Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
.but I still maintain he shouldn't need Manly to do that and it isn't the club's responsibility. The onus is on him.

Agree ..... but the welfare resources are there .... so time they earnt their keep ...

That he has issues is not disputed .... but the degree and magnitute of them is currently speculation ..... by the time it gets to trial I think we may all be better informed ....

Dylan needs help for his anger issues. He loses his sh!t and can't think straight. The broken door and his broken eye socket show that. What worries me is that he obviously didn't see fit to seek some guidance back then...or had nobody take him by the hand and lead him to professional help.

When no one takes notice of the red flags along the way....eventually tagedy strikes. He hasn't picked up on any of the clues himself....so I think he may need a massive jolt to wake him up!

And this at well be it!!

And this at well be it!!

Hopefully, yes. Nothing has worked so far.

I have no problem with him being sacked either way. On one hand it would free up some cash....but can we replace him with anyone better for less coin??? On the other hand it could serve as a huge wake up call that he so desperately needs.

The only down side would be that blokes with this sort of personality would refuse to take ownership of their demise and may find it easier to lash out and blame his wife for making it all public by running from the house.

Anyway...those are my feelings on this highly emotional matter.

Sorry for getting so into it everyone. I'll return to my regular braodcasting....(no....I don't mean throwing sheilas across the lounge. LOL!!)

Is this hot weather making it hard for anyone else to coil their penis?? I'm having to just ball mine up in a hair net...it just doesn't coil neatly. The heat makes it longer.

I wonder if anyone reckons the club and the NRL should try and help him sort his **** out?

Do either have any responsibility?

Anyone notice the link in the last 3 players in trouble Walker, Coleman and Musgrove?

Whats he gonna cop? Common assault? The other charge will definitely be dropped. Imo he wont get sacked probably 8 weeks and a fine from nrl.

Either charge is enough if he is guilty.
8 weeks? I am not interested in paying someone on his coin to sit on the sideline for 1/3 of a season because of their own character flaw.

The amount of people willing to be lenient is more disappointing. It's a ****ing disgraceful act.

See I reckon the courts should hand out the penalty for the crime.

The club and the NRL need to decide if they want players found guilty of such offences involved in our game, judging by Matt Lodge I'd say the NRL dont care who plays.

I dont like it when the Roosters swoop and pick up these players at the end of their suspensions. Either they are "in" or they are "out" , not out for a certain period.

Last edited:
I am a little perplexed at some of the comments on here. Firstly, I believe no person here on silvertails would condone DV against any person, let alone a female, or a child.

However, for all those that believe Walker must be banished, sacked, let go... I have a very simple question;
Did you see the incident first hand from start to finish? Or is the opinion based on hearsay from a third party (a journo).

I personally do not like Walker due to the way he conducts himself. However, I know there are three sides to every story and we should all be very aware by now that ‘journos’ will stick the boot in to our club, players and fans at every available opportunity.

I honestly could not care less if Walker never plays for us again, and if found guilty he should not play for anyone again. In saying that, any matter in the criminal jurisdiction carries the presumption of ‘innocent till proven guilty beyond a resonable doubt’

Just because I dont like the guy, he has a human right and a legitemate expectation under our rule of law to have his matter heard by a court and pressumed innocent, until proven otherwise.

As above I dont like the guy, but its not my position to judge him until all the evidence is tendered and examined, to arrive at a formal decision with reasonings of those decisions.

Lets not forget several other players in the NRL have done just as bad if not worse, even at our own club (one who currently plays with us), yet we are happy to have that player on our books.

Either charge is enough if he is guilty.
8 weeks? I am not interested in paying someone on his coin to sit on the sideline for 1/3 of a season because of their own character flaw.
Its not upto me mate.. what do you think will happen? The serious charge he has will get dropped for sure he didn't hit her he pulled her down like chicks do when they fight. He will get common assault. If they let lodge bird auva afb all these other scumbags play walker will be fine. Just how long he sits on the sidelines is another matter. The nrl like to play god so... and they will use there game in disrepute bs line so im expecting yea 6-8 weeks. Big fine. Amd he will have a crap season

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone reckons the club and the NRL should try and help him sort his **** out?

Do either have any responsibility?

Interesting point ... my initial response is NO ..... but then all work places these days have Duty of Care laws and I am not familiar enough with them .....

Another thought is that if you have .. say a 3 year multi-million dollar investment in someone then it would behove you to do what is within your power to redeem the situation .....

I admit I got a creepy feeling when Gorman made a point of how much contact the club had with his partner .... of course her welfare is important but perhaps all contact should be by appropriate third parties .... contact by people with a vested interest in making it all go away is fraught with bad juju ..... ...

