Tom turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He did in fact get a chance in five games (a couple off the bench for only short stints) and struggled a little, but as you said, he needed time and faith. Had one outstanding game that showed his promise. He's now rising to be one of the top inside centres in Australian and World Rugby Union. You're right Eagle. You must give these kids a sense that they are wanted, encouraged and given opportunities. No damage is done testing them out. In fact it enhances them as it shows them where they must develop further. They cant do that sitting on the bench or paying lower grades.
Getting dropped didn't hurt Mat Hayden's cricket in the long run.

Yes he is conservative about that but I've no doubt both those guys have been told to expect their NRL debut this year.
In the past Des has held back the debut of gun talents such as making Foran wait till round 15 in 2009 and Will Hoppa till round 13 in 2010. Frustrating no doubt, but by the time they get picked they are not merely able to survive in first grade, they excel. So I can't knock Des's strategy.

Certainly hope you are right SER and yes Des does tend to hold them back a little. Of course he knows infinitely more than I about such things. Just being my presumptuous self.

Getting dropped didn't hurt Mat Hayden's cricket in the long run.

Yep. Matt was destined to be one of the games best. I remember how many centuries he was scoring early on in his career at Shield level. An awesome talent.. But they found him out with a few weaknesses at test level and he had to go back and work on them. Came back with those weaknesses turned into strengths. But he wouldn't have learned what he needed to know if he hadn't been tested at the top level.

True, I probably oversimplified a tad ;)
But on the topic of how we endure Tom's absence, it was interesting and heartening to hear Des's comment on todays vid about there being many different ways to do it.
That made me think we will not simply be hunkering down for a series of desperate defensive struggles, we will be throwing plenty at our opponents too.
Exactly what, I have no idea, but we won't have to wait too long to find out.

Without Tom we have a pedestrian backline that won't score enough points to defeat the top sides. If we don't start blooding some exciting, fast and skilled young talent soon then we will continue to struggle for points. We can no longer rely on Tom , he is an injury liability.

Because the perennial wooden-spooners offerred him more than we could/would pay and we had the second best NRL FB coming through.

In 2015 Clint actually re-signed for 2 more years at Manly, but by the end of the year he had signed for the Eels. It doesn't make sense that he would suddenly change his mind after a contract was signed.

Clint himself said that he was tapped on the shoulder, in interviews since then.

In 2015 Clint actually re-signed for 2 more years at Manly, but by the end of the year he had signed for the Eels. It doesn't make sense that he would suddenly change his mind after a contract was signed.

Clint himself said that he was tapped on the shoulder, in interviews since then.

Signed on much bigger money no doubt. Him being tapped on the shoulder would have been telling him he is free to look elsewhere because of Tom no?

Any how it happened, it was the right call.

Indeed. Once again, looking through the retrospectroscope - why did Fulton let Clitho walk?

Discuss.
Probably because we are a little more honest about the salary cap than some of our fellow competitors. It's why we couldn't keep JWH, Penny Lane, Green and Api.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8