Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally, I'd like to see Fulton raid our ranks. Just my opinion, but I think he signs players on talent alone. We need someone to start recruiting competitors. Melbourne are the benchmark at this. Lets recruit some hard heads that want to win enough to turn up each week, regardless of the opposition. Oh and some leg speed in the forwards too please!

100% right.

The Dolphins aren't great on paper, but fk me they compete at 100% intensity each and every week......which unfortunately I cannot say for us.

Two siblings down, one to go.

On a positive note, he will be scouring the Tigers’ own backyard, whilst ignoring the Northern Beaches. Which is apparently what he has been doing for the last few years.

Bob’s master plan to set his kids up at Manly is crashing down.
I think that Bob's master plan only resulted in killing the Manly Culture back in 2015 when he got rid of half of the top 30 players and recruited Barrett & Cartright as the Manly Coaching Team for 2016 and forced Donny out to be replaced by that Titans reject whatever his name was.

They may have brought in some talent, but that's also code for neglecting the local comp. It's likely not just a coincidence that the (increasingly) local junior team looks underdone compared to historical ones.

Just observing our current situation/trends, outsourcing talented youngsters has lent itself to > ego < unified culture and < resilience.

i.e If we had an option to go back five-eight years and just focus on juniors i'd take it in hindsight. It's been a case of too good to be true.
What local comp? The Manly area doesn't produce anywhere near enough juniors to sustain an NRL side. I'd have us above the Roosters and Storm and that's it. The Fulton's were smart enough to realise we needed to draw talent from other junior areas. Apart from the Turbos and Gutherson, who are these Northern Beaches superstars? Hynes maybe? Compare that to the greater west. Almost every team is being fed from the tougher, meaner streets of Sydney's Western Suburbs. They breed them harder out here, where few people care a damn about how much etiquette a footy player has or what big words a coach uses in front of a camera. And footy is a hard man's game.

We need to keep recruiting from the West and make sure we identify the rare player produced on Sydney's Northern Beaches. The Harold Mat's and SG Ball etc, decided to focus locally this season. How do you like those apples? There has been a massive drop in results. The problem isn't the brilliant Sea Eagles Western Sydney pathways program, the problem is management and ownership. The Penn's are private school teddy bears not rugby league people.

I thought Haumole use to just roll up to training with a Bball in hand to keep Manase company in the early days. Not sure where I heard that.
Yeah, that's what I read and heard from the players, I thought. I guess you take that as an indirect find.

What local comp? The Manly area doesn't produce anywhere near enough juniors to sustain an NRL side. I'd have us above the Roosters and Storm and that's it. The Fulton's were smart enough to realise we needed to draw talent from other junior areas. Apart from the Turbos and Gutherson, who are these Northern Beaches superstars? Hynes maybe? Compare that to the greater west. Almost every team is being fed from the tougher, meaner streets of Sydney's Western Suburbs. They breed them harder out here, where few people care a damn about how much etiquette a footy player has or what big words a coach uses in front of a camera. And footy is a hard man's game.

We need to keep recruiting from the West and make sure we identify the rare player produced on Sydney's Northern Beaches. The Harold Mat's and SG Ball etc, decided to focus locally this season. How do you like those apples? There has been a massive drop in results. The problem isn't the brilliant Sea Eagles Western Sydney pathways program, the problem is management and ownership. The Penn's are private school teddy bears not rugby league people.
Oh my

We should keep at it and try get someone else who projects himself as incredibly tough and cool like Luai. Not a little princess from the northern beaches..

Come on 'Thewestisbest' you are watching too many tiktoks about 'representing your area'. It's not like American movies, the point is that there are plenty of good kids everywhere, yet the advantage of our club is that we don't have any other clubs encroaching on our talent pool. Of course we will have to seek some outside players, but there are a million eyes on the West. I wouldn't mind looking into Qld, Vic, NZ, the West and the country, but as a club Manly are responsibility for keeping local comps active. That should go unsaid. And no, the current strategy has not worked, it is unbalanced and damaging.

