player.
I would be very happy to see the back of him come seasons end.

If someone could explain, if Manly have been told that a salary cap relief would be favourably looked at by the NRL HQ what happens? The way I see it we can go look for a replacement and let's say that its a better player say around the $500K mark, we sign him but the moment that Walker is found not guilty, then we have to include his wage under our cap as well? Automatically it puts us over the cap? What goes there? No one is going to sign up for 11 games? I'm confused? Can we ask for relief and forward pay a player for next year allowing for a bigger signing next year?

You're probably right about that.

So if Manly have applied for salary cap relief, I wonder if/when it would be granted? Any chance of before round 1?

If a miracle happens and its granted, me thinks we should target Cheyse Blair.
I suspect that whatever the relief regime in place is, it will be completely unworkable unless the player stood down is a Neville and on low pay.

Contract with walker ends at the end of this season with us.
Whatever the case even if he is found not guilty he won’t be given another contract with us, he doesn’t fit Des s mould of a player and has never really been a true manly player.
I would be very happy to see the back of him come seasons end.
Yep, have to agree with you. Walker's non-anger management has been heaps more trouble than he's worth. If proven guilty, this issue is the last straw and good riddance.

On what possible basis ?other than taking another bit off bark of Manly
Well, he could say that while his actions were not sufficient for criminal charges to stick, his behaviour towards a woman and child were not of a standard that the game expects of its players.

See, I just made something up! I could run the NRL!

Well, he could say that while his actions were not sufficient for criminal charges to stick, his behaviour towards a woman and child were not of a standard that the game expects of its players.

See, I just made something up! I could run the NRL!
I believe you
Walker has bought this on himself no doubt and all that bald head c&$t is doing is twisting the knife like the bitter little grub he is But regardless of that fact .......gee I f@&&ng hate that bald headed dead eyed C&#T !!!!!!!
With a passion!!!!!!!

I can sympathise with the NRL trying to stop the poor behaviour, its getting out of hand.

The problem they have is if Walker is found not guilty you have suspended a player for 3 months for "bringing the game in to disrepute", and the penalty length is being determined by the court system, not the NRL. Same for De Bellend, Bolton, etc..

So if walkers case is heard and acquitted over the summer break, does that mean you get no weeks suspension? Can he sue the NRL for the enforced suspension?

I also take issue with Greenturd having power to suspend based on discretion. That has abuse of power written all over it. Also what about salary cap dispensation for the club, your penalising them for someone personal lives misbehaviour.

In terms of Walker, Ive had enough of his BS. This is now one of many screw ups. He clearly has anger Mgmt issues. I think Des is well with in his rights to say goodbye (if he isnt already shown the door for being guilty of DV). Use his salary to pick up a decent centre like Hopoate (playing outside albert could be a magical combo).

In terms of backline, we should have kept Kelly. We are awfully light and now with Turbo out, we could be in for a rough season.

Look we might be surprised - guys like Suli and Elliot might have break out seasons, you never know. Hopa is showing all the right signs of a good player. Can we bring young Funa into the top 30, he is also a promising centre.

Can we just go back to winning. I miss those days.

If someone could explain, if Manly have been told that a salary cap relief would be favourably looked at by the NRL HQ what happens? The way I see it we can go look for a replacement and let's say that its a better player say around the $500K mark, we sign him but the moment that Walker is found not guilty, then we have to include his wage under our cap as well? Automatically it puts us over the cap? What goes there? No one is going to sign up for 11 games? I'm confused? Can we ask for relief and forward pay a player for next year allowing for a bigger signing next year?

You make a good point and I dont have an answer.

The only thing I can think is that we start the season with 29 registered in our top 30. Perhaps we can use the equivalent in suspension (so in this case 9-10 games) as salary cap dispensation and the new player is player no. 30. So you have to have the room for the rest of the contract value.

If walker is then suspended, we then have another free spot in our top 30 and his equivalent salary.

Note: My logic only works if the player is suspended before Top 30 is locked in, or, if the player is rubbed out for the rest of the season.

I see Manly has backed down on the suspension issue with Walker. Methinks they don't want to go back into battle again with the Admin. Leave it to St George to fight that battle. Perhaps they want the money the NRL has promised...but is yet to offer.

Agreed - and Walker is one of the worst examples. This isn’t a guy we recruited after he had done anything towards redeeming himself, we took him on board literally as soon as he was sacked for DH behaviour at another club. Half the problem is he’s never had to face the consequences of his actions - and now Manly are having to cop the fallout, yet again. Should’ve left well enough alone when his junior club would no longer have a bar of him.

Was he sacked for taking the prescription drugs? If that is it hardly the crime of the century, to me his onfield carry on and the latest incident is more concern. He was punted to make salary cap room at the end of the day.

So, what is to stop me, you, anyone from having a chance encounter with a league player, perhaps I am at the airport or nightclub and see for example Cam Smith has come into the mens room to use the loo.

i walk out, call the police saying I was touched innapropriately, he gets charged...

See where this decision can lead.....

A close mate and high profile sportsman who played for Aus for a decade in another summer sport knows this well after becoming estranged from his wife and young son

At its worst ,time and time again he was a victim of a set up situation

The old trick about being in a lift alone and a third party getting in and stopping at a floor only for some one to take a set up inappropriate picture of him inside with another was real and happened regularly

Never made media or charges but very uncomfortable and unnerving for the player

Snake bullsit acusation was same but just on steroids and disgusts me that an innocent party could be defamed and taken away from his profession on a whim

It is difficult to go outside the presumption of innocent no matter we try to keep our game clean

Gallop should never ever be able to hold his head high and should be called out in snakes case from roof tops

Green turd is also incompetent
Gould ,bozo Arko or any other league business person would all ****e on him doing the role

Every night when I go home
Keep the noise if the city down , shouting ...,,,,,,,,,

ABC got it right

I want Ita

The Salary Cap concession seems to have a few flaws to it.

Whilst we may be granted 400k as a concession for example, if we were to sign a player what happens if Walker is found not guilty in May and comes back in to the squad accordingly? With him back and a new signing would we not then likely be over the cap?

The more I think about it, I reckon it will be cap relief to elevate a development player into the Top 30 or 31, if you like. I highly doubt it will facilitate a like for like replacement for the reasons others have set out, namely if the player is found not guilty part way through the year.

You make a good point and I dont have an answer.

The only thing I can think is that we start the season with 29 registered in our top 30. Perhaps we can use the equivalent in suspension (so in this case 9-10 games) as salary cap dispensation and the new player is player no. 30. So you have to have the room for the rest of the contract value.

If walker is then suspended, we then have another free spot in our top 30 and his equivalent salary.

Note: My logic only works if the player is suspended before Top 30 is locked in, or, if the player is rubbed out for the rest of the season.

So what your telling me is that NRL HQ are ^#ucking us over for the first 11 games, so on top of last years bull%hite we have this on top. Salary cap reduction of $1mil (effectively) against most of the other clubs? Any odds where we'll be at round 11 - 2 or 3 wins from 11?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4