Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Frank said:
Phantar said:
Ryan - a history lesson:

Boyd
Ray Brown
Dorahy (all from Wests)
Gerard (Parra)
Mark Broadhurst (NZer)
Close (QLD)
McCabe (Easts)
Ribot (Wests again)
Cleal
Dave Brown
Boustead
Schubert (all Easts)
Sigsworth (poor old Newtown)

All bought by Manly as established 1st graders and nearly all internationals when they joined Manly, in a three year period from late 79 to late 82.

What were you saying about C-B and their methods again?

I can see your point Phantar but you kind of add to Ryan's argument when you consider our lack of success during this period. Sure, we made a couple of grand finals but we lost BOTH of them. It was damn painful - I was at the SCG for both of them. It was the real beginning of our rivalry and hatred for the Eels.

Didn't it just absolutely suck. I'll never forget those 2 GF days having all that Para scum giving it to us especially in 83 when we were lay down specials to win the premiership and those bastards blew us away again. Memory burn and a very painful one I will never forget. I dont care how bad Parra are going I will always rejoice when they are in misery.

The Eels supporters were absolutely feral. Some things just never change.

My original post (before I edited it prior to uploading) made all those points Frank/Mick. But I often think I'm telling people to suck eggs on here and I'm trying to avoid that.

Bottom line: be careful about bagging other clubs for trying to buy their way to success, when we've done the same thing in the past.

And Ryan, thankyou for an analogy I wouldn't have thought possible. It's all very clear now. But if only our home ground was the sporting equivalent of the lass in the first photo, rather than the bogged up disaster in the second!

1947 said:
Jethro said:
1947 said:
MrInvisible said:
As if TRex would tell the players (and therefore also media) about him departing after the game, when there's a Manly Fan Day he'll be attending on Sunday afternoon.

Either way I think he's staying at Manly.
2 questions for you!!!
Who do you support - I have obviously missed previous threads?
Excatly what is the reason you post on a Manly sight?

Answer #1. What difference is it who it is that he supports? It doesn't matter.

Answer #2. He has every right to post here as long as his comments stay within the rules of the Silvertails Terms and Conditions and Forum Terms of Service.

Have a read of the following which is this forum's description:

STRugbyLeagueForum.jpg

Oh look 1947, this isn't just a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles discussion forum after all, and look, it also says that "We welcome supporters of other NRL teams, or moreso, you are welcome to post, but please come armed with a thick skin and a sense of humour, this is after all a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles site."

Jethro = who the fark are you ?
Piss off the the greenturds!!!!!!!!!!!!

1947 said:
Jethro said:
1947 said:
MrInvisible said:
As if TRex would tell the players (and therefore also media) about him departing after the game, when there's a Manly Fan Day he'll be attending on Sunday afternoon.

Either way I think he's staying at Manly.
2 questions for you!!!
Who do you support - I have obviously missed previous threads?
Excatly what is the reason you post on a Manly sight?

Answer #1. What difference is it who it is that he supports? It doesn't matter.

Answer #2. He has every right to post here as long as his comments stay within the rules of the Silvertails Terms and Conditions and Forum Terms of Service.

Have a read of the following which is this forum's description:

STRugbyLeagueForum.jpg

Oh look 1947, this isn't just a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles discussion forum after all, and look, it also says that "We welcome supporters of other NRL teams, or moreso, you are welcome to post, but please come armed with a thick skin and a sense of humour, this is after all a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles site."

Jethro = who the fark are you ?
Piss off the the greenturds!!!!!!!!!!!!

And one more thing Jethro, consider this issue over ....I will not respond to anything further.
As a supporter ot 40 years, born and breed on the nth beaches, you can get stuffed!

40 year supporter ?

Some of your diatribe on this issue made me think you were about 14 years old

Some of the things written here are complete rubbish.

All teams recruit from others, it is part of the game and often cyclical. Manly have just come through a wildly successful period an a bunch of players have had their values go up. Canterbury have not won a comp since 2004 and only real had two good seasons 2006 and 2009. Whilst Canterbury have made a number of high priced purchases during this time a lot of these will be filtered out at the end of this year and next year.

If Canterbury purchase T-Rex, it is nothing personal its just business. Joel Romelo is a good chance of heading to Manly for next year and no doubt guys like Josh Reynolds, Dale Finucane, John Sila and David Klemmer will attract interest from Manly and every other club too when they become available. When that happens some will stay and some will leave and everybody will get on with life.

Professional sport is dictated by dollars so lets throw the hysterics out the window where the belong.

