Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
How can the same bloke that let Russell Packer and Matt Lodge back into the game, and also gave Greg Inglis a glowing Character reference for his court appearance, now start handing out suspensions to blokes found guilty of nothing???

Perfect question to outline how ****ing ridiculous the situation is.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
So Manly have said that Manly have accepted the NRL standing Walker down and have been told that any application for salary cap relief will be looked on favourably. I’d imagine that accepting the Stand down would have been a pre-requisite for the salary cap relief.

@Fluffy, interesting point you made re short term player loans. I like it but it is very hard on the player loaned.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
So the NRL has caved in to hysterical mob (social media and NRL media) and not stood up for a basic right we're all supposed to have (innocent until proven guilty).

I can understand a player charged with a criminal offence not being considered for rep footy, but club football is private companies vs private companies.
Bet that lawyers are queueing up to mount a challenge a la Terry Hill vs The Draft

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's a strange day alright.

Two other things:

Napa to be fined 10% of his salary for a 5 year old video he didn't take and he didn't release. Napa should be recouping that money from the dog who released the video.

Walker to be stood down for 3 months under this 'no fault' thing, but Scott Bolton who has been found guilty of assault gets 10 weeks, reduced to 5 if he talks to other footy teams (which he intends to do).

So... a guilty person gets suspended for less time than someone who is currently pleading innocent in a case not decided?

Incredible.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/bd19b9606002732981f0873e1baf68cf

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Well done Todd never thought you had the balls but you did. If walker is upset by it he can (try) to injunct the league but we all know that aint going to happen (without club support which he doesn't have). Like the salary cap when people threaten court action it never eventuates.
I have it from a few people close to the club they are happy the circus is over.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What exactly is Scott Bolton supposed to say to this gathering of Captains and senior players that will earn him a 50% reduction in his suspension ?? Is Todd going to be present and deem whether his speech is sufficiently contrite ? "Hi I'm Scott, I did a naughty thing. I'm sorry. Thank you for your time ".

It's kindergarten stuff.

Simonmyers11

First Grader

Two other things:

Napa to be fined 10% of his salary for a 5 year old video he didn't take and he didn't release. Napa should be recouping that money from the dog who released the video.

Walker to be stood down for 3 months under this 'no fault' thing, but Scott Bolton who has been found guilty of assault gets 10 weeks, reduced to 5 if he talks to other footy teams (which he intends to do).

So... a guilty person gets suspended for less time than someone who is currently pleading innocent in a case not decided?

Incredible.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/bd19b9606002732981f0873e1baf68cf

Can still get worse, Walkers court case which will be heard May 10 doesn't come to a verdict and then gets adjourned for another 3 months! Might be on the sidelines all year

The Who

Journey Man
What exactly is Scott Bolton supposed to say to this gathering of Captains and senior players that will earn him a 50% reduction in his suspension ?? Is Todd going to be present and deem whether his speech is sufficiently contrite ? "Hi I'm Scott, I did a naughty thing. I'm sorry. Thank you for your time ".

It's kindergarten stuff.
I gather he's going to show a video of his indiscretion. If the box office takings are strong then Nappa will be scheduled to show his for the night session.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can still get worse, Walkers court case which will be heard May 10 doesn't come to a verdict and then gets adjourned for another 3 months! Might be on the sidelines all year
Raises an interesting point. Does he change his plea to guilty and throw himself at the mercy of the court with the full support of his partner's forgiveness in the hope it's a good behaviour bond or something. That ends the court process and thereby his suspension. Of course he then is at the mercy of his Highness Teflon Todd as to whether further suspensions or deregistration are forthcoming because he has been found guilty. He's screwed either way.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Why did @Woodsie leave Manly :giggle:

giphy.gif

No matter who is telling the story ..... the short version always seems to involve a girl and love ... :rofl:

.. and please don't bing @mozgrame into this ...

Kevinward777

First Grader

Two other things:

Incredible.

Wow.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I would have been fine if he had actually stated why and how the decision had been reached

My guess is that to do that would open them up to some potential form of litigation... which means we are all mushrooms here

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18