Tooves on controversy corner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Toovey said would apply for Manly job if the job became available.

Said Manly still has the same amount of resources that got them to 4 grandfinals recently.

Basically calling Barrett out on his piss weak excuses.

Edit: this is why you need Manly people leading Manly. Pride and get the job done, not sulk in the corner worring about your hair gel

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's all well and good to say Toovey and des got it done with the resources we have, we also had a once in a generation team.

I like that Trent is trying to put pressure on the owners to commit more funds/staff/resources to the club, think about recruitment for instance, off contract players go see all these well resourced clubs, then see what we have. It makes their decision for them, Except for journeymen or second chancer's which have made up a lot of our more recent recruitment.

I'm still not convinced Toovey was a great coach, he had a great squad and I think that contributed to his coaching record more than his ability as a coach. I'm not convinced on Barrett either, but that's who we got.

I don't know how this is all going to play out, but Toovey coaching again with the same resources from ten years ago isn't likely to drag us upto the level of the upper echelon of clubs.

I know this post will get disliked, but that's just how I see it. History/tradition can inhibit, just as easily as it can propel you forward

Last edited:
Why about the stupidity of Buzz putting down the resources at Manly then a few minutes later talking about the money wasted by Penrith in the last 8 yrs.

Which is it Buzz?

Highly unlikely that it would happen but ppl like Tooves would change the direction of the club in a good way. No excuses just get the job done.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8