The amount of people willing to be lenient is more disappointing. It's a ****ing disgraceful act.
Its not as bad as you make it out to be. ****ty thing to do, sure.. scumbag act no doubt but he didn't hit her or kick her like robert lui or afb or auva or anyother scumbag that took it too far. i think walker is a dickhead but hes also a bloody good player if he gets done for common assault he should definitely stay. thats a nothing charge any way. good behavior bond or community service kind of stuff. with a good laywer he probably just get a behavior bond. the almighty nrl will no doubt overreact like ypu have

I am a little perplexed at some of the comments on here. Firstly, I believe no person here on silvertails would condone DV against any person, let alone a female, or a child.

However, for all those that believe Walker must be banished, sacked, let go... I have a very simple question;
Did you see the incident first hand from start to finish? Or is the opinion based on hearsay from a third party (a journo).

I personally do not like Walker due to the way he conducts himself. However, I know there are three sides to every story and we should all be very aware by now that ‘journos’ will stick the boot in to our club, players and fans at every available opportunity.

I honestly could not care less if Walker never plays for us again, and if found guilty he should not play for anyone again. In saying that, any matter in the criminal jurisdiction carries the presumption of ‘innocent till proven guilty beyond a resonable doubt’

Just because I dont like the guy, he has a human right and a legitemate expectation under our rule of law to have his matter heard by a court and pressumed innocent, until proven otherwise.

As above I dont like the guy, but its not my position to judge him until all the evidence is tendered and examined, to arrive at a formal decision with reasonings of those decisions.

Lets not forget several other players in the NRL have done just as bad if not worse, even at our own club (one who currently plays with us), yet we are happy to have that player on our books.

Innocent until proven guilty? At Silvertails it is shoot first, ask questions later.

Not looking good for him

Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker to be sacked if convicted on domestic violence charges
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
44 minutes ago

Subscriber only
Buzz: NRL’s wall of shame
Dylan Walker’s $600,000-a-year Sea Eagles contract will be on the line on Tuesday when he appears in Manly Local Court on domestic violence charges.

Manly will be under pressure to immediately sack Walker, whose contract with the club expires after next season, if he is convicted of assaulting his fiancee Alexandra Ivkovic following a fight over a video game.

Foremost in the minds of Manly’s hierarchy will be the backlash from anti-violence groups and the fact the club could lose lucrative sponsorship deals if Walker is retained.

b56473bdd5083ad7dd95a73ca04efd10

Dylan Walker and Des Hasler leave Manly police station. (9 NEWS)
The former Test and NSW player is likely to request an adjournment to seek further particulars, including witness statements from the prosecution and the specifics of the charge.

The matter is likely to return to court early next year but in the meantime the Sea Eagles will have to deal with the fallout from the allegations by police.

Walker is alleged to have yanked the hair of Ivkovic, a former Miss Universe Australia finalist who gave birth to the couple’s son in July, after she ran out of their Northern Beaches following the incident last Thursday night.

Paramedics treated her for cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet, and Walker was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

An apprehended violence order against Walker will also be heard.

481ce9de72c4fb4f70e4e47e57af16a9

Walker might be forced out of the NRL. (Phil Hillyard)
Manly are closely monitoring the case, while the NRL is waiting to hear all the evidence before making any comment.

Manly remain salary cap compliant this year and wouldn’t need to sack Walker to ease pressure in that area.

The Daily Telegraph contacted several NRL clubs but each claimed they would have no interest in signing Walker if Manly released him.

He best option might be a stint in the UK Super League.

Manly coach Des Hasler will stand by Walker for now but might be involved in the tough decision about whether or not to cut him if he is convicted.

0:01
/
1:07

574c10953881ace012e2d074f32abad1

c78805eec1d1d8144e76c4eb65c96991

Jarryd Hayne maintains innocence
Walker has been instructed to stay away from pre-season training and may not be permitted to return to training until the new year, depending on the verdict.

Meanwhile, the lawyer for rugby league star Jarryd Hayne says his client is innocent and will be pleading not guilty to a sexual assault charge.

The 30-year-old faced Burwood Local Court on Monday, accused of the aggravated sexual assault of a woman at a home in the NSW Hunter Region on September 30 — the night of the NRL grand final.

Again this issue has been raised as to what the point would be if Manly were to sack him and for him to be simply reabsorbed into the system?

"The Daily Telegraph contacted several NRL clubs but each claimed they would have no interest in signing Walker if Manly released him"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8