Tom T to 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Tom should play 5/8.
Its obvious that playing fullback put too much stress and strain on his body.
If Jack wighton can transition so wonderfully, why not Tom.

There is a 90% chance that he will get injured again playing fullback in 2023 ,so playing 5/8 (though not his style) could prolong his career and at least see him hopefully go thru the season unscathed.

I don't think so ,not with his running style and the way he takes the line on.He has more room to move out the back.
Plus ,more tackling up front won't help the matter,it might make him shatter.

I think Tom should play 5/8.
Its obvious that playing fullback put too much stress and strain on his body.
If Jack wighton can transition so wonderfully, why not Tom.

There is a 90% chance that he will get injured again playing fullback in 2023 ,so playing 5/8 (though not his style) could prolong his career and at least see him hopefully go thru the season unscathed.

Only other position I'd play Turbo is at centre, where he'd still have plenty of room to move. Had a good understanding with Schuster in '21. If so, obviously Weekes would take the custodian position

Only other position I'd play Turbo is at centre, where he'd still have plenty of room to move. Had a good understanding with Schuster in '21. If so, obviously Weekes would take the custodian position
Fittler worked it out, I reckon 3 is his spot with a roving role and his brother Jake should be our prop and lead the forwards.

Id reply like to see TT to 5/8, similar to how Lockyer, Wighton, Muenster made the transitions.
If he's fit n healthy, his Defence won't be an issue, is a big body with strength and a skill set to match any opposition.
DCE will be under immense pressure in 2023 with Schusters inexperience beside him, however with someone like TT in the halves attracting plenty of attention, DCE will have less pressure to be in/setting up everything.
Schuster to lock, Jake to prop full time (handles it in SOO), either Koula or Garrick to remain at FB.
Thoughts ???
I'd like to see tommy at center like Soo, Jake at prop as soo ,croker to lock Garrick fb

I'd like to see tommy at center like Soo, Jake at prop as soo ,croker to lock Garrick fb

Hadnt considered that opinion about Croker at lock. Worth a thought. Still have Garrick on the wing. If Tom did move to centre, Weekes looks to me the best option at full back

I have a feeling that by round 15 next year any chat against the shoe at 5/8 will be but a thing of the past.
I can see a big off season and a much trimmed down thong hitting the park next year.
I do hope the unrest reported was just smoke and mirrors. He was in a tough place in 22. The only position for him was back row hence his big body. No use trimming down as he wasn't going to play 5/8 in a perfect world so was in no man's land.
Look forward to seeing more Tiger debut style games in 23.
And if not, will Thong be given the Bootster?

Just could not see how Manly would get the best value out of Turbo as a 6 or at centre , when he is on his game and fit , just would not be able to do the dynamic things and plays if not at full back . Able to pick his plays to best effect and put or exert so much more pressure on opposition defences . Whole hearted competitor but any consideration with Croker as a lock would be a retrograde step as well . Turbo with his exceptional ability could play in any number of back line positions but really only one positions again where he is best suited for Manly as it has been since his junior days

Just could not see how Manly would get the best value out of Turbo as a 6 or at centre , when he is on his game and fit , just would not be able to do the dynamic things and plays if not at full back . Able to pick his plays to best effect and put or exert so much more pressure on opposition defences . Whole hearted competitor but any consideration with Croker as a lock would be a retrograde step as well . Turbo with his exceptional ability could play in any number of back line positions but really only one positions again where he is best suited for Manly as it has been since his junior days
Because they get plenty of value from him at fullback ay?

Less involvement at centre would be better. His runs would have more meaning and be destructive.

Running for 200m at fullback doesn’t really count for much when he’s taking prop hit ups.

Because they get plenty of value from him at fullback ay?

Less involvement at centre would be better. His runs would have more meaning and be destructive.

Running for 200m at fullback doesn’t really count for much when he’s taking prop hit ups.
Each to their own , Would just add that he [ Turbo ] won the Daliy M last season playing full back naturally and not even playing the full season and doubt very much if he would even have got close to the award playing as a centre

I supose it coms down to the talent you have especially as long term options. We've seen in SOO that Turbo can be devastating. Maybe not as devastating as at full back but we've seen he handles centre well. The question of Weekes then comes up.. His natural position seems to be full back, though he may be able to fill other positions effectively. I would also be interested in seeing how he handles centre. But if we know Turbo can handle centre brilliantly and Weekes turns out to be ideal for the custodian post, then we have a very effective three quarters, with Koula, Garrick and Saab filling the other posts. Of course, if Turbo isnt happy with that, then its Weekes at centre. Important thing is the young players must be brought through quicker, to give them experience earlier. That's what got Penrith moving.

The issue of Croker at lock may not be as crazy as it seems. Two years ago I would have said madness. But he's developed and two advantages he has that suit lock, is his defense is excellent, and he is far more mobile and quicker than the other forwards in the side. May not work, but his skill set suggest its worth a thought.

Tom needs to pick his moments, was doing to much grunt work bash and barge, he needs to ease of that and take quality and his body will thank him.
The team needs to support that by the grunts getting back to actually do it and the rest of the team not just passing to Tommy unless something is on.

He’d go great at centre. Big and fast enough to straighten the attack ala Foran. But Admiral Des will stick him at fullback to run out of room on the edge. Because none of our current crop of centres can do the straightening thing.

Hadnt considered that opinion about Croker at lock. Worth a thought. Still have Garrick on the wing. If Tom did move to centre, Weekes looks to me the best option at full back
That would work reason I like Tommy at center is he can rest and more impact in runs still can roam and pop up as he does even alternate between position as after he won dally m everyone has worked his fullback role out when he attacks

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6