Vale Brookvale?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know about that, I was speaking to a muslim mate from Tunisia the other day, whilst we ate bacon, I queried him on this whilst he took a mouthful of Black pudding and he said, it would be foolish to take the religious texts literally, and the idea of not eating bacon, was more about people getting sick from spoiled and diseased food back then, these days we know more about it. Thus he eats pork products and he has adapted his religion to 21st century views.
There is some modern day medical "beliefs"/thoughts with some reasoning (I'm personally looking at giving up pork) that the Old Testament may indeed be right in this area of food consumption that we should still to this day avoid pork.

i'm guessing Yart-tastic and Ironstine are nearing the bottom end of the like scale lol, i was not trying to say "this is how it should be" just that people should look into the negatives of Pork a little more and that it is not just a Muslim, Jewish belief system.(some people think it is a Muslim belief)

Not going to go into the technical detail as i have not read up in great detail to make an educated decision but in general it is not as healthy eating bottom dwelling seafood and pigs compared to other seafood and meats.

Don't worry there has been something funnier in this thread TC, namely over 80 posts yet every one has ignored the original post question suggesting the FC might kill the club. Don't think there's much support for that view at present.

Don't worry there has been something funnier in this thread TC, namely over 80 posts yet every one has ignored the original post question suggesting the FC might kill the club. Don't think there's much support for that view at present.
They should kill off Brookie and stop loving the club to death.

Yart-tastic and Ironstine are not low enough for me on the Silvertails ranking scale, this hopefully will bring it back to a more respectable "Dummy Spit", "Troll" level, i hate being rated in the middle ground.

Last edited:
Too many to respond to individually but you all twisted my words to have a little cry. I hope you feel better.
I follow Hawthorn in the AFL because there was no Sydney team when i started supporting them. I didn't change that when South came up here. That would be disloyal. I don't walk around saying i hate the Swans though. There are plenty of dickheads who want to live around here and bag Manly. That's unacceptable.
What i said was in relation to a poster stating he was a born and bred westie, he never clarified what type of westie. I can only assume that a team had a catchment already in place at the time of his support starting, unless he's over 50 and from the Penrith area.
If he came from the Northern Beaches, I'd expect him to support Manly. If my parents did me the disservice of raising me in Merrylands I'd be a Parra supporter, I have no doubt. That's how you choose your team. I got lucky. If you want to support Manly, move over here. There should be plenty of places to live if we boot all the Souffs and Parra fans back to where they belong.

Not true. The first respondants are all about that. My own post was that we die if we move.
The religious post was in reference to the original post about moving into the 21st century.
This whole thread is a discussion of Matabele's original post.

Not going to go into the technical detail as i have not read up in great detail to make an educated decision but in general it is not as healthy eating bottom dwelling seafood and pigs compared to other seafood and meats.
A lot depends on the environment too. Wild caught is always a better option than farmed with seafood and be wary of imported seafood. Prawns raised in close proximity to a Vietnamese sewer may be cheaper but may not be such a bargain. In general if there are any pollutants in the water bottom feeding fish will be the most affected.

If you want to support Manly, move over here. There should be plenty of places to live if we boot all the Souffs and Parra fans back to where they belong.

For my personal circumstances that wouldn't work. Why would i move to Manly when all my firends and family are close to where i live, or that getting to work is easier where i am and really enjoy my job? Not many ppl move to areas just to support the team they follow if it makes no sense if the other 95% of their personal life is made more difficult. Also My wife doesn't support Manly so should i ask her to move there also because I support Manly?

Just for the record i am 32 and live in the Hoxton Park area and a very Proud Supporter of the MWSE!!

Looks like Brookie is back on the books anyway so looking fwd to watching the team live :)

Not true. The first respondants are all about that. My own post was that we die if we move.

The religious post was in reference to the original post about moving into the 21st century.

This whole thread is a discussion of Matabele's original post.

Sort of. But not. Unless I've misread it, he asked a loaded question which assumes 2 truths. Firstly, that continuing to fight for a future at Brookie will kill the club.
Secondly, that while the FC might continue to fight for a future at Brookie, the owners will not.

