Two Bulldogs players stood down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bulldogs duo stood down over teen sex scandal
By Adrian Proszenko and Michael Chammas
March 10, 2020 — 4.25pm
Canterbury stars Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera have been suspended indefinitely for having consensual sex with high school girls during the club’s trip to Port Macquarie.
The players are not the subject of a criminal investigation given the girls were not under the age of consent, which is 16 years of age in NSW. No complaints were lodged to police, the club or to the NRL.
Bulldogs duo stood down after meeting pair on school trip visit

Two Bulldogs players have been stood down over taking two high school girls back to their hotel.
However, the Bulldogs have issued breach notices after the players broke the club’s code of conduct and they won’t be considered for selection for Thursday night's NRL season opener against Parramatta. Okunbor and Harawira-Naera have been given seven days to respond to the breach notice.
The incident occurred in the lead-up to the club’s final trial against Canberra in Port Macquarie. The Herald was told the players met the girls during one of the club's school visits in the lead-up to the game. The parents of the girls involved are aware of the incident.

The incident was brought to the attention of Canterbury management on the Friday night before the trial, prompting a club investigation that included interviews with the players.
Okunbor and Harawira-Naera, who were in Port Macquarie with their teammates for five days as part of the trip, took part in the Bulldogs’ 12-10 loss to the Raiders at Port Macquarie Regional Stadium.
Jayden Okunbor played 23 games for the Bulldogs last season.

Jayden Okunbor played 23 games for the Bulldogs last season.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

The Bulldogs, who informed the NRL’s integrity unit of the matter, have opted to sideline the pair despite the fact no laws were broken.
“Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor have been stood down by the Bulldogs after each was issued a show-cause notice by the NRL as to why they shouldn’t face further disciplinary action for alleged breaches of the game’s code of conduct,” Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said.

“Both players have been provisionally suspended by the NRL and neither player is available for selection for Thursday night’s NRL season opener against Parramatta.
“The Bulldogs referred the matter to the NRL Integrity Unit after receiving concerning reports of alleged misconduct by the two players. The club also initiated its own internal review.
Corey Harawira-Naera.

Corey Harawira-Naera.CREDIT:AAP
“While neither player is the subject of a criminal investigation, the club is treating the matter very seriously. The allegations are that each player engaged in behaviour that represents a serious breach of the NRL rules and the Bulldogs’ code of conduct, resulting in the NRL notice.
“The club supports the NRL’s decision to issue the breach notices and will continue to work with the NRL to conclude the process. Both players have an opportunity to respond to the matters alleged in the breach notice before any final decision is made.”

Mitch

Bencher
I wonder how you'd feel if you had a daughter and a Rugby League team pay her school an official visit and you find out later that she met up with two of the players at their hotel room later that night?

It's not a good look for the club or the NRL. They are there to promote the game, not pick up chicks. Also, legal age of consent is 16 so we don't know if they were over 18 or not. It is not a good look either way.

There is no evidence to say anything happened outside of a conversation but it's still not a good look.

Bulldog Ritchie mentioned this morning on radio that the girls were both 17 years old and it was consensual, but I’m with you, it’s a horrendous look for a team to be participating in a school visit and end up having two school girls end up in their room.

Bulldog Ritchie mentioned this morning on radio that the girls were both 17 years old and it was consensual, but I’m with you, it’s a horrendous look for a team to be participating in a school visit and end up having two school girls end up in their room.
I agree its not a good look but its not illegal. They have broken a club rule, nothing more. Both the boys are only a few years older than the girls so play on in my eyes. People say imagine that was your daughter??? Well I've got news for ya, alot of girls at that age would be banging guys they dont know. Its a total beat up! How many on here were having one night stands at age 17? Heaps id imagine! Agreed its not a good look but there should NOT be a huge penalty for this "breaking of a club rule"

StuBoot

Bencher
I agree its not a good look but its not illegal. They have broken a club rule, nothing more. Both the boys are only a few years older than the girls so play on in my eyes. People say imagine that was your daughter??? Well I've got news for ya, alot of girls at that age would be banging guys they dont know. Its a total beat up! How many on here were having one night stands at age 17? Heaps id imagine! Agreed its not a good look but there should NOT be a huge penalty for this "breaking of a club rule"
So if it was a 20yo student teacher or the like, that would be okay with you?

