Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Its a fair side mate with the addition of Thompson and the likes of Carney, we'd give it a crack dont you think ?
Nope, I just don’t see it. One addition to the squad & the loss of our organiser doesn’t instill me with any confidence, but I do hope my judgement is rubbish.

Love your optimism Brad, but we are a snowflakes hope of winning the comp next season.[
We can only hope it is lol.

Nope, I just don’t see it. One addition to the squad & the loss of our organiser doesn’t instill me with any confidence, but I do hope my judgement is rubbish.

Hmmm.......Your judgement last season was rubbish Ralphie. You had us as woodenspooners early on, and were very consistent in your "Sack Barrett" posts. Lets agree to disagree this pre-season, but for the record I have us potentially finishing top four, with or without any other additions to the squad as it stands today. Optimistic maybe, but its better than deconstructive criticism or destructive pessimism. I do hope my judgement isn't rubbish..... time will tell. By the way, where do you see us finishing the regular season in 2018?

I think we need a Todd Carney type player if we are to win a comp next season . If we get him we will go close and im a " give hastings a go sort of bloke . He may deliver but the Crokers , custs and wrights are a year or 2 away in my opinion .
Realistically the team is two years away from winning the competition in my opinion. It is a building phase and I would rather we blood youth and buy experience in the forwards. I think our window to win is 2019 to 2022. Time will tell.

Realistically the team is two years away from winning the competition in my opinion. It is a building phase and I would rather we blood youth and buy experience in the forwards. I think our window to win is 2019 to 2022. Time will tell.
"I think our window to win is 2019 to 2022. Time will tell"
I believe that with a blend of youth and experienced players that we have and the Proven goal kicker and organizer Carney would be a bonus and with all that anything is possible .
IMO , fck waiting around for years for a window to open so we can win a comp . I say lets kick the fcking door down next season and do it !!!

Team playing ability and depth seems to be developing and coming along well as evidenced with the side sitting in second position at one stage last season . Hunger and better consistency are the next important traits to gain and show . Should be an improved team for next season so i guess that anything is possible with some luck and injuries going their way

Team playing ability and depth seems to be developing and coming along well as evidenced with the side sitting in second position at one stage last season . Hunger and better consistency are the next important traits to gain and show . Should be an improved team for next season so i guess that anything is possible with some luck and injuries going their way
Well said feathered friend . Many a times the underdog came up trumps and bit the none believers in the ass

Well said feathered friend . Many a times the underdog came up trumps and bit the none believers in the ass
Do you think that we will miss Walker's presence in the early rounds ? I actually have some degree of confidence in Parker and again just hope that Kelly can hold his own or even do a little better . Tom Wright could be the wild card , some of his attacking plays and tries last year were exceptional , a big lad and if he can adapt to the defensive requirements , could really go well if given the opportunity or if he makes the most of them .

Do you think that we will miss Walker's presence in the early rounds ? I actually have some degree of confidence in Parker and again just hope that Kelly can hold his own or even do a little better . Tom Wright could be the wild card , some of his attacking plays and tries last year were exceptional , a big lad and if he can adapt to the defensive requirements , could really go well if given the opportunity or if he makes the most of them .
I read somewhere that Walker could be a chance to start the season .
Parker has done the job with distinction before and I agree with you that Tom Wright is the "wild one" the wild card.
Dont forget we have Joel Thomspon now who can cover the centre spot and no mother fcker will go through him .

Walker may be right for round 1 .

I read somewhere that Walker could be a chance to start the season .
Parker has done the job with distinction before and I agree with you that Tom Wright is the "wild one" the wild card.
Dont forget we have Joel Thomspon now who can cover the centre spot and no mother fcker will go through him .
Will be better then Frank out there if needed but let's hope he can devote all of his energy and time to being a block busting back rower

I have no doubts Carney will be playing NRL footy next year, for which team being the unknown.

We have a great record of bringing in underperformers or guys that lost their way and "culturing" them to mutual success.
I can't see that having a crack at rehabbing Carney could end up being a serious slight on the club if it didn't succeed. He has a pretty extensive, but mainly juvenile, history after all.

He's going to play for someone and I feel he suits us, and we suit him really well.

This is a serious f@%$king business nowdays and we just don't get enough breaks from the controllers that be to ignore opportunities to perform because of a self-righteous portent of "we don't want".

Explain life to the board Baz and get them "on board". They will look like fools if he signs with another club and his halves combo tears other teams up.

Of course he is no single-handed messiah... no choirboy in the past either... but he is a good piece that fits many puzzles and i'd have him in my team without blinking.

Hmmm.......Your judgement last season was rubbish Ralphie. You had us as woodenspooners early on, and were very consistent in your "Sack Barrett" posts. Lets agree to disagree this pre-season, but for the record I have us potentially finishing top four, with or without any other additions to the squad as it stands today. Optimistic maybe, but its better than deconstructive criticism or destructive pessimism. I do hope my judgement isn't rubbish..... time will tell. By the way, where do you see us finishing the regular season in 2018?
Fringe of the top 8. 7th to 10th.

Still think Barrett is a light weight. Made my point about him and have now moved on.

Fringe of the top 8. 7th to 10th.

Still think Barrett is a light weight. Made my point about him and have now moved on.
He is a lightweight...but will become a very good coach. CaRnAge smokes green in a pipe....all day! Hehe
Snap him up, carves teams up...oh & that torpeado kick

Todd Carney would be a cheap and very handy. I can’t see how he would destroy our culture. One strike and he’d be gone, we’re not playing baseball.

I’ve seen a few different photo uploads of Carney hanging out with Boyd Cordner again this off season.
That’s not the worst company to be in for someone like Todd..
I like our halves options- Croker and Hastings, but I’ve always been a fan of the on field Todd Carney.
If we get him, what a bonus!!!!
If we don’t, let’s assume it’s because Baz is so impressed by the hunger and cohesion from one of or both of the younger blokes

I’ve seen a few different photo uploads of Carney hanging out with Boyd Cordner again this off season.
That’s not the worst company to be in for someone like Todd..
I like our halves options- Croker and Hastings, but I’ve always been a fan of the on field Todd Carney.
If we get him, what a bonus!!!!
If we don’t, let’s assume it’s because Baz is so impressed by the hunger and cohesion from one of or both of the younger blokes

Sounds good let’s get a rumour going that Cordner is coming too !

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8