Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems to be a lot of talk T Rex is gone. Where there's smoke there's fire. Not feeling good about it now.

Which ever way it goes he spends quite a lot of time on the sidelines. Very happy to keep him but if he goes for $$$ open the door. Already locked in Foz, Cherry and Matai. Next important signing is Snake.

You know I like big t Rex but if has looked after his family and taken The cash good luck to him. I just hope it means we can now keep one club players like brett and Matty ballin we a bit left over for wolfy. Just remember we won a comp in 08 without him.

Snake and Ballin first...c ya T Rex if thats what u want....Good luck to u mate and good luck

As if TRex would tell the players (and therefore also media) about him departing after the game, when there's a Manly Fan Day he'll be attending on Sunday afternoon.

Either way I think he's staying at Manly.

MrInvisible said:
As if TRex would tell the players (and therefore also media) about him departing after the game, when there's a Manly Fan Day he'll be attending on Sunday afternoon.

2 questions for you!!!
Who do you support - I have obviously missed previous threads?
Excatly what is the reason you post on a Manly sight?

1947 said:
MrInvisible said:

2 questions for you!!!
Bulldogs. I'm on quite a few Rugby League sites, always interesting to see what other fans think.

MrInvisible said:
1947 said:
MrInvisible said:

2 questions for you!!!
Bulldogs. I'm on quite a few Rugby League sites, always interesting to see what other fans think.

I think the culture of having just 2 (At most) Bulldogs 20s/juniors in the FG team is a disgrace and they try to buy a new culture every time they miss the finals (AKA Every year)

MrInvisible said:
1947 said:
MrInvisible said:

2 questions for you!!!

Well I can speak on account of the majority here - you can stick ya "family club", which is of course is "bought not bred" - Hasler perfect example - LOL up ya ass and get back to your own desperado site.

This is a site for champions, the ethical.

Your club took our coach under controversial circumstamces, which in it's bluntest terms were unprofessional and effective was aimed at derailing Manly.

So PISS OFF.

MrInvisible said:
1947 said:
MrInvisible said:

2 questions for you!!!

I think that your team will never be too successful while they try and "produce" a team of winners, rather than building one. Manly have built a legacy here - you are attempting to manufacture one.

The fact that 15 out of your top 17 have been acquired as first graders from other teams bemuses me.

You have great lower grades. USE them FFS. Manly's lower grades, are, well, not the best so to speak, and look at what it has produced us.

I think Your CEO is akin to a used car salesman. Many months ago, I thought he was one of the best, but if rumors are right about him instigating contractual fraud, I have totally and completely lost all respect in him.

Bulldogs have a track record of heavily cheating the system, and often get heavily fined for it.

It's all about culture. Our boys will bleed for each other, and stick together (most, at any rate). You'r blokes are all in it for the $$$.

Honestly, I feel bad for you knowing you have to support a team of car salesmen.

Guys we won tonight - a little decorum.

I'm not a subscriber to Mr I - and have called him out on occasion, but he has done nothing untoward here so lets show class people

All we are doing by arguing with Mr I is fuelling the fire, I have no problem with him being here because I really just don't care, if he wants to jump onto our forum then welcome, you'll be dealin with good blokes and a great club, the more you fuel the fire the more it's going to burn, and he hasn't done anything untoward (something to get himself banned) that I have seen, which means he will be around for a little while !

Ryan said:
MrInvisible said:
1947 said:
MrInvisible said:

2 questions for you!!!

I think that your team will never be too successful while they try and "produce" a team of winners, rather than building one. Manly have built a legacy here - you are attempting to manufacture one.

The fact that 15 out of your top 17 have been acquired as first graders from other teams bemuses me.

You have great lower grades. USE them FFS. Manly's lower grades, are, well, not the best so to speak, and look at what it has produced us.

I think Your CEO is akin to a used car salesman. Many months ago, I thought he was one of the best, but if rumors are right about him instigating contractual fraud, I have totally and completely lost all respect in him.

Bulldogs have a track record of heavily cheating the system, and often get heavily fined for it.

It's all about culture. Our boys will bleed for each other, and stick together (most, at any rate). You'r blokes are all in it for the $$$.

Honestly, I feel bad for you knowing you have to support a team of car salesmen.

More fuel to the Greenburg fire - his long time right hand man, Dirk Melton, who was hired to be Sydney FC CEO from his position at the Bulldogs, had his contract terminated by SFC last year for "unacceptable behaviour" towards staff members. Take what you will from that.

I do think that the Dogs would be smart to look to their own production line (Wasn't the extra funds available to those areas of the FO one of the big reasons that Des signed with them?), though I understand what Des is doing in trying to bring some marquee talent to the club. IMO they would be better off targeting outside backs & saving cap space for future years though, that forward pack is absolutely stacked with talent.

Mr.I - What is the general opinion amongst Dogs fans on Dale Finucane? Everytime I've seen him play this year (in the NSW cup) he's been immense. Is he likely to get a FG callup anytime soon?

Also, if you don't mind, what's the opinion on Joel Romelo? Always looked like a handy little player & had a great game against us at Brooky last year. Doesn't seem to have really kicked on under Des though.

Ryan - a history lesson:

Boyd
Ray Brown
Dorahy (all from Wests)
Gerard (Parra)
Mark Broadhurst (NZer)
Close (QLD)
McCabe (Easts)
Ribot (Wests again)
Cleal
Dave Brown
Boustead
Schubert (all Easts)
Sigsworth (poor old Newtown)

All bought by Manly as established 1st graders and nearly all internationals when they joined Manly, in a three year period from late 79 to late 82.

What were you saying about C-B and their methods again?

Phantar said:
Ryan - a history lesson:

Boyd
Ray Brown
Dorahy (all from Wests)
Gerard (Parra)
Mark Broadhurst (NZer)
Close (QLD)
McCabe (Easts)
Ribot (Wests again)
Cleal
Dave Brown
Boustead
Schubert (all Easts)

All bought by Manly as established 1st graders and nearly all internationals when they joined Manly, in a three year period from late 79 to late 82.

And we didn't win another premiership until '87! surely we paid our penance for our purchasing sins

Phantar said:
Ryan - a history lesson:

Boyd
Ray Brown
Dorahy (all from Wests)
Gerard (Parra)
Mark Broadhurst (NZer)
Close (QLD)
McCabe (Easts)
Ribot (Wests again)
Cleal
Dave Brown
Boustead
Schubert (all Easts)

And how many premierships did it bring us...NONE. It wasn't till we went and found young talent and moulded them together that we won in 1987 same in 1996 and 2008/11. You cant buy a premiership you have to grow,nurture and mould a premiership team.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8