Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top End Eagle said:
Thanks for the update on Shackleton mr I. I love it when you come on our site and tell us things about our club.
Mr I. only turns up to give us advice after a loss. He doesn't have any info for us after a win.

MrInvisible said:
No idea what's going on on this one (from a Bulldogs perspective) BUT Manly did sign up Shackleton recently, which may stretch funds.

That said I'm not worried either way. He can be a game changer, but has his fair share of injuries, and if he came to the Dogs, would cost us a few juniors I'm certain.

Manly deserve to keep him, and I feel they will.

TRex is definitely not going to Parra, 8 players have asked for early releases from Parra and been denied by Kearney. Seems that club goes from bad to worse.

Shackleton is the replacement for Lussick who is going to the eels

Top End Eagle said:
Thanks for the update on Shackleton mr I. I love it when you come on our site and tell us things about our club.
Another new user with an attitude, be quick the bandwagon is starting to fall apart!

I thought you'd all like to know. It is confirmed, just the matter of an announcement. I believe it'll won't be until seasons end that he transfers though.

As Tookey states, he's a replacement for Lussick.

As always if you don't want to read my comments, add me to your ignore list.

The thing about T-Rex is, there is a definite up and down side to signing him. At the reported money of 500K per season he needs to be in the starting 13 each week and playing a major role in the team.

Upside: He stays injury free and doesn't attract any suspensions..... He can justify the money.

Downside: He picks up an injury or more likely with his judiciary record, another suspension and he's missing for weeks at a time.

That's the risk for who ever signs him including Manly. I can't see him going back to the eels as that would be a career killer but at the same time I'm surprised the dogs want to spend that much cash on him. They already have a big pack but could do with a top class centre and/or #6.

Anyway, we'll just have to see.

Does he have a TRex one though
3petT-Rex2.gif

Todays Tele has a snippet saying, that the Dogs, today are expected to announce the signing of Tony Williams for 1.6 million over 3 years. They also say, Manly will know turn their attention to keep Matt Ballin. Brett Stewart has put off talks until after origin.

Good luck to TRex if that money is right. I would of thought Manly would of been prepared to pay around the 500k.

Their pack needs a major revamp he is a step in the right direction. Our pack also needs the same revamp in the front row.

That's a lot of money. As much as I want to keep him I don't think he's worth that much. Potentially he could be worth that much but it's a gamble.

But we do need at least 1 forward that has strike and power - that's where he fits the bill.

We need 2 currently average 22-24 yr old who we can develop further but get on the cheap now. The common wisdom is the guys up front dont peak till 26 or older.

voicefromthehill said:
kurri eagle said:
Rather get 2 quality front rowere for the same money.

Apply the Bennett rule - wasn't it no more than $250k for the pigs?

I think what you meant was no more than $250K "above the table" payments for the pigs. This is the Broncos we are talking about when he formulated that theory. You can't tell me he had guys like 70c/litre, Webcke, Thorn, Tallis etc on $250K or less. We are talking quality Origin and International reps here.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8