trial vs Chooks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Firstly it was so good to come away from a game with a win (even if it was reggies playing). Its been a long time since we had one lol

Secondly it was so good at Central Coast Stadium - the surface was superb, spacious seating and lovely atmosphere. Pity we can't make more use of it.

Some of the better players imo were Tevita Funa, Cade Cust, Mishki, Elgey & Hodko in the halves and Saunders was impressive. Can we please have Mishki on the wing?

All in all a great evening, at a great stadium, with a great result, and a special bonus being the players' signing marquee :)

Just got home from the game, i thought it was a good hit out. The 10 for us Kurt Deluis i felt played very strongly. Tackled everything, 2 hit ups in a set.....don't no anything about him but had a real go.
He got some time last week as well I thought he went alright...

Firstly it was so good to come away from a game with a win (even if it was reggies playing). Its been a long time since we had one lol

Secondly it was so good at Central Coast Stadium - the surface was superb, spacious seating and lovely atmosphere. Pity we can't make more use of it.

Some of the better players imo were Tevita Funa, Cade Cust, Mishki, Elgey & Hodko in the halves and Saunders was impressive. Can we please have Mishki on the wing?

All in all a great evening, at a great stadium, with a great result, and a special bonus being the players' signing marquee :)
We could have had a lot more use, if anyone running our club had any vision. We should have taken over the Coast when we had the chance.

Ah, so it wasn't just for me that the stream started 15 minutes into the game. It started like that on the replay as well.

Hooray! A win!

For everyone complaining about the cost of entry ($20 is a bit steep for a trial game IMO).....just remember that this was basically a Chooks home trial so it wasn't Manly who set the entry fee.

Direct your frustrations at Uncle Nick and the NRL, and I would guess the management at Central Coast Stadium......

And just on the commentator, I thought the guy did a fairly good job. At least unlike the goose who called the Cronulla trial last week, he called out the players names (when he got them right) from both sides. Last week that clown was in full description mode whenever the Sharks had the ball, but unless it was one of our noted team (i.e. players like the Trbojevic's, Kapow and DCE), he spent most of the time talking about the other NRL trials whenever we had the ball. And that was made even worse because it was the no-names in the second half and the live feed was that bad that we couldn't tell which player was which.

And just on the commentator, I thought the guy did a fairly good job. At least unlike the goose who called the Cronulla trial last week, he called out the players names (when he got them right) from both sides. Last week that clown was in full description mode whenever the Sharks had the ball, but unless it was one of our noted team (i.e. players like the Trbojevic's, Kapow and DCE), he spent most of the time talking about the other NRL trials whenever we had the ball. And that was made even worse because it was the no-names in the second half and the live feed was that bad that we couldn't tell which player was which.

It's not easy to commentate a footy game, and certainly not easy to commentate a whole game by yourself. So like you, I thought he did pretty good in that regard. I found the inflections of his voice grating (heeeee's feeeding the scrum neeeeeee-ow. It's a treeeee-iiiiii) but then reading he has Aspergers I moved more towards admiring his efforts rather than whiiiining. I remember Mr Cousins doing one last year (with the tigers I think) and um, I like Wayne, but, yes.

It's not easy to commentate a footy game, and certainly not easy to commentate a whole game by yourself. So like you, I thought he did pretty good in that regard. I found the inflections of his voice grating (heeeee's feeeding the scrum neeeeeee-ow. It's a treeeee-iiiiii) but then reading he has Aspergers I moved more towards admiring his efforts rather than whiiiining. I remember Mr Cousins doing one last year (with the tigers I think) and um, I like Wayne, but, yes.

This 'Ryan' character wouldn't be so bad as a radio commentator where more of a description is needed. And his voice is no worse than a lot of other commentators I have heard (listen to Ray Hadlee's game descriptions sometime.....and you all remember the shouting match that was Zorba and Hollywood Hartley's commentary). I tell ya though, I'd rather listen to him than Elliot Goblet without the comedy (Joey) or Darren "I can't string a coherent sentence together" Lockyer.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

But it was $20 to get in tonight. To watch a reserve grade side play, a side with 6 first graders.

Hey. I came up to watch it with my dad who lives here. And had a good time.

But this isn’t what we normally do. If this is what we do for trials In the future. Please do like last week. A gold coin donation.
The Roosters ‘ran’ the trial last night not Manly.

Each team has one trial per season to organize etc ours was last week against the Sharks which ended being mostly done by by Sharks anyway due to Lottoland being out of action

I was going to cancel Foxtel and go over to nrl.com but after the past couple of weeks it’s apparent I’d just be pi**ing my money
I like Qcup games for than reason. Even the womesn games and Koori cup on sbs is enjiyable.
its always been that way. In the days when you went to see three grades play, the under 20s and reserves were often more entertaining than the first grade. There were more missed tackles, more breaks, more off loads and less wrestling and less refereeing.

And beyond the commentator it was actually a pretty entertaining match, with the referees being pretty lazy with the whistle. I actually quite enjoyed the rawness of the footy. Think I will be watching more reserve grade this year

I got right into the local league up here on the Central Coast last year, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Cheap entry, cheap beer, raw footy, ever rawer supporters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4