Tom T to 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Id reply like to see TT to 5/8, similar to how Lockyer, Wighton, Muenster made the transitions.
If he's fit n healthy, his Defence won't be an issue, is a big body with strength and a skill set to match any opposition.
DCE will be under immense pressure in 2023 with Schusters inexperience beside him, however with someone like TT in the halves attracting plenty of attention, DCE will have less pressure to be in/setting up everything.
Schuster to lock, Jake to prop full time (handles it in SOO), either Koula or Garrick to remain at FB.
Thoughts ???

Id reply like to see TT to 5/8, similar to how Lockyer, Wighton, Muenster made the transitions.
If he's fit n healthy, his Defence won't be an issue, is a big body with strength and a skill set to match any opposition.
DCE will be under immense pressure in 2023 with Schusters inexperience beside him, however with someone like TT in the halves attracting plenty of attention, DCE will have less pressure to be in/setting up everything.
Schuster to lock, Jake to prop full time (handles it in SOO), either Koula or Garrick to remain at FB.
Thoughts ???
Schuster's head may actually explode if this was to happen lol

Thoughts ???

Dave, this is not a reflection on your suggestion to move Tom to 5/8 .. Tom would be a good footballer wherever he played ...

But I would pay quids to see the look on Schuster's face in the dressing room when Dessie throws the #6 jersey to Tom ..

Tom can play 5/8 only if he masters the no look pass

1662684334109.png

Tom makes half a dozen tackles a game max, often less... yet has managed to miss huge chunks of footy with a season ending pec tear and a season ending shoulder reco. Putting him in the front line and asking him to make many many many more tackles as the spot defender for 110kg backrowers doesn't seem the answer to me to put it mildly.

Oh and he's the best fullback in the game ( when fit )

No doubt would work and I have felt an option over the past 2-3 years....
But thinking a little deeper on it he is best at 1 where he often operates as a distributor anyways including setting up his outside backs on Both sides of the field
He can float around the field both sides and also play direct through the ruck which is imo his most underrated contribution besides the positive effect he has on his team mates when on the field.
The extra defensive load and pressure also may effect his attacking as well as being planted on 1 side of the field would minimise his input, but your thread has merit and possibilities.

He's not a five-eight. His best position (in attack) is at fullback or the equivalent of an old school outside centre i.e a second fullback (think Manu at the Roosters), with a licence to roam (think Manu). He would still defend in the fullback position. With Koula and Weekes interchanging from the centres, and rotating to play fullback in attack, we would very quickly have one of the more exciting back five combinations in the NRL.
Turbo
Saab
Koula
Weekes
Garrick
PS This will never happen

He's not a five-eight. His best position (in attack) is at fullback or the equivalent of an old school outside centre i.e a second fullback (think Manu at the Roosters), with a licence to roam (think Manu). He would still defend in the fullback position. With Koula and Weekes interchanging from the centres, and rotating to play fullback in attack, we would very quickly have one of the more exciting back five combinations in the NRL.
Turbo
Saab
Koula
Weekes
Garrick
Garrick in the centres also sounds good

Turbo
Saab
Koula
Weekes
Garrick
I like this, but prefer Best for Weekes at centre....though Weekes is a MUST in the 17 and like your post - won't happen, but I like Weekes at 5/8 with the Schu to lock and Jake to front row....Weekes at very least off the bench for impact and could play at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or an electric dummy half

Thoughts ???
I don’t think the Fulton’s would approve

Dave, this is not a reflection on your suggestion to move Tom to 5/8 .. Tom would be a good footballer wherever he played ...

But I would pay quids to see the look on Schuster's face in the dressing room when Dessie throws the #6 jersey to Tom ..
It would be the same look he has when Suli takes the last piece of KFC at the bottom of the bucket.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4