Tom turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cant wait too see tommy turbo this year. A year smarter and stronger. Going to be break out year for him i think. Best thing is i dont think we'l see his best for another 2 years or so when he will be an absolute beast. Barring injuries off coarse.

Hmmm so 2nd last is ok with you? Because thats what your chief play maker captain goal kicker got for us. Really we should of been last we were that bad ir have you forgotten. Dce was horrible during the season and deserved to be dropped numerous times. 2nd last and you think im being a hard marker.

The poor coaching, pathetic fitness levels, poor team attitude and culture, a salary cap 600k lower than all other teams, paying 500k for Myles to go on holiday, a lack of ball-playing teamate, etc, ect, the list goes on, cannot be blamed in any way on DCE.
I don't have the interest to go through it all with you but he was pretty good really and kicked at 78.31%. Not bad for a backup kicker.

2nd last is not anywhere near acceptable to me.
Finishing out of the 8 is not acceptable.

A RL teams performance is just that...a TEAM performance, and that team includes coaching staff at the head.

Maybe you are not being a "hard-marker"... maybe you are just being blind or unfair by blaming any of the Barrett led failures on him.

Hmmm so 2nd last is ok with you? Because thats what your chief play maker captain goal kicker got for us. Really we should of been last we were that bad ir have you forgotten. Dce was horrible during the season and deserved to be dropped numerous times. 2nd last and you think im being a hard marker.

Walter you seem to have a real dislike for DCE, virtually blaming him for Manly's poor season.

There were sixteen other players playing those games. And frankly, if you look at the stats, DCE was doing a lot of the hard work that should have been done by the forwards. The problem was there were only two players the opposition had to worry about in attack, TT and DCE. We had no five eighth to effectively share the load, we had the worst injury toll in Manly's history and we had a coach who strategically and in selection of players, lost his way completely.

What I saw was DCE tried his heart out there and probably because he was trying to do everything, he made mistakes. At least he was trying.. Other than Kelly and TT our backline was the slowest in the game and scored less than a third of the tries scored the year before.

Unfortunately the field goal attempts from DCE that won us a batch of games the year before, only came off once last year, a point that saved us from sharing the spoon. We had absolutely no one else of DCEs calibre in the squad for half back, and quite frankly DCE is one of the three best halves in the game. It was not DCEs fault Manly ended up 2nd last

Last edited:
I found Barrett's hardline stance against Hastings strange, considering the news when Hastings joined Manly was all about how he & Baz had known each other since Hastings was a kid because they were neighbors & that Baz would spend hours with him kicking the ball around back in the day - they really spread the whole 'father figure for missing father figure' idea on thick.

Does that remind you of when Foran joined Doesn't-matta and "daddy Arthur" was going to take his game to new heights?

How'd that turn out?

Yeah he had such horrible form last year that he managed to win back the Qld Origin and Australian test halfback spots that he really should never have lost in the first place.

Get real Walter. Without Cherry we wouldn't have finished 2nd last (which was far from his fault BTW, there were a lot of other factors in case you missed it)....we'd have finished lower than the Worms. And you can't get any lower than that.

Cherry was one of our better players in 2018. The big problem was that he was our ONLY half in 2018. Hastings was in the coaches bad books, Croker wasn't up to it, Hodko was never given a real chance at it and Walks was still an out of position centre who while doing better than he did at pivot in 2016, still wasn't close to being an actual half. DCE couldn't do it all himself no matter how good he is.

Even the 'great' Johnathon Thurston led the Cows to a couple of wooden spoons until he got some help out there. And that was with the likes of Matt Scott, Matt Bowen, Luke O'Donnell, Antonio Kafusi, Shannon Hegarty and a young James Tamou in the side....all representative and test players themselves.

Last edited:
Walter you seem to have a real dislike for DCE, virtually blaming him for Manly's poor season.

There were sixteen other players playing those games. And frankly, if you look at the stats, DCE was doing a lot of the hard work that should have been done by the forwards. The problem was there were only two players the opposition had to worry about in attack, TT and DCE. We had no five eighth to effectively share the load, we had the worst injury toll in Manly's history and we had a coach who strategically and in selection of players, lost his way completely.

What I saw was DCE tried his heart out there and probably because he was trying to do everything, he made mistakes. At least he was trying.. Other than Kelly and TT our backline was the slowest in the game and scored less than a third of the tries scored the year before.

Unfortunately the field goal attempts from DCE that won us a batch of games the year before, only came off once last year, a point that saved us from sharing the spoon. We had absolutely no one else of DCEs calibre in the squad for half back, and quite frankly DCE is one of the three best halves in the game. It was not DCEs fault Manly ended up 2nd last
No i like him im just a realist he was crap most of the season and got better towards the end. Do you remember him kicking out on the last? this tactic cost us many a game hes the captain and he made the decision to do so. He wasn't getting us repeat sets he wasn't doing anything but stuffing us over. Or can none of you remember the 1st half of the season? Too many beers or cones me thinks.... bottom line is hes a top player who gets paid the most in our team so i expect him to play like that. Des will get him back to his best and elgey will be a big help to him.

