Tom turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The poor coaching, pathetic fitness levels, poor team attitude and culture, a salary cap 600k lower than all other teams, paying 500k for Myles to go on holiday, a lack of ball-playing teamate, etc, ect, the list goes on, cannot be blamed in any way on DCE.
I don't have the interest to go through it all with you but he was pretty good really and kicked at 78.31%. Not bad for a backup kicker.

2nd last is not anywhere near acceptable to me.
Finishing out of the 8 is not acceptable.

A RL teams performance is just that...a TEAM performance, and that team includes coaching staff at the head.

Maybe you are not being a "hard-marker"... maybe you are just being blind or unfair by blaming any of the Barrett led failures on him.
As @Woodsie has so eloquently pointed out in the past... Baz didn’t have a list manager, or a sprint coach...so we really were doomed for failure last season.

6C2A5806-1D62-40AA-8589-F87FDDE79CB5.jpeg
Get down to the Mall and Turbo himself!!

As @Woodsie has so eloquently pointed out in the past... Baz didn’t have a list manager, or a sprint coach...so we really were doomed for failure last season.
Most Importantly, Baz didnt have a fcking clue feathered friend . No bloody Idea

The Ballad of rookie head coach Trent Barrett ....

Another ineffectual day at the head office
Baz lost for words , lost for answers , lost for solutions ,

Jake seems deflated by it all . No inspiration coming from his head coach what so ever

The end result? Our season finished down the bottom end of the ladder

external.jpg

Most Importantly, Baz didnt have a fcking clue feathered friend . No bloody Idea

The Ballad of rookie head coach Trent Barrett ....

Another ineffectual day at the head office
Baz lost for words , lost for answers , lost for solutions ,

Jake seems deflated by it all . No inspiration coming from his head coach what so ever

The end result? Our season finished down the bottom end of the ladder

View attachment 10689
Yes Bozo!!! You have me mate... I’m a believer. Trent Barrett’s tenure will be a thing for Manly fans to look back on and shake their heads at for years to come. Peter Sharp is smiling though... the baton has well and truly been handed over.

Yes Bozo!!! You have me mate... I’m a believer. Trent Barrett’s tenure will be a thing for Manly fans to look back on and shake their heads at for years to come. Peter Sharp is smiling though... the baton has well and truly been handed over.

Baz was on $600 grand a season . The fact is any Tom , Dick and Harry could have coached Manly to wooden spoon level for $ 50 grand and saved our club some money lol
Tom-Dick-and-Harry-jpeg.jpg

So the question now needs to be asked. We are paying over $1mil /year on a player that breaks down every season and fundamentally his body cannot play at this level for any more than 1/3 -1/2 of a season. He's the best fullback in the game but if he can't play a full season then it's costing us bigtime. Too late now he's signed till 2026 I think but geez you have to wonder now is it worth it

So the question now needs to be asked. We are paying over $1mil /year on a player that breaks down every season and fundamentally his body cannot play at this level for any more than 1/3 -1/2 of a season. He's the best fullback in the game but if he can't play a full season then it's costing us bigtime. Too late now he's signed till 2026 I think but geez you have to wonder now is it worth it
he's a lanky kid and will get stronger. Grew too fast

Lots of players have injuries they overcome and come back stronger then ever ie tedesco.. maybe tommy needs to adjust the way he runs like teddy did. The queen gutho is another example

Story:
Manly puzzled over Trbojevic's hamstring issues

Marc Churches

Frustrations are growing at the Manly Sea Eagles with the club still unsure as to why Tom Trbojevic continues to succumb to hamstring injuries, according to his brother and teammate, Jake Trbojevic.

Fullback Tom Trbojevic was ruled out for six weeks on Monday after he went down with a hamstring injury in Manly's win over the Raiders last Sunday.

The 23-year-old is no stranger to soft tissue complaints after suffering two separate injures last year.

According to his brother Jake, Tom had spent the entire off-season preparing himself to avoid injuries like the one he suffered on the weekend.

Full story link:

And in the back of Clitho’s mind -“If only I had rejoined Manly this year! I could be playing fullback for the team I really love, rather than a bunch of losers representing a pack of Zoobs out in the never never-like badlands of Sydney’s midrange western slum zones. I can’t even bring myself to live in Castle Hill or Carlingford, let alone Holroyd or Harris Park!”

Or thoughts to that effect.

And in the back of Clitho’s mind -“If only I had rejoined Manly this year! I could be playing fullback for the team I really love, rather than a bunch of losers representing a pack of Zoobs out in the never never-like badlands of Sydney’s midrange western slum zones. I can’t even bring myself to live in Castle Hill or Carlingford, let alone Holroyd or Harris Park!”

Or thoughts to that effect.

Gutho is a lost cause mate. He really thinks he's the King of the Worms.

It doesn't look like Turbo will be back until round 17 when we start what, on paper, looks like a dream run into the finals. We play: Tigers, Dogs, Titans and Worriers.
Let's hope our 'bandaid' team has managed to keep us in finals contention by then because with a reinvigorated Turbo we could be in terrific shape when it really counts.

Ok so now that Turbo is basically gone for most of the rest of the season it's time to blood a proper replacement fullback. I'd like to see either Funa or Albert Hoppa groomed. Hoppa has all the skills , size and speed to do it. It's just his injury issues that's held him back. We can't continue to run with the makeshift Elliot after this year. We need 2 first grade fullbacks in the squad now that Turbo is an injury liability.

Story:
Manly puzzled over Trbojevic's hamstring issues
Full story link:
"During the off-season, Manly had resorted to an Australian invention called the NordBord - A device to help prevent further tears in Trbojevic's hamstrings.
"It tests your strength, they (hamstrings) were very strong," Jake added."

Geez let's dump this Nordberg.
Surely we'd try to get the best advice from NFL or NBL or EPL for heaven's sake, their players are worth many millions so let's assume they are getting the best advice.

It doesn't look like Turbo will be back until round 17 when we start what, on paper, looks like a dream run into the finals. We play: Tigers, Dogs, Titans and Worriers.
Let's hope our 'bandaid' team has managed to keep us in finals contention by then because with a reinvigorated Turbo we could be in terrific shape when it really counts.
Where did u hear round 17 Who? I thought it was 4 to 8 weeks which is 11-15 , might be splitting hairs I know but that’s nearly 3 months .it is what it is I guess but 4-8 weeks sounds better than round 17

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6