Tooves on controversy corner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I could be mistaken but I believe DCG is ZtH
Whilst acknowledging that I am telling many people to grab the straw and suck some eggs, Deep Creek runs into Narrabeen Lakes near Sea Eagles’ HQ.

‘Deep Throat’ was a highly placed FBI figure who leaked info to Woodward and Bernstein regarding the Watergate break in.

Hence Deep (Creek) Goat.

Although Ritchie and Rothfield are no Woodward and Bernstein.

Whilst acknowledging that I am telling many people to grab the straw and suck some eggs, Deep Creek runs into Narrabeen Lakes near Sea Eagles’ HQ.

‘Deep Throat’ was a highly placed FBI figure who leaked info to Woodward and Bernstein regarding the Watergate break in.

Hence Deep (Creek) Goat.

Although Ritchie and Rothfield are no Woodward and Bernstein.
I’m sorry TZ but this one just isn’t sticking for me. As I understand it goats can stand on the sides of mountains and not lose their balance.

We all now know the goat you are referring to could never achieve that even if he was standing in three week old tomato sauce littered with pastry crumbs..

I can see Des coming back but Tooves would be a million to one I reckon

I agree, under the current management and the way things were handled last time Toovey was coach i think his application would be glossed over/trashed without an interview as that would be a huge humble turd for the Penns to swallow.

He did say that Des would be keen to come back if the opportunity was there, and i don't think that it's that far fetched that IF that did happen that Tooves would be involved within the club somehow in the coaching structure. Again don't know if the Penns would entertain that idea either but they are running out of credible options. The personnel turnover in the time they took over has been a shocker and it would put doubts in any newbies wanting to take up positions within the club.

It's really come as no surprise that it's as clear as anything that the Penns have underestimated the knock on effect of getting rid of Toovey, any fan you speak to and i'm not just talking about Manly either says he got the shafted and didn't deserve it. I think the Penns lost a lot of respect from long time members when they did this and the whole 'It's a results driven business' line used to justify the decision is/was the biggest BS lie.

He did have some awesome playing talent in that team he had and ppl probably still say his win/loss record wasn't as good as it should have been. However let's not forget that it doesn't matter if you have a top squad *insert NQLD and Green in here* you still have to be able to get the best out of them. In his last season he had a pretty hard time with both halves leaving then DCE re-signing, a long list of injuries, a star studded backline that was getting on in age and a fwd pack that couldn't knock the skin off a custard and still got us within a whisker of the finals. I still remember that win against Brisbane that season (marvels jersey round) as the most satisfying win of that season.

Watching him last night and any time he appears on screen brings a smile to my face because as far as honestly goes you won't find a better person with anything to do with NRL. Best bit of it all is he loves the club even the way he was treated.

Just watched.:D
What an absolute legend!:h:
Bring him home Manly!
tumblr_mra6i9WnsJ1qcm23vo3_250.gif

Bring Manly back to Manly!

If Des came back, made the top four say two years running, how long till he took a big payday at another club who were happy to give him full control and a massive payday?
There is a Footy Operations Cap from next year so a ceiling on Coaches salaries is set.

Dez messed up with the Dods cap and no one would touch him.

The rich clubs all have their long term coaches, apart from the Broncos.

I don't think Dez will be back at Manly.

2v should be back as a roster manager :wait:

I think if given another chance he wouldn't do it again he tarnished his record badly at the dogs. You do know he wanted to resign and they said we will see how you go in 2011 first. He wanted an extension and they stuffed it up even after the 40 nil the clowns who did that are to blame imo though des shouldn't of taken staff with him or try to take players
I know Des.

I tried to watch it but Foxtel says my subscription isn't up to it ... I have the full FoxSports package !!! the f****rs want $1.00 .... get kno**ed
From memory I had to login on foxsports.com.au with the same email as my foxtel account email.

The login is down the left menu bar

It is free if you have the sports pack

Capture+_2018-08-13-17-17-10.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8