Dirk Diggler said:

All teams recruit from others, it is part of the game and often cyclical. Manly have just come through a wildly successful period an a bunch of players have had their values go up. Canterbury have not won a comp since 2004 and only real had two good seasons 2006 and 2009. Whilst Canterbury have made a number of high priced purchases during this time a lot of these will be filtered out at the end of this year and next year.

If Canterbury purchase T-Rex, it is nothing personal its just business. Joel Romelo is a good chance of heading to Manly for next year and no doubt guys like Josh Reynolds, Dale Finucane, John Sila and David Klemmer will attract interest from Manly and every other club too when they become available. When that happens some will stay and some will leave and everybody will get on with life.

Professional sport is dictated by dollars so lets throw the hysterics out the window where the belong.

This

eagles2win said:
Dirk Diggler said:

This

No way this. Hysterics are much more fun than calm sensible reasoning.

1947 said:
Your club took our coach under controversial circumstamces, which in it's bluntest terms were unprofessional and effective was aimed at derailing Manly.
I'll make this easy with a Bridge Building guide.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2045959_build-bridge.html

Wolfpack said:
Mr.I - What is the general opinion amongst Dogs fans on Dale Finucane? Everytime I've seen him play this year (in the NSW cup) he's been immense. Is he likely to get a FG callup anytime soon?

Also, if you don't mind, what's the opinion on Joel Romelo? Always looked like a handy little player & had a great game against us at Brooky last year. Doesn't seem to have really kicked on under Des though.
Finucane has been with the Dogs a while, coming up through Toyota Cup. I think he's very much the David Stagg mould. Does a lot of work, but doesn't get noticed that much. He's off contract end of this year.

Joel Romelo I really like, I'll admit I'm on The Pain Train. For a bloke who got booted from the Panthers and had a bad attitude he has really pulled his socks up and taken his chance at the Bulldogs. He's kinda like an angry little dog. Rips in and hits with decent force for a little bloke, but underneath I reckon there are the makings of a very good quality hooker.

With Ennis in our side (even though I don't agree with his form at times) Romelo isn't getting a good run. Likewise we have Shane Pumipi coming up in NSW Cup who looks to be a decent prospect.

Back to TRex though, I wonder who the next big player the media will make a circus out of a signing over will be! Seems gone are the days sports journalist actually talked about the game, not the signings.

eagles2win said:
The Who said:
Back on to the T-Rex thread...
We showed again tonight we can win without T-Rex. Much of the reason is because Ballin is an absolute gun. He does the work of two players.
We haven't shown we can win without Ballin.
While I want to retain both players I'm convinced retaining Ballin is more important that keeping T-Rex.

The spine is irreplaceable - 1,6,7,9. Everyone else is

That means the whole team is irreplaceable,

Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the best qualified in the room,

Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions
And see how they humble your soul;

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining
Is a measure of how you’ll be missed.

You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop and you’ll find that in no time
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example
Is do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man.

bones said:
eagles2win said:
The Who said:
Back on to the T-Rex thread...
We showed again tonight we can win without T-Rex. Much of the reason is because Ballin is an absolute gun. He does the work of two players.
We haven't shown we can win without Ballin.
While I want to retain both players I'm convinced retaining Ballin is more important that keeping T-Rex.

The spine is irreplaceable - 1,6,7,9. Everyone else is

That means the whole team is irreplaceable,
our 3,11,13 are **** hot too

T-Rex is an impact player and a very good one at that. Considering how many times he handles the ball and his time on the field... I think there is better value for the dollars.

Lyon, Matai, Cherry, Kieran, Watmough and the Stewart boys. These guys are 80min players and the heart & soul of the team, and rightfully where the bulk of the cap money goes. I'd love to think he would stay but I just don't think we can afford him.

I feel sorry for the likes of Ballin and Lussick who have to put their careers on hold until TRex makes his mind up.

I know it's a hard decision but make it!

TRex isn't worth losing both Ballin and Lussick over. While i'll be disappointed if he did leave, i'd be even more disappointed in losing 2 players for him.

I may be in the minority but i feel as though Lussick has a good career ahead of him and he is still raw and learning. I like the way he charges into the line. All our props are nearly the same age which is not good. We need the next generation to come through and Lussick is one of them. Throw in the fact he loves the club and is a junior and i'd rather have him at half the price. Ballin is a must to keep also.

manlywarringah said:
I may be in the minority but i feel as though Lussick has a good career ahead of him and he is still raw and learning. I like the way he charges into the line. All our props are nearly the same age which is not good. We need the next generation to come through and Lussick is one of them. Throw in the fact he loves the club and is a junior and i'd rather have him at half the price. Ballin is a must to keep also.

You may well be in the minority but I for one agree with you:)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8