Trex signs with dogs :(

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
voicefromthehill said:
kurri eagle said:
Rather get 2 quality front rowere for the same money.

Apply the Bennett rule - wasn't it no more than $250k for the pigs?

I think what you meant was no more than $250K "above the table" payments for the pigs. This is the Broncos we are talking about when he formulated that theory. You can't tell me he had guys like 70c/litre, Webcke, Thorn, Tallis etc on $250K or less. We are talking quality Origin and International reps here.

kurri eagle said:
They always had 3rd party deals .

Yes - I should have been a little more verbose in my post. don't waste the cap on the pigs. Third party deals are where they should get their extra $$

Not all of them could have had 3rd party deals when you throw the likes of Lockyer and co on top of those named

I thought that the max total 3rd parties deals per club was $300k? The throughbreds at the broncos worked on cash deals to related family not 3rd party.

i don't think 3rd party deals are the problem. it's not like you can just give them to everyone, each team is only allowed a maximum of 300k in 3rd party deals across their roster.

I think the problem is what constitutes a "third party deal" for the purposes of the cap.

Broncos players receive payments from certain sponsors that they know they would not get if they didn't play for the Broncos, but I don't think they are "third party deals" for the purposes of the cap if those sponsors do not also sponsor the Broncos.

This is my understanding of how the Thoroughbreds get away with it.

Sorry guys! Am I missing something?

Has it been announced that T-Rex is going or are we believing the media that we always say we shouldn't trust?

Lets wait for confirmation from Manly until we make judgements.

Blowfly said:
Sorry guys! Am I missing something?

Has it been announced that T-Rex is going or are we believing the media that we always say we shouldn't trust?

Lets wait for confirmation from Manly until we make judgements.

I think alot of us are referring to rothfield writing there would be an announcement today that he's gone to Canterbury. So it's almost 6pm And no announcement it's like foran he was gone a done deal to the dogs only to stay.

I agree Cameron. Somethings up. He was suppose to make an announcement over last weekend and we have heard nothing official

Perhaps his tossing and turning in his bed like Foz was before he saw the light and decided how much he didn't want to leave the Northern Beaches.

Maybe Whare's early decision to leave is an omen as he knew he was never to going to get the big bucks because T Rex was high priority.

And then there's Lussick and the horrible thought of him heading off to never never land.

and the plot thickens :-/

I've got no idea but I did hear that TRex wanted to stay but that was before Foran resigned. The cap would look different now.

However during the saga when there was speculation that DCE and then Foran were leaving, the club was making statements that they were confident they would besuccessful in resigning them.

I havent heard any similar statements from the club about T Rex.

Rambo1987 said:
I heard Parra have annoucement of signing 4 players on Friday and TRex is one of them along with Lussick and 2 others.

Surely there can't be 4 players in the NRL who are dumb enough to sign with Parra?

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
i don't think 3rd party deals are the problem. it's not like you can just give them to everyone, each team is only allowed a maximum of 300k in 3rd party deals across their roster.

Incorrect, there are two types of third party deals. Deals with current club sponsors are limited to $300k per club. Deals with organisations with no current connection to the club and a bunch of other rules, have NO limit.

Ralphie said:
Incorrect, there are two types of third party deals. Deals with current club sponsors are limited to $300k per club. Deals with organisations with no current connection to the club and a bunch of other rules, have NO limit.

Yes, this is my understanding too Ralphie. The latter type of third party deals are the ones the Broncos use a lot.

MadMarcus said:
Ralphie said:

Yes, this is my understanding too Ralphie. The latter type of third party deals are the ones the Broncos use a lot.

And only a matter of time until Tinkler starts to employ the same at the Knights - that kind of money would surely buy some smart accountants to set up "unconnected companies"

Rambo1987 said:
I heard Parra have annoucement of signing 4 players on Friday and TRex is one of them along with Lussick and 2 others.

Let me guess. Knowing how Parra like their players older...

Darcy Lussick
Peter Sterling
Eric Grothe Snr
Ray Price

???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8