Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ryan has hit the nail on the head. Cleary has turned a rabble into contenders with a few astute buys and transforming the defence, after losing 3 big names from the squad. Barrett although he did ok last year, has not improved our side at all. He has made some really dumb decisions like letting Blake green go before we had a replacement signed messed about with 5/8 position for 2 out of three years. Barrett is probably not a first grade standard. I say that as a different person to the guy who hated him for replacing Toovey, back then I hated him for being Trent Barrett. now I am baseing it on his teams performances, only for Parra and raiders being putrid we would be looking really bad right now.

It wasn’t Barret’s decision to “let Green go” we didn’t have the $$offerred by the Warriors and he made it clear if we blocked him going to NZ that he would not perform for us

Kevinward777

First Grader
If Barrett says ANYTHING about being 12-12 in the second half, he's lost me as a supporter. ONE THING !
Trent Barrett just said in presser “we had no ball in the first half and were really gassed. But we never gave up, I thought it was a good effort by the boys to almost win the second half. Lachlan Croker in particular stood up in that second half, he’s a tough little bugger”

ando

Reserve Grader
Why wasn’t uate hooked from the field? We had an able replacement on the bench. Especially straight after the half time spray and uate knocks on with first touch. TB is not a coach that makes tough decisions. Uate has been poor this year and today’s effort was embarrassing from him

Ryan

Journey Man
Trent Barrett just said in presser “we had no ball in the first half and were really gassed. But we never gave up, I thought it was a good effort by the boys to almost win the second half. Lachlan Croker in particular stood up in that second half, he’s a tough little bugger”

NoOOoOOooooooo!!! Honestly, I wanted to dislike that post, but didn't want you thinking I related it to you. FFS Trent, show some pride. The Tigers clocked off.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
It wasn’t Barret’s decision to “let Green go” we didn’t have the $$offerred by the Warriors and he made it clear if we blocked him going to NZ that he would not perform for us

That is crap we had the money he chose Thompson not signing him we could have easily extended Green which is all he wanted.
Keep telling yourself that we try to sign Moylan and Pearce and have no money for an extension. Yeah right.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
If you listened to Baz’s presser you’d realise that he is passionate and everything he said had merit.
It’s the majority of the 17 peanuts on the field that didn’t have a dig when the going got tough.
14-0 to be losing at half time would’ve been admirable for the half that it was. But they went to sleep and let another 2 in.

Kevinward777

First Grader
If you listened to Baz’s presser you’d realise that he is passionate and everything he said had merit.
It’s the majority of the 17 peanuts on the field that didn’t have a dig when the going got tough.
14-0 to be losing at half time would’ve been admirable for the half that it was. But they went to sleep and let another 2 in.
I think it’s safe to say that he’ll be playing for Blacktown next week.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I said in the game day thread that I think Gould sold Bozo a dummy with Barrett. Let me explain.....

2013 - Penrith Panthers win the U/20's comp
2014 - Penrith Panthers U/20's finished 9th
2015 - Penrith Panthers win the U/20's comp
2016 - Penrith Panthers were U/20's Grand Finalists.

The year they finished 9th was the year they were coached by Trent Barrett.

When the Panthers U/20s missed the finals, Gould got Barrett out of there and put him as Ivan Cleary's assistant in first grade for 2015, somewhere he wouldn't be in charge of major decisions. By that time it was known that Tooves was on borrowed time at Manly and that's when Gould contacted Bozo and started selling him on Barrett as this wonderful coach. And as they were mates Bozo had no reason to believe that Gus was leading him up the garden path.

Manly have literally gone backwards with Barrett as coach. His record as of the end of today's game stands at 56 games, 24 wins, 32 losses. That's a winning percentage of just 42.8%

Last edited:

The Royal Soup

First Grader
What an absolute pile of **** press conf from Barrett

Basically all he said was we need to be better.... well no ****!!!!

DCE said he had lovers tiff with Hastings before Barrett cut him off

Crap coach and a load of crap really

He should have ripped the team hard and the players but instead he’s all buddy buddy

Sack Barrett ASAP!!!

eagleron

Bencher
Never do that they are cowards who white anted the champ. Never forget they released stories and embarrassed him when he appeared on nrl360. They are getting karma now sadly we have to pay the price for them ****ting on a legend.
Tooves sacking had more to do with being offside with the Penn's rather than his coaching ability, unfortunately while ever the Penn's are running the show we've got no chance of seeing Tooves back at Manly.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Tooves sacking had more to do with being offside with the Penn's rather than his coaching ability, unfortunately while ever the Penn's are running the show we've got no chance of seeing Tooves back at Manly.

This.

Tooves was collateral damage for being seen as on the Quantum side of the owners group. His winning percentage as Manly's coach, which included taking us to a Grand Final we got screwed out of winning, was 58% compared to Barrett's 42.8%

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14