If my parents did me the disservice of raising me in Merrylands I'd be a Parra supporter, I have no doubt.
Easy to say now Duff...or is it Habib? Lol
I was raised in the Penrith catchment area. Had to play in those damn chocolate soldier jerseys for the first two years. Most kids in my area went for Parra, except me and a bloke that saved me from many beat downs in my Manly Jersey...MG....he was a massive fan as a kid. He'd always say anyone give you **** about the eagles let me know. Now this was when we we're ten or eleven. He was playing five-eight/wing...nothing of him! The inner pitbull was always there though! Lol
Bit distracted there Duff....not only the colours, winning percentages, come into as a kid. But for me, it was the beach. My parents (bless em) would do that god awful return trip from the west to Manly beach. That definitely made an impression. They did the same to Cronulla as well. But I was hooked on the northern beaches, the colours, and Brookvale Oval.

Last edited:
Too many to respond to individually but you all twisted my words to have a little cry. I hope you feel better.
I follow Hawthorn in the AFL because there was no Sydney team when i started supporting them. I didn't change that when South came up here. That would be disloyal. I don't walk around saying i hate the Swans though. There are plenty of dickheads who want to live around here and bag Manly. That's unacceptable.
What i said was in relation to a poster stating he was a born and bred westie, he never clarified what type of westie. I can only assume that a team had a catchment already in place at the time of his support starting, unless he's over 50 and from the Penrith area.
If he came from the Northern Beaches, I'd expect him to support Manly. If my parents did me the disservice of raising me in Merrylands I'd be a Parra supporter, I have no doubt. That's how you choose your team. I got lucky. If you want to support Manly, move over here. There should be plenty of places to live if we boot all the Souffs and Parra fans back to where they belong.
So you believe your whole life comes down to fate rather than informed choice?
I choose to believe the opposite.

so reading this thread there are about half the Manly fans from out of the area seem to think fan numbers wont drop.

History shows us that we get 10K + at Brookie and are lucky to scrape up more than 1K anywhere else. The Manly don't travel line exists for a reason. Because we won't get 10K plus anywhere else but Brooky.

Add to that unless we get back to 15K+ average crowds there is no need for a 50K stadium that will have less than 5000 Manly fans in it.

so reading this thread there are about half the Manly fans from out of the area seem to think fan numbers wont drop.

History shows us that we get 10K + at Brookie and are lucky to scrape up more than 1K anywhere else. The Manly don't travel line exists for a reason. Because we won't get 10K plus anywhere else but Brooky.

Add to that unless we get back to 15K+ average crowds there is no need for a 50K stadium that will have less than 5000 Manly fans in it.
And Gosford. We average over 10K at Central Coast Stadium.

I think the crowd figures would stay roughly the same for those games against other Sydney teams. What we lose in Manly fans we would gain in opposition fans. For this reason alone we must stay at Brookie. It would be like an away game every week.
I only disagreed with Duff's comment that anyone who supports Manly, should move to the northern beaches.

Last edited:
Agree bones, crowds wont improve but the demographic will change to a majority of opposition fans against Sydney teams. This means less members $$$

So we lose home ground advantage and as such lose a few more games that we would have won on the back of that.

Now we are less successful on the field we will lose fans who want a winning team = less members again $$$

So the increase in corporate will be offset significantly by reduction in members $ coming in and a more than likely poorer performing team.

Can't see that as a good outcome, just the beginning of the end

Would our crowds drop moving to ANZ? Really? There'd be a dropoff in Northern Beaches Manly fans and a pickup in Manly fans from other suburbs. So yes, overall an expected drop in Manly fans - at least in the short term.

But total crowds for home games would jump. Significantly. Most opposition fans would find it like a home game. We lose fortress intimidation factor, but on the other hand we gain the benefit of playing most finals - the games that most matter - on our home turf.

And the Penns will naturally have an eye on the total gate plus the significant extra potential revenue from corporate boxes, etc.

And we won't get these benefits in the other non-Brookie venues - SFS (Roosters aside), Gosford or (gulp) Perth.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4