They were there as invited guests of the school/education dept so in my eyes the line has been crossed.
If they met outside of any “official” capacity then maybe fair enough.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
CHN is 24 almost 25, that's a massive age gap when you are talking a 17yr schooldkid.

Not illegal sure, but more than a little distasteful. This isn't your average relationship - where is the balance of power between a country school kid and a famous NRL player ?? Just mind blowingly stupid from both these players.

The Who

Journey Man
They were there as invited guests of the school/education dept so in my eyes the line has been crossed.
I really can't see that it matters where or how they met the girls.
It seems to me that the only 'rule' they may have broken is that the club had told the players they weren't allowed to bring anybody (male or female) back to their hotel rooms.

CHN is 24 almost 25, that's a massive age gap when you are talking a 17yr schooldkid.

Not illegal sure, but more than a little distasteful. This isn't your average relationship - where is the balance of power between a country school kid and a famous NRL player ?? Just mind blowingly stupid from both these players.
Agree its stupid 100% my argument is that its not illegal. They have simply broken a club rule so shouldn't have the book thrown at them

So if it was a 20yo student teacher or the like, that would be okay with you?

There is 2 most common ways to meet a chick. "In an official capacity" or "out on the drink"
As an NRL player you meet in an official capacity, you're doomed. You meet a chick on the drink and you have a Hayne/Debellin case.
The way we're heading you'll have to swear to be a virgin if you wish to play NRL

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Well played by the dogs - i think they've made the right call.

Suggesting that they are 'young' and so its fair game feels completely ridiculous to me. What if it had been a 30 year old player? Or a coach? Where are you drawing the line?

The team is visiting a SCHOOL in an OFFICIAL capacity. They have used their professional standing to then ALLEGEDLY hook up with two girls.

What they have done is jeopardised the NRL program of attending and supporting high schools for every team in the country. How many parents will be happy to know an NRL team has visited their kids at school now if this goes unpunished?

It is so DUMB of them i can't even START to break it down. Absolute idiots. Good call by the dogs.

On another notw - I tipped the dogs for the spoon.... so i am off to a strong start hahaha

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
There is 2 most common ways to meet a chick. "In an official capacity" or "out on the drink"
As an NRL player you meet in an official capacity, you're doomed. You meet a chick on the drink and you have a Hayne/Debellin case.
The way we're heading you'll have to swear to be a virgin if you wish to play NRL
School kids are and have always been off limits to people at a school in an official capacity. Sugar coat it how you like it and make other arrangements but it does not change the fact that that if you are at a school in an offical role than the school kids are off limits.

manlyfan76

Its not black and white.

Sex with a carer or supervisor
It is a crime for a person who is caring for you, supervising you or has authority over to have sex with you while you are between the ages of 16 to 18.

There is an exception to this. If you are aged 14-18 years old, there may be a legal defence that applies. According to this defence, if you are aged 14-18 years old, and the person in a position of care or authority over you is less than two years older than you, you can legally agree to have sex with them.

Some examples of people who are in a position of care or supervision over you would include your teacher, sports coach, youth worker, counsellor, foster carer, religious instructor, health professional, or police officer.

School kids are and have always been off limits to people at a school in an official capacity. Sugar coat it how you like it and make other arrangements but it does not change the fact that that if you are at a school in an offical role than the school kids are off limits.
Yes they were at a school in an official capacity BUT we dont know that they picked the girls up from the school itself. All it says is that they took 2 "school age" girls back to their hotel. They may have met at the local shops or at the beach???
We've heard so many bull**** stories from the media that im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

manlyfan76

Yes they were at a school in an official capacity BUT we dont know that they picked the girls up from the school itself. All it says is that they took 2 "school age" girls back to their hotel. They may have met at the local shops or at the beach???
We've heard so many bull**** stories from the media that im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt
See my previous post, they may have broken the law if they met the girls at school in an official capacity, just because they went elsewhere is no defense.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Essentially they become predators. They're in a position of power, girls are starry eyed. Cannot be condoned.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18