Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Roy Masters talks Dylan Walker's potential penalty.....
SMH 28/02/19
Full Story Link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/al...-greenberg-hospital-pass-20190228-p510yg.html

All hell set to break loose as Beattie throws Greenberg hospital pass

The fireflies of controversy that dance around rugby league will become a swarm, within days, following an ARL Commision decision to grant NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg the power to stand down players charged with offences.

Every rugby league fan with access to a keyboard will sit in judgment on Greenberg’s verdict when he decides whether to stand down Dylan Walker before a court appearance on May 10, when the Manly player will answer two charges of assault.

Greenberg told a press conference on Thursday that he will "make a decision in coming days" on Walker following the ARLC directive to abandon its policy of sanctioning players only after the courts make judgment.

Full story at: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/al...-greenberg-hospital-pass-20190228-p510yg.html

I like how Webster, Masters and co have penned articles with headlines bagging Beattie, but not the guy who is actually in charge.

Coincidence?

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I just heard something disturbing on the news. Future decisions on players who could be stood down in cases like the ones above will be decided by Greenturd alone. Surely the clubs cant allow this. This crooked git has already demonstrated how selective he is when it comes to dishing out punishments. I still want someone to tell me how the hell Lodge was allowed near the game after what he did in NYC??? There needs to be an independent arbitrator who should decide what to do in relation to players who transgress!!
I could not agree more.
How this is ok is beyond me.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Greenslime has another press conference tomorrow, no doubt banning Walker will be the topic.

Bet he’s at home jizzing himself in anticipation of this shafting of our club.

$300k salary cap penalty and wipe out an $800k player, yep all going to plan for Toddy.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue

Sue

Bencher
And he will be met with a resounding chorus of approval. The masses don’t give a toss about due process. They see an entitled brat on 700 k making a fool of himself on and of the field and say good riddance. The masses look at it in black and white. Dickhead + Manly = Get Rid of Him

This is fertile ground for His Lordship. A way to say he’s the tough guy on the block with the games interest at heart. And all this legal huffing and puffing from concerned people will mean nothing because the clubs are nearly all broke and won’t rock the boat waiting for another TV deal plus we have a Players Association who couldn’t run a choco vine over a ****house door.

We may see individual current cases like De Belin go to court seeking compensation but you can bet your bottom dollar every FUTURE NRL contract will have a clause that requires agreement from the player subjecting himself to the new rules.and even more stringent “ bringing the game into disrepute” clauses. And every single player will sign it because they have no choice.

As much as I despise what he’s doing with these new rules and him personally , Toddy has backed a winner here. He has read the herd and the herd want blood. The public
couldn’t give a toss about due process, they are sick of entitled highly paid players making fools of themselves and Dylan is prime fodder for their outrage. What better way to start. Ban an alleged rapist and a Manly player almost universally despised.The new people’s hero His Lordship The Right Honourable Todd Greenberg.

I cannot believe we have been inflicted with this Goose.
And I can’t believe Walker just keeps f...ing up.

Last edited:

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The incompetence of this mob would be laughable if they weren’t destroying people’s careers and the game itself. Greenberg’s ego knows no bounds and Beattie has no idea. They are just making things worse with this discretion nonsense and knee jerk reactions. How dare they

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
We may see individual current cases like De Belin go to court seeking compensation but you can bet your bottom dollar every future NRL contract in the future will have a clause that requires agreement from the player subjecting himself to the new rules.and even more stringent “ bringing the game into disrepute” clauses. And every single player will sign it because they have no choice

I think it's the kick up the arse that the NRL should have enforced or clarified a long time ago. But it's his character reference for some and stand down for others that isn't being called out. Just sick of Greenturd and would love nothing more than him getting what he's owed.

Sue

Bencher
You have gone from contributing more than adequate, intelligent, well constructed posts, to rabble....have you been possessed by a dark spirit?

Ha ha my friend

You underestimate the herd.
Does anyone seriously think Dylan will be given one iota of sympathy when he is banned.He is just perfect for Toddy.

And people underestimate the power of the NRL. To play you play under their rules, however draconian. And future contracts will reflect that so going forward the players will have to sgree..

This will not be like the draft, This stuff has public backing, the clubs have committed to it and most importantly almost everyone involved is stony broke and waiting for the next pay check.The last thing clubland wants is drawn out law suits against the people who feed them.

The Toddy train rolls on.Into the abyss we go.

Last edited:

qldeagle

Bencher
Greenslime has another press conference tomorrow, no doubt banning Walker will be the topic.

$300k salary cap penalty and wipe out an $800k player, yep all going to plan for Toddy.
Mate don't blame any authorities of our game for a low life oxygen thief that unfortunately happens to play for our proud club. If he allegedly dragged his wife by the hair over a PS game get rid of him immediately. That is not Manly and he shouldn't be backed by any decent individual.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate don't blame any authorities of our game for a low life oxygen thief that unfortunately happens to play for our proud club. If he allegedly dragged his wife by the hair over a PS game get rid of him immediately. That is not Manly and he shouldn't be backed by any decent individual.

My view is,

Guilty , throw the book at him.

Until then he’s innocent.

As is Jack De Bellin

Don’t ever forget what Brett Stewart went through.

Not saying in any way I condone the actions BUT until proven guilty he’s still innocent!!

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
So, what is to stop me, you, anyone from having a chance encounter with a league player, perhaps I am at the airport or nightclub and see for example Cam Smith has come into the mens room to use the loo.

i walk out, call the police saying I was touched innapropriately, he gets charged...

See where this decision can lead.....

qldeagle

Bencher
Agree mate, it doesn't look good but I'm happy to wait and see how this pans out. His reputation isn't going to do him any favours though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree mate, it doesn't look good but I'm happy to wait and see how this pans out. His reputation isn't going to do him any favours though

Toddy will throw the book at him , and love doing it!!

Bet the Dragons get cap dispensation and bet we don’t.

Because Greenslime can make up his own rules , and not one of them will favour this club!!

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor

Grub.

Class of 96

Bencher
So, what is to stop me, you, anyone from having a chance encounter with a league player, perhaps I am at the airport or nightclub and see for example Cam Smith has come into the mens room to use the loo.

i walk out, call the police saying I was touched innapropriately, he gets charged...

Couldn’t you have picked someone else to touch you up.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
So in summary:

- Dylan will not automatically be stood down because the maximum penalty for his charge is less than 11 years.

- Before a verdict is reached in an actual court of law, he can however be stood down by the NRL... at the sole discretion of Todd Greenberg

- If stood down by the NRL, any salary cap dispensation is not automatic. It gets decided on a case by case basis... at the sole discretion of Todd Greenberg

- "Consistency is overrated" direct quote from Todd Greenberg today.

I guess some people got what they wanted today... I hope they are happy.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member

i knew Cam Smith was dirty!:giggle:

I just heard something disturbing on the news. Future decisions on players who could be stood down in cases like the ones above will be decided by Greenturd alone. Surely the clubs cant allow this. This crooked git has already demonstrated how selective he is when it comes to dishing out punishments. I still want someone to tell me how the hell Lodge was allowed near the game after what he did in NYC??? There needs to be an independent arbitrator who should decide what to do in relation to players who transgress!!
Lodge is an angel compared to Packer

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18