Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When hasn’t this club had serious issues?? If it’s not the players punching on at training/strip clubs/at sponsorship launches it’s the morons on the board leaking s&$t to the media/ infighting and backstabbing…

It’s been going on for easily the last 17 plus years…. I love watching manly play each week, but as for the players/board etc I stopped caring years ago… we’re a basket case club on parr with the magpies/tigers board and pretty much the laughing stock of all the other fans whether we win or lose on the field

Whether Fulton leaving is a good or a bad thing, he’s brought plenty of these young blokes through like Haumole etc.

You know who his immediate targets will be…

Whether Fulton leaving is a good or a bad thing, he’s brought plenty of these young blokes through like Haumole etc.

We will know whether this Metsrov/ Fulton move will have an impact on us in due course

Do you still have confidence I. The club and the decisions we are making? I was buoyed by your sentiments early in the year.

There seems to be a lot of issues and negativity now and not much going right.

Is our club in good hands?

One thing for sure is up to now the Fulton's have only ever known Manly, only ever lived Manly and made decisions for Manly.

Can the same be said about the rest of Manly mgt and coaches.

We might bag out Scott and Kristie Fulton but if you saw our juniors this year they were horrendous. Not long ago we were number one. The Fulton's brought in all the good kids we have.
I read the new junior coach brought kids from Scone. How bad is that? As if any kid in the bush at that age hasn't been snapped up. We played a lot more local kids as well this year and straight back to literally last place and no wins. The two teams I watched at Campbelltown this year was embarrassing. I have watched the juniors for around 20 odd years and this group (whoever recruited them) or was stopped from recruiting (in charge) needs to be fired. They were pathetic and the results backed it up.
They may have brought in some talent, but that's also code for neglecting the local comp. It's likely not just a coincidence that the (increasingly) local junior team looks underdone compared to historical ones.

Just observing our current situation/trends, outsourcing talented youngsters has lent itself to > ego < unified culture and < resilience.

i.e If we had an option to go back five-eight years and just focus on juniors i'd take it in hindsight. It's been a case of too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still have confidence I. The club and the decisions we are making? I was buoyed by your sentiments early in the year.

There seems to be a lot of issues and negativity now and not much going right.

Is our club in good hands?
Look aside from the departure of Fulton we haven’t seen anything else as yet, aside from the up and down on field results and injuries etc, for anyone to be able to make a really informed decision on the success of the new management as yet mate.

I think Mestrov is a strong leader, given the decisions he made early in the piece.

Clearly he wanted a clean out, what we see as a result of that will then paint a picture of whether it has been successful or not.

Look aside from the departure of Fulton we haven’t seen anything else as yet, aside from the up and down on field results and injuries etc, for anyone to be able to make a really informed decision on the success of the new management as yet mate.

I think Mestrov is a strong leader, given the decisions he made early in the piece.

Clearly he wanted a clean out, what we see as a result of that will then paint a picture of whether it has been successful or not.
Thanks for that. I agree with your thoughts.

The recruitment and letting go of players and the smoke around schuster is very concerning.

Getting Kyle Flanagan when we have Weekes/fainu/Humphries ad aspiring halves is troublesome.

Can’t get behind the paywall, but as night follows day..

Looks like bottom feeding clubs feeding off bottom feeding clubs.

We've been doing it for a long while now.

I was at the AGM of the football club last year and Mestrov spelt out his vision for our juniors and pathways.

He alluded to the fact that the local district had been badly neglected and that the local teams were struggling to hold a competition due to waning interest in the game and that he wanted the players to go out and meet the kids and engage with the local juniors.

The fact that the Fultons have moved on shows that the pathways plan through western Sydney is under serious review and a more local focus is now being overseen by Tooves.

The player manager who worked with the Fultons on this project is a shrewd operator and he has done well to get players great deals. He I understand negotiated Schuster's contract and I am staggered that the club agreed to that considering Schuster has played only 30 games or so and in 2022 and this really struggled for fitness.

I think we need a better balance with our recruitment and retention. It would be nice to see Manly look at some players outside of western Sydney, look at QLD, NZ and also the UK.

The Fultons have had their day at the club and will always be remembered for what they did for the club.

Mestrov said that things needed to change and hes doing that right now. Look for the Blacktown agreement to be dissolved soon.

Whatever happens the club needs to unite fast, there are clear divisions there and to learn that Schuster was in a fight is a very bad look. He needs to go away and get fit.

I think we have some pain to come, there might be the odd player that moves on. The fans just want 17 guys going out there and having a real go!

Seems we are self- imploding earlier this year compared to normal.

Personally, I'd like to see Fulton raid our ranks. Just my opinion, but I think he signs players on talent alone. We need someone to start recruiting competitors. Melbourne are the benchmark at this. Lets recruit some hard heads that want to win enough to turn up each week, regardless of the opposition. Oh and some leg speed in the forwards too please!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4