Trbos, Gutho, Hynes, Parker, Jacob Preston, young Fulton etc. is all we'd want out of our junior comps anyways. If we hadn't neglected local comps in the last few years who's to say there wouldn't be more development out of the beaches. We should also be targetting the central coast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lmao. Thanks for your input Mario.

100% right.

The Dolphins aren't great on paper, but fk me they compete at 100% intensity each and every week......which unfortunately I cannot say for us.
Let’s not forget , they had zero legacy players , Bennett was able to recruit some hard nuts , without much thought for the salary cap.

It’s not surprising their top 17 are pretty good , it’s when they get injuries that they fall over a bit.

Let’s not forget , they had zero legacy players , Bennett was able to recruit some hard nuts , without much thought for the salary cap.

It’s not surprising their top 17 are pretty good , it’s when they get injuries that they fall over a bit.

Cmon Mark....
These Dolphins did not recruit one "marquee" player....and not by choice, cause they chased few.
In fact, they are still chasing marquee talent...see Whighton.

It is damn surprising their 17 are pretty good.

You saw Jeremy Marshall King as a decent 9?? I didn't. He was dross at the Dogs.

I hadn't even heard of their 6.
The 7 was a back-up to Cleary.

Admittedly, the Hammer has always been quality.

Then we have the 45 year old Bromwich brothers, a Cowboys reject in the 12, who is on fire, Tom Gilbert and Jarroce Wallace as a forward pack.

Compare that to our team.

Oh my, yes our current crop from the West are the 'hardest' manly players to ever grace the jersey. Ffs their egos were too important to wear a jersey with some colour on it.

We should keep at it and try get someone else who projects himself as incredibly tough and cool like Luai. Not a little princess from the northern beaches..

Come on 'Thewestisbest' you are watching too many tiktoks about 'representing your area'. It's not like sentimental American movies, the point is that there are plenty of good kids everywhere, yet the advantage of our club is that we don't have any other clubs encroaching on our talent pool. Of course we will have to seek some outside players, but there are a million eyes on the West, we're better off looking into Qld, Vic, NZ (but with a primary focus on keeping the local comps active).

Trbos, Gutho, Hynes, Parker, Jacob Preston, young Fulton etc. is all we'd want out of our junior comps. That's enough to build a great team alone, but if we hadn't neglected local comps in the last few years who's to say there wouldn't be more development out of the beaches. We should also be targetting the central coast.
Are you seriously using Luai as an example? A 5/8 who has been in the last 3 Grand Finals, and a SOO half? And you don't want him because he runs his mouth? That is the exact kind of crap I was referring to in my previous post. I'd have Jerome in a Manly jersey in a heartbeat. So would every supporter of every other team in the comp. Even the Roosters, Brandon Smith says hi. No other team was stupid enough to do the rainbow thingamajig, not even the Tigers. Do you really believe the players declined to participate because they were scared of a few pretty colours? C'mon man.

Manly needs our Western Pathways program.

Haumole, Saab, Koula, Samuela, Schuster, Latu, Paseka, GCKT, are all required on the field for us to be successful. Parker and Liam Fulton are at the very bottom of any top 30 in the NRL.

Cmon Mark....
These Dolphins did not recruit one "marquee" player....and not by choice, cause they chased few.

You saw Jeremy Marshall King as a decent 9?? I didn't. He was dross at the Dogs.

Then we have the 45 year old Bromwich brothers, a Cowboys reject in the 12, who is on fire, Tom Gilbert and Jarroce Wallace as a forward pack.

Last year the media kept on talking about how The Dolphins hadn't signed a marquee player for their debut season in 2023.
Yet, every time the media reported the players that The Dolphins had signed, I exclaimed to myself,
" Wow, they are a great player!!"
The crafty, old bugger, Bennett, has put together a great team and they have proved it out on the field this year.
They are my 3rd favourite team.

Cmon Mark....

Despite you not having much of an opinion on their forwards I reckon they are hard nuts.

Their halves are bits and pieces I agree

We need both. Gutho, turbos and the gun Canterbury second rower Preston are all local. Best to keep them

But yeah west and qld. Country all are important nurseries.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8