Tony Mestrov

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He should have fronted the media, and said, "I don't start for another week, but felt it pertinent to come forward, and explain the club's position to all the stake holders".

That's called being proactive , and on the front foot. And it would have protected Des and DCE.

Strike one, for me.

Also, to all who disagreed here, I take comfort in the fact that you obviously have absolutely zero business acumen, experience or more importantly, public relations when it comes to advertising & managing your brand.

Also, to all who disagreed here, I take comfort in the fact that you obviously have absolutely zero business acumen, experience or more importantly, public relations when it comes to advertising & managing your brand.
How would you know if the guy isn't overseas on holidays before he starts Monday, and I'm sure a ten minute phone call would get to the bottom of the debacle

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

I tend to agree with the sentiment of your post Ryan and would like to throw my three-cents in (no longer two-cents, inflation is a rampant beast at the moment):

* As alluded to in the post by cc eagle, could it be possible that he is away on leave (and yes, with modern technology he might have been consulted but we are talking about an Owner who is one of the most reactive businessmen in the sport).

* Pursuant to his contract of employment/executive agreement, Tony may be restricted from making any comment whatsoever on any matter/s prior to his commencement date, noting any commentary could bind both he and the club, where any comments could be seen to be under imprimatur of the Club when the Club may not have agreed with his comments (n.b. I am sure that Tony would have sough to have had "his commentary cleared" with the Club but I wouldn't hold my breath that they would have been expeditious in clearing his commentary for release).

* The acting CEO who I am led to believe is also an Owner along with the existing executive leadership group should have gotten on the front foot and addressed the media.

* I find it quite interesting that a predominate amount of commentary regarding the lack of leadership is directed towards Scott Penn (warranted to an extent and I am certainly not a defender of his tenure as an Owner) however the acting CEO is also an Owner and would have been acutely aware of the explosion surrounding this issue and for me, this is a more damning reflection on the Club wherein the Owner, with the full gamut of resources across the business units in the Club, saw no need to front the media and show a level of accountability that is clearly lacking in the upper echelon of management in our Club.

* I suspect that this "issue" has provided Mr. Mestrov with an insight into the furnace that is the corporate governance policies within the Club; perhaps he did not wish to impinge on the matter or he may not have been allowed to provide a comment.

Finally, I wish Tony all the very best with the role, he is an excellent, articulate, considered and measured officeholder and employee, traits that I pray permeate through the remainder of the Board, Management and Staff of our Club.

“One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes...and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Perhaps the Board of our Club should take heed of the late Eleanor Roosevelt's advice...and lead from the front not from behind your Coach and Captain.

Heard of Teams, Skype, Zoom, Whereby, GoToMeeting, Webex - I could go on. This is a pretty important situation around the sporting nation.

That goes well against your "play the ball not the man" mantra you use.

I'm not name calling or abusing, I'm making an observation about people's experience levels in and around SME, their small business operational experience, corporate governance knowledge and all that. Generally speaking, not many people do (so the hypothesis is sound).

Point remains - the interim CEO (if not him), then the incoming CEO should have addressed the media rather than hanging the coach and captain out to dry in an area they are not familiar with.

He should have fronted the media, and said, "I don't start for another week, but felt it pertinent to come forward, and explain the club's position to all the stake holders".

That's called being proactive , and on the front foot. And it would have protected Des and DCE.

Strike one, for me.

The owner Scott Penn had that opportunity and he declined.
Tony may have offered and that could have been rejected by Penn. We don't know.
He hasn't started the job, how about give him that chance to do that first.

Or do you only give sympathy to CEO's that break the law and have to resign immediately.

The owner Scott Penn had that opportunity and he declined.
Tony may have offered and that could have been rejected by Penn. We don't know.
He hasn't started the job, how about give him that chance to do that first.

Or do you only give sympathy to CEO's that break the law and have to resign immediately.

I'm not sure if you're glossing over, "the interim" or incoming?

Thanks Ryan. I googled. Nothing to say that an incoming CEO should publicly comment on the position until he or she sits in the chair. More enlightenment needed.

Sometimes I think I like some of your posts, then I read tripe like this it makes me reassess. Mestrov should not be expected to be involved in this until he has to be. I have never heard anything like that and welcome examples.

It’s a bad trait to always think you are the smartest one in the room. There is also a saying that if you ARE the smartest one on the room, then you are in the wrong room. That doesn’t apply here necessarily, but there is still something to take from that saying

Sometimes I think I like some of your posts, then I read tripe like this it makes me reassess. Mestrov should not be expected to be involved in this until he has to be. I have never heard anything like that and welcome examples.

It’s a bad trait to always think you are the smartest one in the room. There is also a saying that if you ARE the smartest one on the room, then you are in the wrong room. That doesn’t apply here necessarily, but there is still something to take from that saying
You are right. The current ceo can speak on behalf of the club, in rare circumstances so can the chairman. Where the chairman speaks on behalf of the company, it is generally only on vary rare cases and it is generally divisive and implies that a ceo does not have the support of the board. It happened with Telstra and Onetel. Anyway I digress. An incoming ceo would only be able to give his personal opinion without being involved in any of the meetings, he would not be representing the company. By him giving his personal opinion based on innuendo and hear say would only fraction the management team further.

And you have zero clue about how big business and contracts actually work.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4