Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Well then, very interesting opinions out there. I'm out there on whether we should pursue Carney or not. I'm thinking give him a chance - we get a goal kicker? Conversely, I'm thinking give the youngins a chance ie Toovey, Blake? Gee they were terrible ideas!

We then have the NRL hanging the backsides out on deliberating on the counter arguments from Manly on this BS salary cap issue. Manly supposably will get a response next Thursday, which then leaves us 8 days to sign 2 players just to "play" in the competition.

Was at my local having a dinner last night and guess who walked in - Carney's mum walked in. Had a chat with her, and despite our CEO saying nothing was happening on Sports Breakfast, she said a number of discussions have taken place and she was hanging out for her son to return to Sydney and to a great club. Reportable we have $800K available depending on no fine, so Carney at $80- $100K would be a good back up. For F C sake we pay Lewis Brown more? He couldn't be worse.

Just sick of all the BS and lies. It's about time "someone" gave clarity and the truth?

Manly supposably will get a response next Thursday, which then leaves us 8 days to sign 2 players just to "play" in the competition.

Apparently we have 28 contracted players under the salary cap now.

February has 28 days so If "next thursday" means tomorrow we will have 6 days to sign 1 player...

if "next thursday" means thursday of next week we are SOOL with making the "29 player by march 1" deadline coz that day is march 1.

From the NRL website:

At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November,
29 Top 30 players by 1 March,
and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June.

"By march 1" means before 12 midnight on feb 28.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Apparently we have 28 contracted players under the salary cap now.

February has 28 days so If "next thursday" means tomorrow we will have 6 days to sign 1 player...

if "next thursday" means thursday of next week we are SOOL with making the "29 player by march 1" deadline coz that day is march 1.

From the NRL website:

At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November,
29 Top 30 players by 1 March,
and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June.

"By march 1" means before 12 midnight on feb 28.

I been told a rumour that we are going to be releasing a player to ESL, that is what my numbers were based on

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lodge is now mentoring Roberts - lock up your daughters Qld @:mask:
... and neighbours, strangers .... with Lodge out and about is anyone safe? .... the guy has a short fuse ... he should have done gaol time .... imho

My mail (not the hottest of sources though) has Todd conditionally approved and can be announced right after club is cleared of wrongdoing in the cap (but given a warning so Mr T.Slime looks like he's doing something) - Club won't be fined and can now spend full cap, BUT don't expect Todd on the field until at least round six. Sir Slime wants a few final conditions to be met, which all parties have agreed to. Could be training as soon as late next week.

Now to wait and see if i trust this bloke again for his scoops.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My mail (not the hottest of sources though) has Todd conditionally approved and can be announced right after club is cleared of wrongdoing in the cap (but given a warning so Mr T.Slime looks like he's doing something) - Club won't be fined and can now spend full cap, BUT don't expect Todd on the field until at least round six. Sir Slime wants a few final conditions to be met, which all parties have agreed to. Could be training as soon as late next week.

Now to wait and see if i trust this bloke again for his scoops.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, I got an “ in confidence “ text yesterday suggesting the same.

I promised I wouldn’t say anything but as you’ve already said it!!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Well then, very interesting opinions out there. I'm out there on whether we should pursue Carney or not. I'm thinking give him a chance - we get a goal kicker? Conversely, I'm thinking give the youngins a chance ie Toovey, Blake? Gee they were terrible ideas!

We then have the NRL hanging the backsides out on deliberating on the counter arguments from Manly on this BS salary cap issue. Manly supposably will get a response next Thursday, which then leaves us 8 days to sign 2 players just to "play" in the competition.

Was at my local having a dinner last night and guess who walked in - Carney's mum walked in. Had a chat with her, and despite our CEO saying nothing was happening on Sports Breakfast, she said a number of discussions have taken place and she was hanging out for her son to return to Sydney and to a great club. Reportable we have $800K available depending on no fine, so Carney at $80- $100K would be a good back up. For F C sake we pay Lewis Brown more? He couldn't be worse.

Just sick of all the BS and lies. It's about time "someone" gave clarity and the truth?
I would suspect the denials from Gorman could be two-fold:
1) not to draw too much attention to it as the media will hype up in the negative which will put pressure on the NRL to decline the contract submission

2) as there is a high risk it won’t get approved - not to get the hopes up of fans just for it to fall through.

As for the salary cap issue, I’m more and more confident we will get off with a smallish fine and no (or minor) cap adjustment for this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16