Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

sheridanstand78

First Grader
It is long overdue that the NRL deal with players who commit crimes like domestic violence and sexual assault. My concern though is that by banning a player before a case goes to trial knowing that it could take over a year to do so will penalise the club that the player represents. I do hope that clubs affected are given time to find a replacement. I do believe that a player should be innocent until proven guilty and we saw what happened to our Brett Stewart a decade or so ago when he was put through 2 years of hell in what turned out to be a pack of lies!! I think the NRL have to be very careful about how they administer this because players who get banned indefinately and are then later exonerated could well sue the NRL for lots of coin. I do not like the knee jerk reaction from Beattie and Greenturd. I want to see the clubs act as one and come up with a policy that is fair to clubs that get affected by legal cases like De Belin , Walker and Hayne.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Toddy has to be careful with Dylan and it is completely different to DeBelin and many other cases - the person who was allegedly assaulted has under oath in court stated it didn’t happen.

At this stage of the proceedings to suspend and/or fine him would be unconscionable - however Toddy is capable of anything so I am expecting a suspension of at least a month
No, they said that it did happen but that it was a misunderstanding, and on reflection they remember it differently.
But its the incident that is in dispute. He is denying the claims made against him and his partner is now supporting him. Doesn't matter if he's guilty. At this moment he is deemed innocent and therefore the incident cant be used against him. Again remember the Stewart case. Based on the claims you're making, Stewart brought the game into disrepute. How can that be if he is innocent. This is where Gallop got himself into such trouble and had to revert to the alcohol issue to justify Brett's suspension, and even that was disputed. Again only the court can make a determination of guilt and confirm that the incident as reported had occurred. That's how the Westminster system works. This is where the NRL's actions in the St George players case is opening a can of worms that could very much come back to bite them. The NRL has no right to make judgement on matters before the court. They are knee jerking because of public pressure but unfortunately a large proportion of the public have no idea about how the law applies in this country.
No! Again! It is not comparable to the Stewart case. An altercation occurred between Walker and his partner. The argument was over a video game and resulted in Walker's partner falling to the ground while being pursued by Walker and calling triple 0 in a panicked state. None of this is being disputed. Stewart was up against nothing but someones word and from the start there was every possibility that the indecent was completely fabricated. De Belin's case is more comparable to the Stewart case in that there can he could still claim that the indecent never occurred. Walker on the other hand has, to some extent, inappropriately and this led to a very public incident occurring outside his home. And regardless of the outcome of his case he will be penalized as a result.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
The other thing that they said is not only is it up to Todd whether a player ‘below the 11 year no fault line’ is stood down pending their court case, it is up to Todd whether the club gets salary cap relief. Will be interesting to see how he applies this discretion.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Read this gem from Shoddy at the press conference:

‘When questioned about the consistency of the new rule, Greenberg said “consistency is overrated”.

“[People] want fairness, they want to know that when we apply sanctions we do it fairly... I can’t promise you consistency,” he responded.’

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
77D8E3C9-7C8D-4C5D-AB5C-84B9F872C07E.jpeg
That has to be a gee up !
Nope straight from Fox Sports @Sue

47MVEagle

Bencher
Ah right, so rather than consistency we can only expect "fairness" from the NRL, like the "fairness" exhibited in Lodge being allowed to sign a contract with the Broncos before he'd made any reparations to the people he terrified in New York compared to the "fairness" displayed in us not being allowed to buy any players until our salary cap investigation was complete compared to the "fairness" of the Sharks being able to buy Segeyaro this week despite being under salary cap investigation compared to....

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Look, Obviously i was not there. Neither were any of you. But you have all taken as gospel what has been printed about witness statements and "victim" 000 calls. Interestingly the "victim"retracted her statement. So she is either a battered wife or it didn't happen like she said it did. Also, as far as witness statements go and how they are reported by the media, i can totally see how from a far a bloke grabbing a girl by the shoulder and her falling over would look like a bloke grabbing a girl by the hair and pulling her to the ground. Especially is she is hysterical at the time. What no one saw was what happened inside the house.

