Tony Mestrov

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I look forward to you disappearing again (it will mean we are going well), until the next loss, or club crisis, of course.
Mate, don't grab onto the coat tails of what others say. Be an individual, not a sheep. You're rehashing, and that's pretty soft.

Mate, don't grab onto the coat tails of what others say. Be an individual, not a sheep. You're rehashing, and that's pretty soft.

Wtf are you on about?

If multiple people are seemingly saying the same thing, maybe there is some truth to it?

Wait, so did Mestrov oversee this mess? If not, who was the caretaker?

Any half competent business would give their employees a heads up on changes that affect them.

Don't go there mate. Apparently Mestrov is completely in the dark, not aware of anything in or around the club because he doesn't start for a week. Day one (according to those in this thread) he'll come in and be blind to everything, and it'll all be foreign / new to him. Therefore he couldn't have (at least) told the interim CEO to step forward to answer the marketing and sales questions asked of Des and DCE.

Lastly, please don't question it, because your opinion is driving a wedge between fans - and please, despite making your opinion known the week the actual situation happened, only do so after a win (despite the fact we are a.400 team now) because you only post when Manly lose haha.

The unwashed herd, is moving.

Last edited:
Wait, so did Mestrov oversee this mess? If not, who was the caretaker?

Any half competent business would give their employees a heads up on changes that affect them.
Mestrov ‘s contract doesn’t start until 1 August. He is not the acting CEO.

He is not a representative of the club until 1 August.

Anything that he says would only be his opinion based on media, rumours and hearsay.

Mestrov ‘s contract doesn’t start until 1 August. He is not the acting CEO.

He is not a representative of the club until 1 August.

Anything that he says would only be his opinion based on media, rumours and hearsay.

He'd be intimately across all aspects.of the club including cashflow, marketing, decision making, process, governance, sponsorship, player acquisition/ retention, media already.

He's a CEO. He's not coming in blind.

He had the capacity to ask our interim CEO to do the interview, or at least request that Scott Penn Video it from the U.S. - or talk to the players involved.

Secondly, if after a brief convo with Penn the players agreed to wear the jerseys next year, why couldn't he have done the same thing this year? This issue was mid week wasn't it?

The good thing about all this happening now is that Mestrov starts on Monday. He gets to start AFTER it has all played out (including the game last night), and he comes in as a fresh voice to all in the Club.
It's also no coincidence that Penn flew in yesterday.
The timing feels good to me.

He'd be intimately across all aspects.of the club including cashflow, marketing, decision making, process, governance, sponsorship, player acquisition/ retention, media already.

He had the capacity to ask our interim CEO to do the interview, or at least request that Scott Penn Video it from the U.S. - or talk to the players involved.

Secondly, if after a brief convo with Penn the players agreed to wear the jerseys next year, why couldn't he have done the same thing this year? This issue was mid week wasn't it?
Sorry to disagree!

He is not the CEO. He cannot represent the company, maybe he did ask the interim ceo to do something …. Maybe the acting ceo said get nicked…. He has zero authority…. You compare him to Penn. Penn does have an interest in the business as the controlling shareholder.

Yeah you'd hope that he would at least privately be empowered to get his way on issues behind the scenes considering he would have to clean up the mess.

I still just am struggling to understand how no-one thought to question why the players weren't engaged as stakeholders.

Yeah you'd hope that he would at least privately be empowered to get his way on issues behind the scenes considering he would have to clean up the mess.

I still just am struggling to understand how no-one thought to question why the players weren't engaged as stakeholders.

Mate, despite what you're reading here, he'd be getting consulted in all aspects of the business, and he wouldn't be sitting there like a stone not replying. He'd be giving input and feedback, particularly because he'd be involved in the ongoing processes when he's onboard.

If I was going into a business, and all this media blowup happened, I'd be on the phone sorting it out with people who WERE actively employed (if I wasn't able to).

I don't honestly get that people don't get this haha. I'm glad at least some people are getting it, so thanks champion.

True. Don’t blame Mestrov……Blame the acting CEO.

True. Don’t blame Mestrov……Blame the acting CEO.

MT, pretend you're starting a job in 4 days (forget the Sea Eagles), I mean ANY job, and the media blows up on a very polarising subject involving your business, particularly a matter that affects your business brand (even with coverage overseas), what do you do?

Be honest, do you hide away, and say/do nothing?

Or do you, despite there being 96 hours to start your job, actually be pro-active and fix things? That could INCLUDE demanding an interim CEO or owner stepping up.

If it's the first one, fair enough, no harm, that's your opinion.

MT, pretend you're starting a job in 4 days (forget the Sea Eagles), I mean ANY job, and the media blows up on a very polarising subject involving your business, particularly a matter that affects your business brand (even with coverage overseas), what do you do?

Be honest, do you hide away, and say/do nothing?

Or do you, despite there being 96 hours to start your job, actually be pro-active and fix things? That could INCLUDE demanding an interim CEO or owner stepping up.

If it's the first one, fair enough, no harm, that's your opinion.
1. I wait until start
2. I investigate exactly what happened. I speak to the management team , the players that had issues and anyone else involved in the implementation process including any external marketing or PR contractors
3. I determine what went wrong and/ or what could have been done better
4 I don’t answer media questions until I have a clear picture on point 3
5 I would be very careful taking sides as media tend to twist the story around

Ryan , sorry to disagree, but I would definitely say nothing prior to doing the above.

1. I wait until start
2. I investigate exactly what happened. I speak to the management team , the players that had issues and anyone else involved in the implementation process including any external marketing or PR contractors
3. I determine what went wrong and/ or what could have been done better
4 I don’t answer media questions until I have a clear picture on point 3
5 I would be very careful taking sides as media tend to twist the story around

Ryan , sorry to disagree, but I would definitely say nothing prior to doing the above.

Fair enough mate. Different views. As a business, we need to be on the front foot imo, and deter issues , rather than reacting once the issue has occured.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8