Vale Brookvale?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What could save Manly is a private developer to come on board with the Penns
Something similar to what Cronulla have with there development and similar to what a lot a clubs are doing in the English premier league
To have a stadium that also supports office and retail space for lease
But the big challenge is finding the developer and then pressuring the Government to support as well to have a major sporting facility on the north shore
The Penns did unveil similar plans
That's what I think would save Manly from demise on the north shore but doubt it will happen.

Might as well rebrand and get a new logo if we go to ANZ, as we'd lose most of our existing supporter base and have to attract a new one.

Most Manly supporters would travel by car I would have thought. The SFS is not too bad by car from the northern beaches or lower north shore, but ANZ... In peak hour on a Friday... Kill me now.

Homebush is a long way... Just ask Des!!
Thing about SFS is there's no upside. None at all. We lose supporters (we're notorious for not crossing the bridge) and gain nobody. Zero. Zilch. SFS is a public transport disaster to get to. We need a plan B if things go the way they seem to be heading - and SFS ain't it.

I would be interested in seeing the geographic split of Manly supporters across Sydney. Where's the thread where we did it across Silvertails members? If Manly was to move to Homebush please at least don't do it until they redevelop ANZ stadium. SFS is garbage for most supporters to get to unless you live in the East but it is a better stadium viewing wise.

Something similar to what Cronulla have with there development and similar to what a lot a clubs are doing in the English premier league
But the big challenge is finding the developer and then pressuring the Government to support as well to have a major sporting facility on the north shore
That's what I think would save Manly from demise on the north shore but doubt it will happen.
We've posted this inumerable times - Brookvale Park(Brookie is only a part of this gifted land parcel) is in Trust as a Public Space.
Developers do want to build, but the zoning change required is outside of even the Council's control.

Cronulla on the other hand, owned the land that they sold of to a Developer.

Manly Leagues did own their land but sold it to Penn, instead of looking for a partnership with a Developer like the Sharks did. There is a DA in already for two 14 story tower blocks.

Only the billion Stadium Plan can save and maintain Brookie @:cool:

Does anyone know if there's a contingency plan for the first game of the season should neither the council or Penns back down?

Thing about SFS is there's no upside. None at all. We lose supporters (we're notorious for not crossing the bridge) and gain nobody. Zero. Zilch. SFS is a public transport disaster to get to. We need a plan B if things go the way they seem to be heading - and SFS ain't it.

I think we'll have to disagree to disagree on this. I really can't see us gaining any Westy fans by moving to ANZ. They all hate us. We are more likely to gain fans from the East or South, where the hatred (excluding the Shire) is not as strong, and they are all closer to our existing fan base.

Either way, our primary focus should imo be on retaining our existing fans. They are the lifeblood of the club.

Allianz is by no means a public transport disaster. It is a hell of a lot easier and faster to get to than ANZ on a Friday night for those who work in the city (which is a lot of Manly fans), and probably easier to get to from the beaches as well.

Allianz is by no means a public transport disaster. It is a hell of a lot easier and faster to get to than ANZ on a Friday night for those who work in the city (which is a lot of Manly fans), and probably easier to get to from the beaches as well.
Swans fans happily trudge off to the SCG on a regular basis - tens of thousands of them. Organising yourself to get to any venue just takes a little planning.

image.png

Does anyone know if there's a contingency plan for the first game of the season should neither the council or Penns back down?
The Council will vote Tuesday to accept a new proposal for one year licence at an agreed price, if they allow Manly to sell the Stadium Naming rights.

This only works at Ratty not Brookie

At least Allianz has some sort of atmosphere...ANZ is a morgue. For that reason alone, I vote Allianz if we do have to part ways with Brookie. The semi-final against the Dogs in 2014 at Allianz was a great atmosphere in the Eagles nest.
I'd rather go to Blue Tongue........

Might as well rebrand and get a new logo if we go to ANZ, as we'd lose most of our existing supporter base and have to attract a new one.

Most Manly supporters would travel by car I would have thought. The SFS is not too bad by car from the northern beaches or lower north shore, but ANZ... In peak hour on a Friday... Kill me now.

Homebush is a long way... Just ask Des!!
If we had to go to ANZ we could re-brand as the
Manly Muslims....sure to increase our membership tenfold...free flares for all the kiddies....if we're gunna sell out we might as well go the whole nine yards right?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7