No i like him im just a realist he was crap most of the season and got better towards the end. Do you remember him kicking out on the last? this tactic cost us many a game hes the captain and he made the decision to do so. He wasn't getting us repeat sets he wasn't doing anything but stuffing us over. Or can none of you remember the 1st half of the season? Too many beers or cones me thinks.... bottom line is hes a top player who gets paid the most in our team so i expect him to play like that. Des will get him back to his best and elgey will be a big help to him.
Our problem last year was woeful defence.
I can't remember DCE missing too many tackles.

Yeah he had such horrible form last year that he managed to win back the Qld Origin and Australian test halfback spots that he really should never have lost in the first place.

Get real Walter. Without Cherry we wouldn't have finished 2nd last (which was far from his fault BTW, there were a lot of other factors in case you missed it)....we'd have finished lower than the Worms. And you can't get any lower than that.

Cherry was one of our better players in 2018. The big problem was that he was our ONLY half in 2018. Hastings was in the coaches bad books, Croker wasn't up to it, Hodko was never given a real chance at it and Walks was still an out of position centre who while doing better than he did at pivot in 2016, still wasn't close to being an actual half. DCE couldn't do it all himself no matter how good he is.

Even the 'great' Johnathon Thurston led the Cows to a couple of wooden spoons until he got some help out there. And that was with the likes of Matt Scott, Matt Bowen, Luke O'Donnell, Antonio Kafusi, Shannon Hegarty and a young James Tamou in the side....all representative and test players themselves.
Dont be a smart ass who else did they have to choose from? Ben hunt? Lol and if dce was so good as you say why wasn't he picked for game 1 and 2? He played well and i was happy for him but for us he was average most of the year until the backend when he realized the spoon was ours and he tried his ass off

No i like him im just a realist he was crap most of the season and got better towards the end. Do you remember him kicking out on the last? this tactic cost us many a game hes the captain and he made the decision to do so.
I thought it was pretty clear that was the game plan - and that was when Barrett lost me completely.

So when the forwards go backwards, miss tackles and DCE has no room it’s his fault? Who do you think told him to kick it out on the last constantly? I guarantee you the architect of that was mr hair gel himself! Despite all of that, he was still in the top 3 halves in the comp in 2018.

Dont be a smart ass who else did they have to choose from? Ben hunt? Lol and if dce was so good as you say why wasn't he picked for game 1 and 2? He played well and i was happy for him but for us he was average most of the year until the backend when he realized the spoon was ours and he tried his ass off

Really, you need to ask why he wasn't picked for Qld in games 1 and 2 of Origin last year?

Have you been living out on Pluto or something and only just got back last week?

And to say that he only tried for Manly once he realised that we could get the wooden spoon.....who is your dealer and where can we all score some because that seems to be some wickedly good $hit you're smoking there.

What next.....Barrett should have won the Dally M Coach of the Year award?

Reasonable points there Walter. However I guess one has to ask what motivated such decisions making. This is a top level half with a team not functioning on all cylinders, partly because of substantial injuries and partly because of questionable instructions.

Now we don't know what instructions DCE was following but strategy issues are usually what coaches are responsible for especially followed by the captain. If he was acting contrary to Barret's' instructions, his job would be on the line. But it also speaks to the confidence felt regarding the players he was captaining in the club. Remember this fellow is not your average Joe Blow on the sideline, like us supporters, making judgement decisions based on our sideline perspective. This is a highly experienced and well disciplined footballer, a captain, who is the example to his team mates and the primary interpreter of his coach's instructions.

Could it be that he and the coach had insufficient confidence in the side to risk alternative strategies. Usually you can tell the difference if a player repeats the same action. If so its highly likely that is a coach's instruction, not just poor decision making on the field.

Really, you need to ask why he wasn't picked for Qld in games 1 and 2 of Origin last year?

Have you been living out on Pluto or something and only just got back last week?

And to say that he only tried for Manly once he realised that we could get the wooden spoon.....who is your dealer and where can we all score some because that seems to be some wickedly good $hit you're smoking there.

What next.....Barrett should have won the Dally M Coach of the Year award?
Go drive your holden dude and smoke your cones

So when the forwards go backwards, miss tackles and DCE has no room it’s his fault? Who do you think told him to kick it out on the last constantly? I guarantee you the architect of that was mr hair gel himself! Despite all of that, he was still in the top 3 halves in the comp in 2018.
Waaaah? Our forwards did a great job Marty and afb killed it as did jake and lane to a degree.. dce just kicked it out how many times

Are there people who still drive Holdens and Fords in this country. How quaint.:giggle:
I drive one but it was made in 1968 and only has 2 doors. The problem is though half the motor hangs out the bonnet which is really annoying to see past.

Did DCE run over your cat or something?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8