I reckon it went like this

- Dylan is playing video games and ignoring his smoking hot mrs. (Dylan is a loser)
- Dylans mrs has had enough and has a crack at him verbally. Maybe even physically.
- Dylan ignores her again. (Still a massive loser)
- Dylan's mrs is irate by this time and threatens to take the kid away.
- Dylan ignores her again (he's still no smarter)
- Dylans mrs grabs the kid and makes a bolt for the door.
- Dylan follows her while she's screaming at him and grabs her on the arm to try and reason with her but she slips and falls over.
- She's pissed now and then calls the cops and the witnesses tell them what they have seen on the street

A day or 2 later she has calmed down and had a think about it and maybe it wasn't as bad as she made out it was. Maybe there was a bit of day drinking going on? So she retracts her statement.

In any case, I'm over Dylan and all of his bull****. Did i mention that already?

I’ll agree with one part of this she IS “ smoking hot” and he’s not that smart playing Fortnight instead of, well, you know!!

JDB's suspension is a joke

Picard's speech on this is apt to the subject for the reprehensible actions of the NRL

I didn't expect someone with a last name like Greenburg to tread over another man's rights but it is what it is

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
The featherweight title fight between 2 dicks and woody is taking my mind off the fact that the NRL is now officially a rudderless dictatorship run by a deranged ego maniac and an ex politician who knows not where he is.
Keep it rolling boys.
The stoush I mean...

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I just heard something disturbing on the news. Future decisions on players who could be stood down in cases like the ones above will be decided by Greenturd alone. Surely the clubs cant allow this. This crooked git has already demonstrated how selective he is when it comes to dishing out punishments. I still want someone to tell me how the hell Lodge was allowed near the game after what he did in NYC??? There needs to be an independent arbitrator who should decide what to do in relation to players who transgress!!

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Roy Masters talks Dylan Walker's potential penalty.....
SMH 28/02/19
Full Story Link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/al...-greenberg-hospital-pass-20190228-p510yg.html

All hell set to break loose as Beattie throws Greenberg hospital pass

The fireflies of controversy that dance around rugby league will become a swarm, within days, following an ARL Commision decision to grant NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg the power to stand down players charged with offences.

Every rugby league fan with access to a keyboard will sit in judgment on Greenberg’s verdict when he decides whether to stand down Dylan Walker before a court appearance on May 10, when the Manly player will answer two charges of assault.

Greenberg told a press conference on Thursday that he will "make a decision in coming days" on Walker following the ARLC directive to abandon its policy of sanctioning players only after the courts make judgment.

Full story at: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/al...-greenberg-hospital-pass-20190228-p510yg.html

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I’m talking in a general sense . What would you call his antics since he joined the club and over his career.You don’t have to get convicted of an offence to behave like an idiot.

Whether it’s s crime or not what do you call chasing your Mrs and baby around the front yard in public over a video game.That part of it is not in question. I could not care less if it’s a crime. It’s plain stupid and worthy of the term “clown”

My point is that if you don’t behave badly then you don’t suffer consequences, something that seems to be forgotten these days. It’s called old fashioned “personal responsibility “.

I have been this guys biggest supporter as a player since he got here. He is a star.
Now I’m just sick and tired of the consequences the CLUB has to bear because of HIS actions. No one else. His actions.Whether it’s a criminal offence is irrelevant. Toddy is not suspending him for a crime, he can’t as he’s not been convicted. He’s suspending him (if he does) for being an idiot under his “ disrepute “ clause.

And if anyone thinks Toddy won’t be taking his past into account when he decides that’s just not going to happen. That’s the price he will likely pay for continuing stupid behaviour.And the club and fans pay with himThe cheering from non Manly fans will knock the roof off if he goes. So Toddy has zero to lose and all to gain.

And I reckon Scott Penn is getting mighty sick and tired of writing cheques for a bloke to sit on the sideline.

And I’m not saying the NRL is right to suspend him.My point is that if you continue to put yourself in bad situations over and over again in the current climate with the current NRL CEO then you , and the club, will pay, regardless if it’s right or wrong.

Jesus 700 k a year and they still don’t get it after how many chances. It’s simply amazing.

For what it is worth, I agree that Dylan has been more trouble than he is worth, based on numerous previous on and off field incidents. If the club choose not to retain him for next year I will 100% support that.

However... He is currently before the courts and in the meantime his punishment or suspension should have nothing to do with anything apart from the court verdict.

View attachment 10808
Nope straight from Fox Sports @Sue

Disgraceful. If any of the RL media are still actually independent they would be all over this comment.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18
15 7 7 28 17