Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trial vs Chooks

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
Surely you can't hate anybody that much to recommend watching it.
I have had 6 beers since the game finished and still haven't got that commentary out of my head.
I did not mind it actually mate . The commentator was a young guy with some disability and I thought we went ok

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
2018 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor
Seems this was essentially a nsw cup match. Des holding cards close to his chest. Fainu looked sharp in both trials i say he play off interchange with probably be perrett, goewiski and sipley.
And beyond the commentator it was actually a pretty entertaining match, with the referees being pretty lazy with the whistle. I actually quite enjoyed the rawness of the footy. Think I will be watching more reserve grade this year

Go manly

Premium Member
We just googled our commentator from tonight, Ryan. He is 26 years old , has a degree in journalism/ communications with honours and has Aspergers Syndrome. His dream is to be a sports commentator. I say Go Ryan , loved his passion.
Ambassador then for links deodorant

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Lol badly Saunders sounds like an old dude that tells yarns down at the local.
Lol.
Well he's from up your way so go down and have a listen...

ALinda

Premium Member
Firstly it was so good to come away from a game with a win (even if it was reggies playing). Its been a long time since we had one lol

Secondly it was so good at Central Coast Stadium - the surface was superb, spacious seating and lovely atmosphere. Pity we can't make more use of it.

Some of the better players imo were Tevita Funa, Cade Cust, Mishki, Elgey & Hodko in the halves and Saunders was impressive. Can we please have Mishki on the wing?

All in all a great evening, at a great stadium, with a great result, and a special bonus being the players' signing marquee :)

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Just got home from the game, i thought it was a good hit out. The 10 for us Kurt Deluis i felt played very strongly. Tackled everything, 2 hit ups in a set.....don't no anything about him but had a real go.
He got some time last week as well I thought he went alright...

Rosko

Premium Member
Firstly it was so good to come away from a game with a win (even if it was reggies playing). Its been a long time since we had one lol

Secondly it was so good at Central Coast Stadium - the surface was superb, spacious seating and lovely atmosphere. Pity we can't make more use of it.

Some of the better players imo were Tevita Funa, Cade Cust, Mishki, Elgey & Hodko in the halves and Saunders was impressive. Can we please have Mishki on the wing?

All in all a great evening, at a great stadium, with a great result, and a special bonus being the players' signing marquee :)
We could have had a lot more use, if anyone running our club had any vision. We should have taken over the Coast when we had the chance.

robbiea

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
Well ,this thread gave me alot of laughs ,thanks boys.........

globaleagle

stay tuned
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, so it wasn't just for me that the stream started 15 minutes into the game. It started like that on the replay as well.

Hooray! A win!

HoldenV8

For everyone complaining about the cost of entry ($20 is a bit steep for a trial game IMO).....just remember that this was basically a Chooks home trial so it wasn't Manly who set the entry fee.

Direct your frustrations at Uncle Nick and the NRL, and I would guess the management at Central Coast Stadium......

HoldenV8

And just on the commentator, I thought the guy did a fairly good job. At least unlike the goose who called the Cronulla trial last week, he called out the players names (when he got them right) from both sides. Last week that clown was in full description mode whenever the Sharks had the ball, but unless it was one of our noted team (i.e. players like the Trbojevic's, Kapow and DCE), he spent most of the time talking about the other NRL trials whenever we had the ball. And that was made even worse because it was the no-names in the second half and the live feed was that bad that we couldn't tell which player was which.

globaleagle

stay tuned
Staff member
Premium Member
And just on the commentator, I thought the guy did a fairly good job. At least unlike the goose who called the Cronulla trial last week, he called out the players names (when he got them right) from both sides. Last week that clown was in full description mode whenever the Sharks had the ball, but unless it was one of our noted team (i.e. players like the Trbojevic's, Kapow and DCE), he spent most of the time talking about the other NRL trials whenever we had the ball. And that was made even worse because it was the no-names in the second half and the live feed was that bad that we couldn't tell which player was which.

It's not easy to commentate a footy game, and certainly not easy to commentate a whole game by yourself. So like you, I thought he did pretty good in that regard. I found the inflections of his voice grating (heeeee's feeeding the scrum neeeeeee-ow. It's a treeeee-iiiiii) but then reading he has Aspergers I moved more towards admiring his efforts rather than whiiiining. I remember Mr Cousins doing one last year (with the tigers I think) and um, I like Wayne, but, yes.

HoldenV8

It's not easy to commentate a footy game, and certainly not easy to commentate a whole game by yourself. So like you, I thought he did pretty good in that regard. I found the inflections of his voice grating (heeeee's feeeding the scrum neeeeeee-ow. It's a treeeee-iiiiii) but then reading he has Aspergers I moved more towards admiring his efforts rather than whiiiining. I remember Mr Cousins doing one last year (with the tigers I think) and um, I like Wayne, but, yes.
This 'Ryan' character wouldn't be so bad as a radio commentator where more of a description is needed. And his voice is no worse than a lot of other commentators I have heard (listen to Ray Hadlee's game descriptions sometime.....and you all remember the shouting match that was Zorba and Hollywood Hartley's commentary). I tell ya though, I'd rather listen to him than Elliot Goblet without the comedy (Joey) or Darren "I can't string a coherent sentence together" Lockyer.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

But it was $20 to get in tonight. To watch a reserve grade side play, a side with 6 first graders.

Hey. I came up to watch it with my dad who lives here. And had a good time.

But this isn’t what we normally do. If this is what we do for trials In the future. Please do like last week. A gold coin donation.
The Roosters ‘ran’ the trial last night not Manly.

Each team has one trial per season to organize etc ours was last week against the Sharks which ended being mostly done by by Sharks anyway due to Lottoland being out of action

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18