Tom T to 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's not a five-eight. His best position (in attack) is at fullback or the equivalent of an old school outside centre i.e a second fullback (think Manu at the Roosters), with a licence to roam (think Manu). He would still defend in the fullback position. With Koula and Weekes interchanging from the centres, and rotating to play fullback in attack, we would very quickly have one of the more exciting back five combinations in the NRL.
Turbo
Saab
Koula
Weekes
Garrick
PS This will never happen

I like that three quarters

Id reply like to see TT to 5/8, similar to how Lockyer, Wighton, Muenster made the transitions.
If he's fit n healthy, his Defence won't be an issue, is a big body with strength and a skill set to match any opposition.
DCE will be under immense pressure in 2023 with Schusters inexperience beside him, however with someone like TT in the halves attracting plenty of attention, DCE will have less pressure to be in/setting up everything.
Schuster to lock, Jake to prop full time (handles it in SOO), either Koula or Garrick to remain at FB.
Thoughts ???
Hell no!

Yes, your probably right. The current setup has been working beautifully so definetly no need to do anything to differently.
But a good option to discuss Dave so don’t be despondent that most haven’t agreed with it.

The trouble with 5/8 today is there’s so much defence you have to do.

When I played as a kid the 6 & 7 didn’t do that much tackling , they were just there to distribute the ball as quickly as possible.

But these days the 5/8 and 7 are almost like the locks and second rowers of years gone by.

Tom makes half a dozen tackles a game max, often less... yet has managed to miss huge chunks of footy with a season ending pec tear and a season ending shoulder reco. Putting him in the front line and asking him to make many many many more tackles as the spot defender for 110kg backrowers doesn't seem the answer to me to put it mildly.

Oh and he's the best fullback in the game ( when fit )
Tom makes half a dozen tackles a game max, often less... yet has managed to miss huge chunks of footy with a season ending pec tear and a season ending shoulder reco. Putting him in the front line and asking him to make many many many more tackles as the spot defender for 110kg backrowers doesn't seem the answer to me to put it mildly.

Oh and he's the best fullback in the game ( when fit )
They said the same about Lockyer many moons ago. He's not fit enough, too much defence will bust him, Oh and he was the best FB in the game at that time. I think TT could actually turn out to be better then DL.

But a good option to discuss Dave so don’t be despondent that most haven’t agreed with it.

The trouble with 5/8 today is there’s so much defence you have to do.

When I played as a kid the 6 & 7 didn’t do that much tackling , they were just there to distribute the ball as quickly as possible.

But these days the 5/8 and 7 are almost like the locks and second rowers of years gone by.
Thanks Mark. Lockyer for example was the best (subjectively) FB in the game in his era, everyone said he wouldn't survive the 5/8 role due to the workload. Didn't work out to bad in the end though.
Muenster/Wighton are similar positional changes as well.

Thanks Mark. Lockyer for example was the best (subjectively) FB in the game in his era, everyone said he wouldn't survive the 5/8 role due to the workload. Didn't work out to bad in the end though.
Plenty make that swap. Drinkwater has played 5/8, Moylan was a fullback. Jahrome Hughes started as a fullback. Hynes was half in the Manly junior teams, became a fullback at Storm, now a halfback.

Plenty make that swap. Drinkwater has played 5/8, Moylan was a fullback. Jahrome Hughes started as a fullback. Hynes was half in the Manly junior teams, became a fullback at Storm, now a halfba
Tom is the best runner in rugby league.

At 6 he would be a ball distributor and not get much space.

At 1 he can run in space and chime in at playmaker at the right time.

The moral of the story? Don’t
Tom is the best runner in rugby league.

At 6 he would be a ball distributor and not get much space.

At 1 he can run in space and chime in at playmaker at the right time.

The moral of the story? Don’t put him at 6.
Hmmm. Best runner in the game and a ball distributor, pretty good combo i reckon

Id reply like to see TT to 5/8, similar to how Lockyer, Wighton, Muenster made the transitions.
If he's fit n healthy, his Defence won't be an issue, is a big body with strength and a skill set to match any opposition.
DCE will be under immense pressure in 2023 with Schusters inexperience beside him, however with someone like TT in the halves attracting plenty of attention, DCE will have less pressure to be in/setting up everything.
Schuster to lock, Jake to prop full time (handles it in SOO), either Koula or Garrick to remain at FB.
Thoughts ???
Actually think it's a great idea but will never happen, especially after all the Schuster business. He would make a killer 5/8 but when injuries come knocking it would be just as disruptive as now with him at fullback. I believe we should have a spine that doesn't rely on Turbo, so when the inevitable happens we still have continuity. Whe he is actually on the park, a roaming centre would add exceptional x factor against the top 4 sides. But love the innovative suggestion

You are correct in that summation.

As others have alluded I do however wonder is Tom’s physique suited to 5/8 though.

Locky / Pappy / Munster all Vern similar in shape / size.

Tom has the best footy brain in our side. Reads defence so well.
With DCE, croaker, Schuster plus Weekes we have lots of long kick options.
I vote yes.
Garrick fullback
Schuster 2nd row.

He's not a five-eight. His best position (in attack) is at fullback or the equivalent of an old school outside centre i.e a second fullback (think Manu at the Roosters), with a licence to roam (think Manu). He would still defend in the fullback position. With Koula and Weekes interchanging from the centres, and rotating to play fullback in attack, we would very quickly have one of the more exciting back five combinations in the NRL.
Turbo
Saab
Koula
Weekes
Garrick
PS This will never happen
I LOVE this vision!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8