Walker cleared to play.

  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
Toddy has to be careful with Dylan and it is completely different to DeBelin and many other cases - the person who was allegedly assaulted has under oath in court stated it didn’t happen.

At this stage of the proceedings to suspend and/or fine him would be unconscionable - however Toddy is capable of anything so I am expecting a suspension of at least a month

Toddy's inner circle of media brown noses were say 3 months.

As we all know they are used to leak info in order to prepare the audience so things are not really a shock when stupidity strikes again.
 

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
“The policy has just been made this morning so I wouldn’t mind a few minutes just to regroup and consider that the first time I apply discretion under the policy I do it wisely and considered.”

In other words Tuff Turdy just wants to make sure it affects Manly first.

You are a f#cking grub Greenberg and Manly should appeal thru the courts or wherever they can. Don't let this piece of sh1t get his way.
 
Last edited:

tookey

First Grader
Dylan Walker reportedly stood down in first case of ‘no fault stand down’ call
Manly star Dylan Walker has reportedly become the first player to be stood down under the NRL’s landmark new rules for accused players.

EXCLUSIVE | Ray Hadley reveals Manly Sea Eagles player Dylan Walker will be stood down at midday, under the NRL's new 'no-fault stand-down' policy.

A Manly court heard earlier this week that Walker’s fiance, Alexander Ivkovic, said in a triple-zero call to emergency services that Walker allegedly pulled her hair.

She has since changed that statement.

“After the fact, I realised he did not pull my hair, that’s what I believed at the time, but he reached out to grab my shoulder, not my hair — that got in the way,” she said.

“When everyone left I had a chance to breathe and think — I reached out to family and friends and realised I was recalling things differently to what had happened.”

Dylan Walker reportedly will miss almost half the season.

The attack allegedly occurred on a concrete driveway outside their home on Sydney’s northern beaches, between 4.45pm and 5pm on December 6 after an argument over a PlayStation.

In footage tendered in court, Ivkovic tells the officer a fight started when she made dinner and asked Walker if he wanted a fork or a spoon.

In a triple zero call, Ms Ivkovic said Mr Walker pulled her hair, causing her to fall onto a concrete driveway while she held their four-month-old.

Greenberg said on Thursday he would consider his discretionary powers “wisely” before making his decision on whether Walker should be stood down on full pay.

“Tomorrow, I will be sitting in the same chair providing some clarity on a number of off-field integrity sanctions,” he said.

“The policy has just been made this morning so I wouldn’t mind a few minutes just to regroup and consider that the first time I apply discretion under the policy I do it wisely and considered.”

Dylan Walker and fiance Alexandra Ivkovic leave Manly court.

Wests Tigers recruit Zane Musgrove also faces a charge of indecently assaulting a 22-year-old woman, to which both he and co-accused Penrith reserve grader Liam Coleman have pleaded not guilty.

Musgrove’s contract has not yet been registered by the NRL, while Coleman falls outside the Panthers’ top 30.

“Where such charges involve an offence of violence against women or children, and there will be a strong presumption that the CEO exercises discretion to impose a provisional stand down,” ARL chairman Peter Beattie said as he announced the powers.

Players who are stood down while cases are before the courts will still receive full pay and be allowed to train with their clubs for welfare reasons.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...l/news-story/5037cd22e4f8a57b6c4e3a7ac28f6cd7
 
So, what is to stop me, you, anyone from having a chance encounter with a league player, perhaps I am at the airport or nightclub and see for example Cam Smith has come into the mens room to use the loo.

i walk out, call the police saying I was touched innapropriately, he gets charged...

See where this decision can lead.....
Especially leading up to a final
 
So Walker's stood down for 3 months. He is on say 600k a year. So 1/4 of this year is compensated. So in that theory we should have 150k to buy someone. Considering we are well into preseason we should be able to buy a 250k type player for that 150k using pro rata. Chayse blair again is the obvious choice and storm would also pick up some of his salary. Blair then becomes player #29 in our squad
 

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Club Statement on Dylan Walker
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles has today been advised that Dylan Walker will be stood down by the NRL under the new No Fault stand down policy until the completion of the current matter before the Court.

“We accept this decision as part of the NRL’s drive to significantly uplift player behaviour and the overall image of the game on and off the field,’’ said Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman.

“Equally Dylan’s welfare is paramount to us and we will continue to provide full support to him and his family.

“Naturally we are disappointed to lose Dylan from our playing squad.

“In discussions with the NRL earlier this morning, the Club has been advised that a future application for salary cap relief as a result of this stand down will be looked upon favourably.

“Hopefully this matter will be finalised at the next scheduled hearing date on Friday, May 10.

“Our Club will continue to remain fully focussed on delivering the strongest possible performance on and off the field for our Members, fans and corporate family for the 2019 season.”
 

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I am still mystified as to how another player can be available to fill a stood down player's spot.

Case could be dismissed, withdrawn or expedited and the new player is then meant to disappear :think:

Does it mean that a Club's roster be more than 30 players :think:

What Agent would allow their player to sign a casual contract and risk him being injured and not being able to secure a subsequent contract :think:

With Walker's hearing in 10 weeks, how the heck can he be stood down for 12 :banghead:

giphy.gif
 

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I am still mystified as to how another player can be available to fill a stood down player's spot.

Case could be dismissed, withdrawn or expedited and the new player is then meant to disappear :think:

Does it mean that a Club's roster be more than 30 players :think:

What Agent would allow their player to sign a casual contract and risk him being injured and not being able to secure a subsequent contract :think:

With Walker's hearing in 10 weeks, how the heck can he be stood down for 12 :banghead:

giphy.gif
This call is a can of ring worms for the NRL and their ring leaders .
 

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I’ve stocked up on blood pressure tablets for the next 8 months.
Comfort zones do not build tough players . Sit back and watch our players respond like the great Spartan army that took on the world and conquered..
Dont waste your money on Blood pressure tablets , Spend it on Viagra
 

HappilyManly

Journey Man
So, let's get this straight:
Yesterday the player had to be facing charges with a potential jail term of 11+ years.
Today the player just had to be facing charges.
Yep. That's "fair" and "consistent".
Greenturd's discretionary power is for offences less than 11 years but involves female or child victims
 
Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18
14 7 7 -50 18
15 7 8 -89 18
16 7 8 -31 17
14 5 9 -112 16
14 4 10 -71 14
14 4 10 -105 12
15 4 11 -129 12
Back
Top Bottom