Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would suspect the denials from Gorman could be two-fold:
1) not to draw too much attention to it as the media will hype up in the negative which will put pressure on the NRL to decline the contract submission

2) as there is a high risk it won’t get approved - not to get the hopes up of fans just for it to fall through.

As for the salary cap issue, I’m more and more confident we will get off with a smallish fine and no (or minor) cap adjustment for this year.

I’d suggest this is it in a nutshell!

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
I would suspect the denials from Gorman could be two-fold:
1) not to draw too much attention to it as the media will hype up in the negative which will put pressure on the NRL to decline the contract submission

2) as there is a high risk it won’t get approved - not to get the hopes up of fans just for it to fall through.

As for the salary cap issue, I’m more and more confident we will get off with a smallish fine and no (or minor) cap adjustment for this year.
3) and not to demotivate the young players with an eye on the top five-eighth role and training hard for it (and might still be getting it anyway, whether he comes or not)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
While Melbourne have almost $800,000 (TPAs) after the cap limit is reached. Great equity in the game aye.

The fans of those clubs argue that we could do that too BUT clearly forget that Broncos and Storm are “ one team cities”

And the board of the Roosters is a veritable who is who of major business.

The rest struggle big time.

The Who

Journey Man
The fans of those clubs argue that we could do that too BUT clearly forget that Broncos and Storm are “ one team cities”

And the board of the Roosters is a veritable who is who of major business.

The rest struggle big time.
And Canterbury and Penrith are funded by massively profitable Leagues Clubs.

It really should be TODAY if the NRL plays some kind of fair (yeah, I know...I know) or it's making it real hard to sort out our top 29 before next thursday.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It really should be TODAY if the NRL plays some kind of fair (yeah, I know...I know) or it's making it real hard to sort out our top 29 before next thursday.

Agree, but all the work may well be done and will be announced as soon as they come out with the “ guilty playing for no points in 2018” or “ not guilty business as usual” , that’s the important timing.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One would expect that they will give us dispensation on naming the top 29 until such time the salary cap issue is resolved. Or we name a provisional 29th man based on current situation and then swap him for Carney once he is approved.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm hoping Lachlan smashes it too. But in saying that what if DCE gets injured then we are totally screwed..need at least one experienced half (back up) to guide the team.

Api to half and Fianu to 9 (or Fainu to 7),would be a possibility ... Hastings......Cade Cust could all play in the event of Daly popping his cherry

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Api to half and Fianu to 9 (or Fainu to 7),would be a possibility ... Hastings......Cade Cust could all play in the event of Daly popping his cherry
Cust looked pretty good in last weeks trial but he’s pretty young to be thrown in the deep end , especially without a recognised 5/8 beside him.

It’s why I think Carney is almost a must have ( given there’s no others on the market).

One would expect that they will give us dispensation on naming the top 29 until such time the salary cap issue is resolved. Or we name a provisional 29th man based on current situation and then swap him for Carney once he is approved.

Agreed, but, we have 28 right now and if Hastings is really going to be offloaded to the ESL as rumoured, it's 27. And even if we get special dispensation we need to add 1 other plus Carney.
Greenturd will not be happy having to let us "off the hook", maybe this is his petty "win". I can't see him going away empty-handed, he hates us!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16