Tooves on controversy corner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How this champion of a
Man was sacked in the first place is beyond me.

He’s not the best man for the job. But he is the second best to Des. Would love to see them back working together

Cam, I know you bang on about it but the chances of that happening have to be zilch to no ****ing way!!

And not because they don’t deserve to be here , simply with the current structure still in place they wouldn’t be welcome.

Last edited:
Cam, I know you bang on about it but the chances of that happening have to be zilch to no ****ing way!!

And not because they don’t deserve to be here , simply with the current structure still in place they wouldn’t be welcome.
Zorba would have to move on and Penn eat humble pie. I hope the first happens but I can't see the second as a possibility.

I believe Toovey said he would apply knowing that ZtC and Penns won't employ him.
I believe his yes was more about letting other teams know he is available and keen to be coaching again.

Just heard Tooves on Triple M, the bloke is unbelievable. Doesn’t have a bad word to say about the club even though he was obviously shafted.

Said he believes the Penns have received some poor advice over the past few years and again obviously would love to come back but doesn’t know if the owners could swallow their pride.

The legend was actually just about to head out for a fish with Des Hasler, wouldn’t you love to be a fly on the boat.

Just heard Tooves on Triple M, the bloke is unbelievable. Doesn’t have a bad word to say about the club even though he was obviously shafted.

Said he believes the Penns have received some poor advice over the past few years and again obviously would love to come back but doesn’t know if the owners could swallow their pride.

The legend was actually just about to head out for a fish with Des Hasler, wouldn’t you love to be a fly on the boat.
He is all class. The club desparately need him and des back.
Toovey is a club legend but I’ll be the first to admit that I believe he didn’t have what it takes to be head coach. But in saying that he should be back in some capacity at the club and it would be perfect as assistant to des. It’s taken 7 years for me to want des back but the time is now right.

Got to admire Tooves' ability to rise above his disgraceful treatment and stay very measured in his responses, they can't get him to bag the joint no matter how hard they try. Just never gives the impression he is putting self interest ahead of the club - there's a few who could learn some lessons from that.

Clear and simple for us to have any chance to get back to any resemblance of what we all love which is the true mainly sea eagles Des and 2Vs both in some capacity have to be involved BUT we all know it won’t happen.

Penn will go with Henry and the writing will be on the wall for this once famous club.
Every since the 2014 semi final loss to the dogs we have never been the same since. That was the last game when we truly played like the old Manly.

So 'ow many coaches is that we 'ave 'ad in the last 20 years?

That damn song! We used to sing a version of it in primary school, and I grew up thinking King Henry the 8th was the 8th husband "of some widow (Queen) next door."

sheesh

That damn song! We used to sing a version of it in primary school, and I grew up thinking King Henry the 8th was the 8th husband "of some widow (Queen) next door."

Good to know that I can annoy the crap out of someone by playing a simple song. Stored away for future use

I chucked when I heard that. Tooves a cheeky little bugger. He goes I was Des is Captain for all those years.

I think he would make a great GM of football with Des as coach. They seem to work well together despite being different beasts.

I hate Zorba with a passion but he has a man crush on Des. I just hope the fat prick is in penns ear to get Des back.

I chucked when I heard that. Tooves a cheeky little bugger. He goes I was Des is Captain for all those years.

I think he would make a great GM of football with Des as coach. They seem to work well together despite being different beasts.

I hate Zorba with a passion but he has a man crush on Des. I just hope the fat prick is in penns ear to get Des back.

I kind of hope this is all just mountain and mole hill stuff mate at the club, and it's all a strategy to invite investment in both facilities and resources.

We are such a young club, we need consistency.

I'm hoping normality returns soon. We make a few hires. We get the Govt. grant. Trent re-affirms his loyalty.

I'm then expecting a much better and improved 19, with Elgey, Sironen, Koroisou and another bigger name player all new(ish) to the team from this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6