Two Bulldogs players stood down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
And now that public standards have changed some of the blokes are being charged with offences against the young girls Chris Dawson to name just one
Incorrect Chris Dawson has been charged for allegedly murdering his wife who went missing. Not for banging a student

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Really, with older footballers that they just met?

I guess I brought up my daughters a bit differently.

The answer is .... yes they did ... and still do .....

Or .... are you suggesting that the Doggies players were just extremely lucky to bump into the only two 17 yo schoolgirls in Australia that like a root .... talk about chances ....

... and the fact that you, and many others have raised well balanced young ladies .... doesn't preclude the existance of many others with more liberal behavour .....

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I'll save you the hassle and give myself a personal and permanent send off. I don't wanna discuss football with people of little moral fibre. RL is up **** creek with the morons that play it now and I have had all I can stand and coming on here to see people defending those creeps is a bridge too far for me.

I'll leave you with this video that clearly depicts the intellectual capacity of the idiots that play the game in 2020:
Don't go. This site has lost a lot of great people in the last couple of years. Maybe you could just mute the twits.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The answer is .... yes they did ... and still do .....

Or .... are you suggesting that the Doggies players were just extremely lucky to bump into the only two 17 yo schoolgirls in Australia that like a root .... talk about chances ....

... and the fact that you, and many others have raised well balanced young ladies .... doesn't preclude the existance of many others with more liberal behavour .....

Or well oiled window locks.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
That is missing the point...it's the circumstances around how it came to happen that have left a sour taste in people's mouths.

Have already stated in a previous post that exact point .... Incredible lack of judgement .... and a black eye for decency ..... however the post you copied was a response to somebody saying these girls were somehow trollops or poorly raised ....... I simply wished to state that 17 yo schoolgirls having sex is not a new phenomina .....

The Who

Journey Man
I think it's time to end this discussion and concentrate on what we are here for, the football.
I thought the Dogs would provide stiff (no pun intended) opposition to Doesn'tmatta tonight but following the calamity of the past few days I think it will now be one-way traffic.

tookey

First Grader
Incorrect Chris Dawson has been charged for allegedly murdering his wife who went missing. Not for banging a student
Cam he has recently also been charged with having sex with a 16 year old girl in 1980

It's a cold case that's gripped the nation, now, accused wife killer Chris Dawson is facing a fresh charge. The former teacher at Cromer High School on the Northern Beaches allegedly had sex with a 16-year-old girl in 1980. The charge laid just minutes after he faced court over the alleged murder of his wife, Lynette.

I know of previous teachers from Cromer and Forest high in the 1980's have been recently interviewed by NSW detectives

More charges could be brewing as the cops know they may not get him for the murder of his wife but will try and get him on having sex with school children under his care

Last edited:

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Cam he has recently also been charged with having sex with a 16 year old girl in 1980

It's a cold case that's gripped the nation, now, accused wife killer Chris Dawson is facing a fresh charge. The former teacher at Cromer High School on the Northern Beaches allegedly had sex with a 16-year-old girl in 1980. The charge laid just minutes after he faced court over the alleged murder of his wife, Lynette.

I know of previous teachers from Cromer and Forest high in the 1980's have been recently interviewed by NSW detectives

More charges could be brewing as the cops know they may not get him for the murder of his wife but will try and get him on having sex with school children under his care
Wow didn’t see that one mate.
Wonder if that charged was laid in case the murder charge doesn’t stick

yokahontas

Bencher
I agree wholeheartedly that it is a very stupid thing to have done. They are both idiots.... More facts have came out saying that they did not meet at school or exchange phone numbers etc at school. SHE infact chased him down on Instagram after school and basically told him she wanted to shag him. He stupidy obliged. Im not saying its right but its kind of no different to a tinder date or any other girl that stalks a footy player online. Yes he should know better, they are educated on this exact situation but he is young and the girl basically served it up on a plate for him. If I were this girls father id be giving her a lesson on not whoring yourself out to strangers just because they're famous... why is this girl made out to be the innocent one here? She is of legal age and she infact chased after him and again it was all outside of the "official school duties"
I said it before its basically getting to a point where NRL players won't be able to have a one night stand anymore in fear of what might come from it

It’s the very fact that - as you rightly pointed out - they ARE educated on this stuff that has got them into strife. It’s not just the interacting with the kids on school visits (and I’d bet they get reminders before every single one - the clubs would have to be aware that there are at least a few immature, lecherous twits in every squad who need reminding before any public outing not to drool over the attractive punters, not to say inappropriate stuff, not to draw dicks on someone’s poster when you’re autographing it), they’d also be getting the talk just like kids on a school camp - “you’re representing the club and NRL, protect yourselves and don’t do dumb stuff online or in the public view, yada yada yada...”

If you can’t put all that together, plus learn from all your peers who’ve landed themselves in court, suspended, making a public apology etc for whatever dumb thing they’ve done...you really are a total meat head. You’d only need half a brain to figure out taking a schoolgirl up on the offer of a shag after she freely admits to fangirling all over you at school is going to lead to trouble.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Okunbor is ordinary and highly expendable, the other guy however is a gun so will be most interesting to see the penalties.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Okunbor is ordinary and highly expendable, the other guy however is a gun so will be most interesting to see the penalties.

The Bulldogs are set to only sack one of the two players who had sex with young women on the NSW north coast last month.

Both Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor’s futures hang in the balance, as the NRL and Bulldogs investigate allegations they brought two 17-year-olds back to a hotel.

