Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MrInvisible said:
Rambo1987 said:
I heard Parra have annoucement of signing 4 players on Friday and TRex is one of them along with Lussick and 2 others.

Let me guess. Knowing how Parra like their players older...

Darcy Lussick
Peter Sterling
Eric Grothe Snr
Ray Price

???

Looks much better than their list of recruits for 2012.

Des just been on The Game Plan panel. Categorically stated T Rex has not signed with dogs and is still making up his mind. He sounded a bit down about it too saying T Rex has a great culture at manly team and great mates and great lifestyle to weigh up. He came across as a bit like the Foran saga. I dont think they are very confident of getting T rex.

On Sports Today on 2UE tonight, Johnny Gibbs was saying that they had some mail that T-Rex may be doing a backflip and staying at Manly. Hope he is right.

Manly should just ring trex's mum and have her tell him to re-sign with Manly.

After all,one should always listen to one's mother!

mickqld said:
Des just been on The Game Plan panel. Categorically stated T Rex has not signed with dogs and is still making up his mind. He sounded a bit down about it too saying T Rex has a great culture at manly team and great mates and great lifestyle to weigh up. He came across as a bit like the Foran saga. I dont think they are very confident of getting T rex.

The truth is out there.

globaleagle said:
Manly should just ring trex's mum and have her tell him to re-sign with Manly.

After all,one should always listen to one's mother!

She'd probably have more aggro & punch than Brent Kite.

Meanwhile, specualtion on Tony Williams’ future continues to drag on.

It is believed Canterbury were very close to securing his services earlier this week for at least three seasons, only to see T-Rex change his mind at the eleventh hour.

A decision is expected by Sunday, with a source close to the Manly Daily revealing the genuine mateship among the Sea Eagles’ playing group could result in Williams extending his stay.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/panthers-snare-whare/

mickqld said:

I got the exact same vibe from Hasler. Seemed to be as though T-Rex has already told Hasler he isn't coming and is staying with Manly.

I wonder why they don't have a 'Possible T Rex Signing Superthread' over at the kennel?
Once bitten, twice shy maybe ..lol.

Also, This thread should be merged with the Rex Files thread, then it may be close to the Foran thread.

Third party deals are three hundred I total from non club sponsors. There is no more allowed after that and that three hundred comes from those not officially associated with the club. Players are allowed to earn more from companies that don't have competitor nrl sponsoring as long as there is no club affiliation in any sponsorship they do. So billy skater can't wear a Melbourne jumper in a power aide ad but he can wear a midnight purple singlet. It is all a con job and those with good managers and of a marketable persona (eg Lockyer). do very well out of things. But I'd any of the contracts our players signed had garuantees of payments we would be over the cap. Third part non club affiliated but contracted like those allowed in the three hundred extra nrl is garuantees money but outside of this like wing and gas ire found out is very dicey. Our halves are golden boys and will command great third party deals as long as they are Part of a winning culture.

Trex as a marketable quality is a just as marketable but will need a more tailored approach.

Sorry for mistakes phone entry and almost asleep.

Not sure why Hasler would not say something if T-Rex had knocked them back?

lsz said:

I dont think he's knocked them back I just think honestly he hasn't made up his mind where he wants to go. I'd say he's torn between his mates, the money, the setup at the dogs and Des.

Hey Mick - it was more about the "i get the feel he has knocked back Des" which is based in as much fact as a Daily Tele article

mickqld said:
lsz said:

I dont think he's knocked them back I just think honestly he hasn't made up his mind where he wants to go. I'd say he's torn between his mates, the money, the setup at the dogs and Des.

What f'n set up at the chihuahuas? Done up Belmore Sports Ground? Please- this is simply a choice between mateship and money. Actually I'll correct myself- a choice between mateship with good money and a sh1t load of money...

One report suggests the contract difference is a meagre $20,000 over 3 years. Thats less than $7000 per year or around $3600 after tax is deducted. Not that I believe anything written in the press about Manly players.

Now there is no way in hell I would change jobs for that sort of money so why would an international footballer even consider it? The answer of course his manager wants to squeeze every cent of his 7%.

bob dylan said:
One report suggests the contract difference is a meagre $20,000 over 3 years. Thats less than $7000 per year or around $3600 after tax is deducted. Not that I believe anything written in the press about Manly players.

Now there is no way in hell I would change jobs for that sort of money so why would an international footballer even consider it? The answer of course his manager wants to squeeze every cent of his 7%.
I think you will find it is a difference of 200k over 3 years. Your point still has merit. 66k per year before tax. Minus relocation costs, or travel time.
Our views are biased so hard to comment on the player groups. I know where I would prefer to play

lsz said:
Hey Mick - it was more about the "i get the feel he has knocked back Des" which is based in as much fact as a Daily Tele article

I'm sure I could get a job at the daily telecrap with the amount of **** I write on here.:p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2