Two Bulldogs players stood down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

StuBoot

Bencher
I really can't see that it matters where or how they met the girls.
It seems to me that the only 'rule' they may have broken is that the club had told the players they weren't allowed to bring anybody (male or female) back to their hotel rooms.

Sorry mate, disagree.
They were visiting a school so they should have to sign in and with that comes responsibility whether you read the T & C's or not, most schools these days want WWC checks etc. to cover their back.
The fact that they were over the age of consent is their one saving grace but technically in the eyes of most - Dept of Ed especially - they are children.

Anybody that has worked/volunteered at schools knows that you do what you're there for and don't engage more than that so any innocent conversation, interaction can't be misconstrued in some way.

If they met or interacted at the school then serious questions need to be asked of the School and Bulldogs staff, who wasn't paying enough attention that they could potentially organise to meet after school?
Who slipped who a phone number?

Who knows, the girls may have been the instigators and "may" shall we say, be promiscuous and look like Britney Spears in that video but surely even the dumbest footy player shouldn't follow up?
Are they that desperate for a root that they've put their playing future's and reputation on the line?
If it was one player that happened to get lucky, he's stupid enough but two of them, really?

We most likely wouldn't be having this discussion if they weren't "School girls they had met at the school" but chances are they wouldn't have happened to meet them working in Macca's and said what are you doing after your shift?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I am all for the bulldogs taking this hard stance on breaking club protocol. Just makes the treatment of siva and Scott, both of whom have been charged and are free to play. Double standards at their best

They have been stood down by their club ..... I assume for breaking club protocol .... not the NRL ..
so for mine it is not so much a case of double standards ... but more that Bulldogs have a higher standard and expectation of their players than Parra or Canberra ....

btw ... I agree with those comments about no laws being broken ... and had they met these girls socially, dressed up to the nines .... no one would care ... but meeting them at a school visit and going on with it shows a very distinct lack of judgement and discipline on the part of two blokes ... they deserve to be censured and diciplined by their clubs for dumb ...

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Claytons interview

This is probably not in the same....arena but these guys will have to 'show cause' about their playing futures....

Yet the broncos can go out on the turps (or late playing pokies, can't remember) the night before a final, get trounced and then.... ~crickets~

Snake

Snake's Alive!
There is 2 most common ways to meet a chick. "In an official capacity" or "out on the drink"
As an NRL player you meet in an official capacity, you're doomed. You meet a chick on the drink and you have a Hayne/Debellin case.
The way we're heading you'll have to swear to be a virgin if you wish to play NRL
Yes they were at a school in an official capacity BUT we dont know that they picked the girls up from the school itself. All it says is that they took 2 "school age" girls back to their hotel. They may have met at the local shops or at the beach???
We've heard so many bull**** stories from the media that im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt
They broke the 'decent human being' rule. Plus, we do know they were there in an official capacity so not sure how that is bull**** and not sure how you think we 'we don't know" because the dogs confirmed they were there in an official capacity.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I; my opinion of you is that you are a ****ing creep for defending these clowns

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
forget sponsors pulling out ...... I wonder if we will hear of any school principals with upcoming NRL school visits cancelling next week .... Toddy will have a coniption fit .....

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
They have been stood down by their club ..... I assume for breaking club protocol .... not the NRL ..
so for mine it is not so much a case of double standards ... but more that Bulldogs have a higher standard and expectation of their players than Parra or Canberra ....
Pretty sure I read that the nrl had supported the bulldogs and banned them from being selected to play

The nrl have ‘provisionally stood them down’ whatever that means - again the nrl making it up as they go

Last edited:
They broke the 'decent human being' rule. Plus, we do know they were there in an official capacity so not sure how that is bull**** and not sure how you think we 'we don't know" because the dogs confirmed they were there in an official capacity.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I; my opinion of you is that you are a ****ing creep for defending these clowns
I said we dont know they actually picked the girls up from the school. But I guess you do cos you were there???
And since we are saying what we think of eachother I think you are a self absorbed know it all that belittles anyone that has a difference of opinion to yourself. Just because you get some inside info does not mean you are any better than anyone else, it does not mean your opinion is fact, it does not mean you are always right and the fact that you stoop as low to call me a creep proves to me that you are in fact the clown... just my opinion ;)

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I said we dont know they actually picked the girls up from the school. But I guess you do cos you were there???
And since we are saying what we think of eachother I think you are a self absorbed know it all that belittles anyone that has a difference of opinion to yourself. Just because you get some inside info does not mean you are any better than anyone else, it does not mean your opinion is fact, it does not mean you are always right and the fact that you stoop as low to call me a creep proves to me that you are in fact the clown... just my opinion ;)
That's cool man
You seem like a massive tool anyway so I'd expect your opinion to be contrary to mine most of the time.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Did I miss the article where it was clear what happened? Seems to be a hell of conjecture when no one knows what happened?
Yeah you must have.

Says they met the girls at a school before catching up later that night. Says they were there representing the club. Says they were 17. Says they did more than just chat. How is there conjecture?

You just have to read more than one article.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18