Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Sounds good let’s get a rumour going that Cordner is coming too !

Yeh I need to settled down...
Although..
Killer and Jurbo should take them for a round of Golf at Monavale.. Get spotted by the paps.. let the journos do the dirty work ;):angel:

Attachments

• AF2B4106-CE9D-4DBA-969F-87CA126AAFB0.jpeg
    AF2B4106-CE9D-4DBA-969F-87CA126AAFB0.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 45

Why? Is a very good question. I think we potentially have a more balanced squad this year. I also think we are capable of winning two more matches than last year. If so we would have finished fourth on for and against in 2017. From fourth we would have a good chance of going deep into the finals. If we go deep into the finals, we have a realistic chance of going all the way. This is all crystal ball stuff right now, too many "ifs", and is also based on "flawed" logic...... However, to write us off completely is as equally flawed and illogical. I think next year could be surprisingly good for the Sea Eagles. Bring it on!!!

As previously posted, our squad is weaker. Thompson doesn’t go close to covering the loss of Green. Without a recognised 5/8th we will go backwards.

I don't see it that way Ralphie.
Thompson doesn't replace Green in the squad, he replaces the guy that didn't turn up every week even though he ran out onto the field every week.

The only qualities Green had that need replacing are his reasonable distribution skills, very occasional 40/20 kick and his excellent repeat set last tackle kicking.
His defence is very ordinary and couldn't run out of sight on a dark night.

I'm sure Bazzle has been drilling more than one person in his missed skills. Shouldn't be too difficult for the guys and coaching we have.
The "recognised 5/8" we had shouldn't be too hard to replicate.

Getting one of the young guys to perform BETTER than Green did is the goal, not replacing him.

All the new guys, the growth in the young ones and our new strength in depth puts us in a stronger position than we were in last year from where i'm viewing it buddy. If we can add Carney we are MILES ahead.

I don't see it that way Ralphie.
Thompson doesn't replace Green in the squad, he replaces the guy that didn't turn up every week even though he ran out onto the field every week.

The only qualities Green had that need replacing are his reasonable distribution skills, very occasional 40/20 kick and his excellent repeat set last tackle kicking.
His defence is very ordinary and couldn't run out of sight on a dark night.

I'm sure Bazzle has been drilling more than one person in his missed skills. Shouldn't be too difficult for the guys and coaching we have.
The "recognised 5/8" we had shouldn't be too hard to replicate.

Getting one of the young guys to perform BETTER than Green did is the goal, not replacing him.

All the new guys, the growth in the young ones and our new strength in depth puts us in a stronger position than we were in last year from where i'm viewing it buddy. If we can add Carney we are MILES ahead.

Agree completely..........until the last sentence mate. I see Carney as a massive risk. Yes I know he could also be the answer to our "recognised 5/8" challenge. He was a great player, is he still capable of playing like that now? He was also a complete ****wit, at a number of clubs, and one thing we can be sure of, is that he is more than capable of being that again with us.

Agree completely..........until the last sentence mate. I see Carney as a massive risk. Yes I know he could also be the answer to our "recognised 5/8" challenge. He was a great player, is he still capable of playing like that now? He was also a complete ****wit, at a number of clubs, and one thing we can be sure of, is that he is more than capable of being that again with us.

If we go with Carney. If that somehow plays out and becomes a reality. I hope he plays well for us, and becomes the redemption story of 2018. Obviously, TB and the coaching staff, still see something pretty special about him, and that will do me. To Carney or not to Carney, that is the question......

I agree with that. Carney played up in the past, but he has matured now to the extent he will give up alcohol for a contract. Thats a big call for a young fella who likes a drink, Im willing to give his a great chance, even if he has a beer behind closed doors.

I hear your concerns Simmo, he has been a serial fu$kup in the past.
I posted my thoughts about this earlier and agree with another who added he could be booted at his first indiscretion with minimal damage to our rep.
Even if this worst case scenario happened his contract would be torn up and we'd be NO WORSE OFF than if we didn't sign him.

No, I don't believe he is capable of being the great player he was either but if he can perform at half of what he did he is better than most going around at a fraction of the price.

Yep, it's a gamble and i'm the farthest thing from a gambler but it FEELS right for some weird reason.
I'd go half a dozen Long Reef bacon and cheese sausage rolls on him and it looks like Bazzle is willing to stake him for a lot more than that.

The possible DCE injury scenario leaving 2 rookie halves in charge really concerns me and is probably driving my desire to sign Carney. Even a 2, 3 or 4 week injury would probably be the end of our finals aspirations without quality cover.

I agree with that. Carney played up in the past, but he has matured now to the extent he will give up alcohol for a contract. Thats a big call for a young fella who likes a drink, Im willing to give his a great chance, even if he has a beer behind closed doors.
He has offered that numerous times in the past & we know how that panned out.

I think Todd Carney's crimes are overstated when you compare it to other violent gang bangers out there running around in the NRL. He literally had a problem with the piss most of his life and apart from lighting a man's pants on fire his indiscretions were pretty much a reflection of the rugby league culture and society at large. Even Nate Myles was arrested for defecating in a hotel foyer?? I know that the NRL are trying to portray a squeaky clean image but if you have a camera on all the fellas 24/7 you are bound to find one of them rooting a chicken amongst other things..

I have to agree with @Ralphie's concerns in respect of the loss of Green.

I really hope I'm wrong but I base this on the improvement over the 2016 performances that Green made, and especially giving DCE wings.

Green complemented DCE in 2017, and unless he is replaced by an equal or better replacement that works well with DCE's style of play, we are again potentially weakening our 6 and 7.

Baz lived the pain of 2016, I'm sure he's got a plan for 2018.

The side of 2016 was much different. We at least have natural 5/8 options to replace Green not like the experimental Dylan Walker of 2016. So as much as we lose experience with Green what we gain is youth and exuberance. Time will tell whether we unearth our long term replacement.. Regardless, Todd Carney would be a welcome addition to our squad on a one year deal.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8