Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Would love to see Tom W get first crack at bench utility role instead of Brown.

10-15 minutes of Tom's footwork could do real damage late in a half.

Not sure how he'd cover Api at hooker if needed, but can cover most backline positions and is big enough for cameo in back row if needed.

Would be good way to get Tom used to first grade before he nails centre spot.

Brown okay, but with two backrowers (Joel/Sirro) who can play 80, plus possibly a third backrower on bench (Lane/Frank), case for Brown as forward replacement weakens.

My bench is:
14. Tom
15. AFB
16. Perret
17. Lane

I just don’t believe he is ready defensively for hooker or backrow. I see him as an option for centre - and even then his defence will need improvement. I do think he will be a first grader, it will be interesting to see if it’s this year or next.

Our coach wants Tom to focus on the centre position . He believes Tom will develop into a star centre . A lot will depend on how these young blokes go in the trials . If we are to go up one gear from last year than we must improve from the old and slow Brown. With Brown we know what we are going to get and that is the same 15 min game time sht off the bench . I hope a young one steps up and gives the team some life off the bench and the opposition something to think about .

There's no way Wright would be cutting it defensively in the middle of the park. I'll be surprised if he even gets a crack in the NRL backline this year unless we get hammered by injuries. He'd be behind Wright and Parker for sure unless he improves out of sight for Blacktown.

He will get a few cracks at the centres throughout the year with injuries and if he is good enough to take those chances then good on him

If Walker is not fit I would currently have Parker and Kelly as my centres but it all depends on trials

He will make his debut at centre this year. Baz believes that's his spot but he can also play anywhere 1 to 7 in the backline so he is a good utility but maybe not for the bench. He like most NYC graduates isnt an excellent defender so not backrow just yet and he isnt a hooker. Id give the 14 to Fainu or Croker if he doesnt get the 6 jersey.

Would love to see Tom W get first crack at bench utility role instead of Brown.

10-15 minutes of Tom's footwork could do real damage late in a half.

Not sure how he'd cover Api at hooker if needed, but can cover most backline positions and is big enough for cameo in back row if needed.

Would be good way to get Tom used to first grade before he nails centre spot.

Brown okay, but with two backrowers (Joel/Sirro) who can play 80, plus possibly a third backrower on bench (Lane/Frank), case for Brown as forward replacement weakens.

My bench is:
14. Tom
15. AFB
16. Perret
17. Lane
I like it, thinking outside the box. It’s been a while since we have had the problem of fitting so many good players into seventeen... and I believe as this season progresses, the problem will only increase. Thereby going against entropy, which tells us that everything is in a state of decline.

Try telling that to those pea brains on Facebook who are convinced Wright will be our 5/8 and that no one else is or should even be in the running......
Facebook Manly supporters! And when there is a site such as this available to all. It’s a travesty...Facebook supporters should be reserved for clubs like the Dogs, Slime and Bunnies.

Our coach wants Tom to focus on the centre position . He believes Tom will develop into a star centre . A lot will depend on how these young blokes go in the trials . If we are to go up one gear from last year than we must improve from the old and slow Brown. With Brown we know what we are going to get and that is the same 15 min game time sht off the bench . I hope a young one steps up and gives the team some life off the bench and the opposition something to think about .
Before i read your post Bozo i skimmed through it first and there it was sticking out like dogs balls BROWN . Love your work.

BREAKING NEWS

Manly Sea Eagles Re-Sign Lewis Brown for 3 years.
17 January 2018

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman and coach Trent Barrett fronted the assembled media at Narrabeen this morning to announce that former New Zealand international second rower Lewis Brown has been re-signed to the Northern Beaches based club for a further 3 years.

Speaking openly, Barrett told the media that "Lewis has been an essential part of our team growth over the past two seasons and we decided to reward him for his hard work". The contract will see Brown remain a Sea Eagle until the end of the 2021 season. In a move that will surely annoy those on the Silvertails fan site, Barrett also stated that "The number 14 jumper is his as long as he wants it".

I think Tom will only get a run in first grade if there are injuries . He is most likely behind Kelly and Parker till Walker gets back . Same with injuries at the 5/8 position he will be behind Hastings and Crocker , I know a few have said he won’t play 5/8 but if injuries do accur he could get a run there

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4