Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bazeagle

Bencher
Interesting. So if JDB wins his court case against the NRL I wonder where that leaves us with pursuing action against them as well.
I take my original post fully back. Not guilty. I was 100% wrong. I fell for the media spin. Oh well, I apologise to all fans and to anyone else who wants to listen.

Walkers innocence now confirmed by a judge makes the policy of Greenturd and Beattie out to be the folly that it is. The law is innocent until proven guilty.

Now based on their decision our club has been denied the use of a contracted player for nine rounds of football, will the club be compensated? Bloody oath not!! Will Walker get justice? not a cats chance in hell, Will Greenturd and Beattie continue, too bloody right. If De Bellin is also found innocent both of these fools need to be removed from the game!!
Havent you been paying attention? Its GUILTY until proven innocent. This is why they put people in jail and make them sign into police stations or put them on house arrest. Then there like oohh sorry glad your innocent all the best.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
98AD407E-C9B7-4791-83F7-28C619D127D5.jpeg

S

Shnorky

Hopefully, there won't be obstacles to Walker returning asap. With DCE out, initially, I think he'll be selected as five-eighth.
That makes perfect sense.
Get him in without penalizing those who have been so good for us

Well I hope he puts he best performances on the park for the rest of the year, he'll need to as he will be playing for a contract.
If hes playing good we will resign him.. des knows hes a gun and we need a good center no need to search for a new one now we have one of the best.
Now des has to drop suli or move him to wing. Walker better not stuff up our right side defence its been so solid

You may be right, HM. Certainly the media painted it that way...and of course we always believe the media. But the issue is we were not there so we don't really know what happened. The court, and magistrates are very good at discerning the question of guilt and far better than us, determined that he was not guilty of the charges. Again it is not our place to judge and its a matter where we may never know. But lambasting him now after being found not guilty is in fact defaming, and defamation of character based on opinion is in fact a civil offence, so I would be careful. You can think it, perhaps suggest it to your mates, but putting it out there in the public arena is quite risky.
I find it quite disgusting that people on here and in other forums make defamatory comments about someone without any evidence. I probably find it disgusting, as a Manly supporter, that people on here would denigrate Walker's character on here again without the facts. I find it more disturbing that instead of welcoming and accepting the Judge's decision of innocence, we have some on here still throwing mud and in fact trying yo cast a shadow on the Judge's decision to in some way validate their own thoughts/position. Some of the people on here - the "supporters" should take a long hard look at themselves! Disgusting humans indeed sorry to say.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm merely posting the smh coverage of the hearing today :nerd:

It's all public information now

Fair enough and you can state suspicions, which I must admit I also have, but as I said the court has made a judgement and to say things definitively that besmirches character is fraught with danger. Newspapers do it all the time, but they get sued for it as I've mentioned. But its water off a ducks back to them. They will as I said make money on the next story to cover the losses. Individuals like us don't have that luxury. If Walker was to read entries in Silvertails and noted his character being besmirched without justification, he would be free to take action.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Walker should sue the NRL for loss of income (not playing for 9 weeks could have contract implications in future), emotional distress and defamation... And anything else I can't think of.

This policy was blatant guilty until proven innocent treatment, and a complete stain on the reputation of the game. Greenberg and Beattie can suck it, and should stand down immediately now that their no fault stand down policy has been exposed for the farce that it is.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I find it quite disgusting that people on here and in other forums make defamatory comments about someone without any evidence. I probably find it disgusting, as a Manly supporter, that people on here would denigrate Walker's character on here again without the facts. I find it more disturbing that instead of welcoming and accepting the Judge's decision of innocence, we have some on here still throwing mud and in fact trying yo cast a shadow on the Judge's decision to in some way validate their own thoughts/position. Some of the people on here - the "supporters" should take a long hard look at themselves! Disgusting humans indeed sorry to say.

You are not going to like the internet dude.

Fair enough and you can state suspicions, which I must admit I also have, but as I said the court has made a judgement and to say things definitively that besmirches character is fraught with danger. Newspapers do it all the time, but they get sued for it as I've mentioned. But its water off a ducks back to them. They will as I said make money on the next story to cover the losses. Individuals like us don't have that luxury. If Walker was to read entries in Silvertails and noted his character being besmirched without justification, he would be free to take action.
Well said Bear - very very well said!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Walker should sue the NRL for loss of income (not playing for 9 weeks could have contract implications in future), emotional distress and defamation... And anything else I can't think of.

This policy was blatant guilty until proven innocent treatment, and a complete stain on the reputation of the game. Greenberg and Beattie can suck it, and should stand down immediately now that their no fault stand down policy has been exposed for the farce that it is.

I’d say he’d have to be paid now , but what happens if we’ve spent that money on bringing up the Reggie’s to fill in??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12