The duo have already been provisionally stood down by the NRL and club, and will not train or play with the team until the investigation is complete after being handed a breach notice.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting Harawira-Naera, 24, could survive at the Dogs, but the club is set to sack Okunbor, 23, because screenshots of a conversation between him and a girl published in the Sydney Morning Herald show she was a student from a school he visited that day in Port Macquarie on a club visit.

They also show the Bulldogs winger asking her what she was doing that night, before she responded “you”.

One girl reportedly bragged about going to the hotel on Instagram. “Gets invited to go back to bulldogs hotel room, fine if I must,” she wrote, per the Daily Mail.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg has warned the league is ready to send a message in the form of a severe punishment if allegations from the Canterbury schoolgirl scandal are proven.

An angry Greenberg said the incident was “completely unacceptable” and would “not be tolerated”.

“Part of being a first grade player is being a role model,” Greenberg said on Wednesday night.

“Respect for women is a fundamental aspect of our training courses from rookies to elite players.

“That’s why we took immediate action in provisionally suspending both players allegedly involved in the matters under investigation.

“Rest assured, if these breaches are sustained the players will face significant sanctions which will both meet community expectation, and send a message to every single player in our game.”

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
“Respect for women is a fundamental aspect of our training courses from rookies to elite players.

“That’s why we took immediate action in provisionally suspending both players allegedly involved in the matters under investigation.

“Rest assured, if these breaches are sustained the players will face significant sanctions which will both meet community expectation, and send a message to every single player in our game.”
Looks like Greenburg (like a lot of other people) has missed the point about what was wrong with the incident. I would even argue that this statement in itself could be disrespectful to women - that having sex as a young women somehow devalues you.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Looks like Greenburg (like a lot of other people) has missed the point about what was wrong with the incident. I would even argue that this statement in itself could be disrespectful to women - that having sex as a young women somehow devalues you.
There is an anomaly in our legal system, namely they are not women, they are children until they turn 18. Yet children aged 16 at law have the capacity to consent to sex.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
This is a tough social issue. Gotta say this incident does not sit well with me. For a change the NRL need to send a consistent message to the NRL playing group. Until there is a tough consistence (regardless who you play for) approach some players will never learn.
One of Greenturds biggest failings has been to pin the blame on individuals rather than trying to fix the culture that so many of these guys exist in or to even accept the extent to which it exists.
These are 20 something guys, many from rough starts to life who have never had this sort of attention or cash before. Even if they think there is something wrong with their actions I would guarantee none of them would be considering the consequences should they be caught. I still remember what it was like to be 20 and threatening players just won't work. There needs to be real change an education and the current (swollen) head of the NRL is so far out of his depth that it has gone beyond a joke.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Legality v morality is always at play. Legality has got it wrong many times over history.
I wouldnt be happy if a 24 yo school teacher was leagally allowed to root the kids in the same way i think the doggies lived up to there reputation and mascot
Like others on here, its how it happened that triggers the issue.

At the end of the day the punters need for bull**** more than greenberg is the problem. If people keep clicking to find out what player A did after 6 beers we will get plenty of more

We are the problem because we dont look away. Its ****ty but to be honest concerns none of us

Congrats to the bulldogs though so far

It’s the very fact that - as you rightly pointed out - they ARE educated on this stuff that has got them into strife. It’s not just the interacting with the kids on school visits (and I’d bet they get reminders before every single one - the clubs would have to be aware that there are at least a few immature, lecherous twits in every squad who need reminding before any public outing not to drool over the attractive punters, not to say inappropriate stuff, not to draw dicks on someone’s poster when you’re autographing it), they’d also be getting the talk just like kids on a school camp - “you’re representing the club and NRL, protect yourselves and don’t do dumb stuff online or in the public view, yada yada yada...”

If you can’t put all that together, plus learn from all your peers who’ve landed themselves in court, suspended, making a public apology etc for whatever dumb thing they’ve done...you really are a total meat head. You’d only need half a brain to figure out taking a schoolgirl up on the offer of a shag after she freely admits to fangirling all over you at school is going to lead to trouble.

A BIG part of it for me is that CHN posted that Tik Tok video the day before the school visits started. The school kids knew they were coming and it appears he was laying a platform for a hunting expedition. Maybe this type of hunting is not uncommon ...or maybe just uncanny timing, but I doubt it.

The Who

Journey Man
Wow didn’t see that one mate.
Wonder if that charged was laid in case the murder charge doesn’t stick
I would say that is most certainly the case.
I can't see how he can rightfully be convicted of murder. There is too much supposition and not enough facts, imo.
However, unless I'm mistaken it was/is not unlawful to have sex with someone aged 16 or older.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Legality v morality is always at play. Legality has got it wrong many times over history.
I wouldnt be happy if a 24 yo school teacher was leagally allowed to root the kids in the same way i think the doggies lived up to there reputation and mascot
Like others on here, its how it happened that triggers the issue.

At the end of the day the punters need for bull**** more than greenberg is the problem. If people keep clicking to find out what player A did after 6 beers we will get plenty of more

We are the problem because we dont look away. Its ****ty but to be honest concerns none of us

Congrats to the bulldogs though so far
I think this is a pretty good example of the club and the NRL needing to be accountable to the staff, parents and students of the school involved. Even if this hadn't got out to the public the players needed to be reprimanded. I'd be livid if I were a parent of the school and found at that this had gone on and then nothing happened as a result.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18