Tooves on controversy corner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are two groups of people. Those who are still Manly Members. Those who love Manly but hate Penn because of the way 2v was treated.

If Penn has half a brain. He'd be getting the little fella back to the club in some capacity.

A results driven business has always needed Geoff. Someone's ego in having full control took over. But now the dust has settled, and just may be he has bigger issues, fights going on right now. This little side project of running a footy club doesn't have the same charm. Or break even.

Bringing the spiritual leader of this club back, makes perfect sense in more ways than one. Manly hail King Geoff!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...h/news-story/a7c6bded3133d566d7090a0b2cd90c91

Sea Eagles: Could Geoff Toovey return as coach?
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
August 13, 2018 2:27pm

SEA Eagles legend Geoff Toovey has revealed he would be a candidate to return as coach of the club should Trent Barrett, the man who replaced him, quit Manly.

The intriguing possibility surfaced following reports on the weekend that Barrett had threatened to leave Manly due to a lack of resources and support.

Toovey, who was sacked by the club in 2015 and replaced by Barrett in 2016, was asked if he would be interested in the job on the Fox League program Controversy Corner on Sunday night.

“I wouldn’t say that at this stage but you never say never,” Toovey said.

“Well, I would definitely put my resume in, of course.”

And he indicated that Des Hasler, another former Sea Eagles coach, would also in the mix.

“I think Dessie would be putting his hand up, there’d be a stack of people in there,” Toovey said

“There would be people lining up to take the job, there would be people lining up down to Brookvale.”

During his 105 games coaching the Sea Eagles between 2012 and 2015 Manly won 61, lost 43 and had one draw for a 58.1 per cent winning percentage.
Toovey: 'I'd put in my CV'

The team made the finals from 2012-14 which included the 2013 grand final which was won by the Roosters.

The only players remaining at the club from that 2013 side are Daly Cherry-Evans and Jorge Taufua.

In 2015 the team finished ninth.

People wanting the link would be better served to see the discussion on the show as it doesn't match up with the sensationalist tripe the MD and lemme guess...the sporting news are trying to peddle.

Show:

Hughes/buzz/whoever: So Geoff, would you apply for the coach's job?

GT: Nah not at this time guys.

Everyone: Oh c'mon mate, mate come on, c'mon mate, mate mate surely mate c'mon dude where's my car!

GT: Ah well, I guess you'd never say never but a lot would probably want it, even Des.

Gutter press: Holy crap, can we sensationalise the **** out of this throwaway line!!!!!

Thanks m8, I tried ... it doesn't me

Check your eligibility here
https://www.foxsports.com.au/fox-sports-subscription

Capture+_2018-08-14-06-32-59.png

When you create your free Foxtel ID it must match your Foxtel Account email that you get bill notifications to.

I used a generic one and had to call them to change the ID email - long wait for the call center

People wanting the link would be better served to see the discussion on the show as it doesn't match up with the sensationalist tripe the MD and lemme guess...the sporting news are trying to peddle.

Show:

Hughes/buzz/whoever: So Geoff, would you apply for the coach's job?

GT: Nah not at this time guys.

Everyone: Oh c'mon mate, mate come on, c'mon mate, mate mate surely mate c'mon dude where's my car!

GT: Ah well, I guess you'd never say never but a lot would probably want it, even Des.

Gutter press: Holy crap, can we sensationalise the **** out of this throwaway line!!!!!

To be fair he did go on to say he’d put his CV in. He also said he wouldn’t apply for the Penrith job. I was pretty surprised at all that given the circumstances of his departure, but it just goes to show how much Tooves loves Manly. That’s the real story here.

I do agree it has been overblown and as much as I’d like to see Tooves back it is slim to no chance of happening. But I think he said enough to be clear that if they asked him he would do it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6