Two Bulldogs players stood down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
However, unless I'm mistaken it was/is not unlawful to have sex with someone aged 16 or older.
Not if the person is considered to be under the special care of the offender.
(Not sure if this specific item existed in 1980)

tookey

First Grader
Wow didn’t see that one mate.
Wonder if that charged was laid in case the murder charge doesn’t stick
Exactly This is a backup plan in case he isn't charged with his wife's murder

It was common knowledge in the 1980's that he and other teachers were drinking and banging schoolgirls they were teaching

Him and his brother were rugby league players who thought that the time they could get away with anything Much like some these days

It will be good to see kama come back and serve justice to some of these blokes

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
The clubs rules are the clubs rules. He might not have done anything thats deemed terrible, but the two players were on a business trip representing their club. If I was in a public area wearing the company brand on my shirt, my behaviour does matter. The Bulldogs club needs to act on this to send a message to other players.

Who know's, Okunbor and CHN may of met their future wives on this trip away.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't go. This site has lost a lot of great people in the last couple of years. Maybe you could just mute the twits.

Yes , the ignore button. I messaged Snake and suggested that.

It’s a pity that petty grievances has caused a lot to leave, and even some just watching on to do the same.

But social media is just as bad ( if not a lot worse ).

Last edited:

StuBoot

Bencher
Him and his brother were rugby league players who thought that the time they could get away with anything Much like some these days

Well it is alleged that he murdered his wife so maybe he did think he could get away with anything and might well just.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A version of it existed, covering teachers with girls up to age 17 - max penalty 14 years jail

47MVEagle

Bencher
Looks like Greenburg (like a lot of other people) has missed the point about what was wrong with the incident. I would even argue that this statement in itself could be disrespectful to women - that having sex as a young women somehow devalues you.

Yeah, Greenburg's using it to continue his grandstanding about respect for women which I agree isn't particularly relevant here.

From the sound of things both parties were willing & it was consensual BUT what really stinks is that they took advantage of starstruck schoolgirls they gained access to while representing their company/team on official business.

Sure the girls were up for it but lack of judgement & reasoning at such an age is pretty much why laws such as the age of consent exist.

It's pretty sleazy & morally reprehensible but doesnt appear to have been illegal.

Okunbor comes out looking the worst, given his text conversation with the girl proves he knew she was from the school they were at that day yet he continued to not only converse with her but also initiated requests for nudes.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Exactly This is a backup plan in case he isn't charged with his wife's murder

It was common knowledge in the 1980's that he and other teachers were drinking and banging schoolgirls they were teaching

It will be good to see kama come back and serve justice to some of these blokes
tbh mate I still find it hard to come to terms with. Both of them were my teachers in year 8 on the gold coast, Chris' 3rd wife was my science teacher in year 12 and me my mates used to go out on the drink with his daughter in year 12. They both seemed like good blokes.

tookey

First Grader

Also law in the 1980's and plenty have including one teacher from Cromer

tookey

First Grader
tbh mate I still find it hard to come to terms with. Both of them were my teachers in year 8 on the gold coast, Chris' 3rd wife was my science teacher in year 12 and me my mates used to go out on the drink with his daughter in year 12. They both seemed like good blokes.
I know teachers who used to work with them and they were predators who had local cops turn a blind eye to their deeds because they were first grade footballers

Paul was the nasty one

Maybe they changed when they went to the coast?

47MVEagle

Bencher
Article now states the girl Okunbor was with was 16.

Canterbury star Jayden Okunbor asked a 16-year-old schoolgirl to send him nude photographs as the sex scandal engulfing the Bulldogs gets messier.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18