Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you seriously using Luai as an example? A 5/8 who has been in the last 3 Grand Finals, and a SOO half? And you don't want him because he runs his mouth? That is the exact kind of crap I was referring to in my previous post. I'd have Jerome in a Manly jersey in a heartbeat. So would every supporter of every other team in the comp. Even the Roosters, Brandon Smith says hi. No other team was stupid enough to do the rainbow thingamajig, not even the Tigers. Do you really believe the players declined to participate because they were scared of a few pretty colours? C'mon man.

Manly needs our Western Pathways program.

Haumole, Saab, Koula, Samuela, Schuster, Latu, Paseka, GCKT, are all required on the field for us to be successful. Parker and Liam Fulton are at the very bottom of any top 30 in the NRL.
Holy **** you are serious

Yup they have some talent. Do you know who else has talent? All other talented players that have had talent.

Im not sure I want to get into a debate with you about Luai but he's a pretender

Holy **** you are serious

Yup they have some talent. Do you know who else has talent? All other talented players that have had talent.

Im not sure I want to get into a debate with you about Luai but he's a pretender
A pretender with two premierships and a SOO jersey. I wonder if any other clubs would try and sign the pretender if he becomes available in November? My guess is plenty.

Hynes played a year or 2 in our junior teams after we got him from the Central Coast.
Yeah central coast is underutilised. No doubt we need to pull talent from elsewhere but I think establishing the blacktown pathway was a very cynical move w.r.t local players.

A pretender with two premierships and a SOO jersey. I wonder if any other clubs would try and sign the pretender if he becomes available in November? My guess is plenty.
The tigers would. I'd win x2 premierships if I was their 5/8 in that 2020-21 team.

Anyways im stopping myself there because I should be studying :0

Last year the media kept on talking about how The Dolphins hadn't signed a marquee player for their debut season in 2023.
Yet, every time the media reported the players that The Dolphins had signed, I exclaimed to myself,
" Wow, they are a great player!!"
The crafty, old bugger, Bennett, has put together a great team and they have proved it out on the field this year.
They are my 3rd favourite team.
I don't know what it feels like to have another favourite team.

And Scott Penn is still in charge and another rabble season, under his ownership, is now starting to unfold.

Just an opinion mate. Except for the fact that the Greater West is most certainly the biggest junior nursery in rugby league. That bit is rolled gold.

Yep, it sure is. No arguments there.

Unfortunately, our rolled gold relationship with Blacktown only gives us the pick of the Panthers rejects.

Let’s not forget , they had zero legacy players , Bennett was able to recruit some hard nuts , without much thought for the salary cap.

It’s not surprising their top 17 are pretty good , it’s when they get injuries that they fall over a bit.
As opposed to us who fall over like a scared goat as soon as Turbo has a sniffle.

Are you seriously using Luai as an example? A 5/8 who has been in the last 3 Grand Finals, and a SOO half? And you don't want him because he runs his mouth? That is the exact kind of crap I was referring to in my previous post. I'd have Jerome in a Manly jersey in a heartbeat. So would every supporter of every other team in the comp. Even the Roosters, Brandon Smith says hi. No other team was stupid enough to do the rainbow thingamajig, not even the Tigers. Do you really believe the players declined to participate because they were scared of a few pretty colours? C'mon man.

Manly needs our Western Pathways program.

Haumole, Saab, Koula, Samuela, Schuster, Latu, Paseka, GCKT, are all required on the field for us to be successful. Parker and Liam Fulton are at the very bottom of any top 30 in the NRL.

Geez, Liam Fulton must be 40 by now 🤷🏻‍♂️

What local comp? The Manly area doesn't produce anywhere near enough juniors to sustain an NRL side. I'd have us above the Roosters and Storm and that's it. The Fulton's were smart enough to realise we needed to draw talent from other junior areas. Apart from the Turbos and Gutherson, who are these Northern Beaches superstars? Hynes maybe? Compare that to the greater west. Almost every team is being fed from the tougher, meaner streets of Sydney's Western Suburbs. They breed them harder out here, where few people care a damn about how much etiquette a footy player has or what big words a coach uses in front of a camera. And footy is a hard man's game.

We need to keep recruiting from the West and make sure we identify the rare player produced on Sydney's Northern Beaches. The Harold Mat's and SG Ball etc, decided to focus locally this season. How do you like those apples? There has been a massive drop in results. The problem isn't the brilliant Sea Eagles Western Sydney pathways program, the problem is management and ownership. The Penn's are private school teddy bears not rugby league people.
The issues you get from the West so far in Manly's case has been trouble makers with gang connections, convicted criminals, factions who put themselves 1st and some players who have that lazy attitude. These are the type of players you cannot build a great club culture around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8