Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker is good under the high ball, runs great lines and is n excellent finisher... plus he very RARELY misses a one-on-one tackle...

He does run good lines and he has a good go, my thought for giving Tippytoes a go is the team need that balance of what Parker offers and what Suli gives in attack, Tippytoes could be it.
I am not anti-tippytoes... I am actually surprised he has not come on as I rates him on the limited opportunities he had at the rorters... but, for mine, Parker is our lock in the centres atm ....

Well this thread has been entertaining!

I like Parker. I think he makes better reads in defence than the other centres at the club, makes tough runs out of the backfield and always runs his lines in attack. I dont think he was penalised for an obstruction all year. Super reliable. If you want to carry a $1M fullback and halfback you need value in other positions and I think this is Parker.

I think Harper has been a liability all year against the top sides, not just the finals. See how our first tries were conceded against Penrith in rd 7 and Melb in rd 21, Melb in QF and even tonight if you are so inclined.

Suli must have an IQ of about 12. Repeatedly, in the last 3 years, he always jams on the wrong player in defence leaving our winger exposed 2 on 1. He hasnt learnt a thing. Sad really because in attack he has been awesome. Tonight stuffed us hard with multiple poor reads and caused a completely unnecessary obstruction.

I think we need a new right centre, but not sure the answer is an easy or obvious one.

Well this thread has been entertaining!

I like Parker. I think he makes better reads in defence than the other centres at the club, makes tough runs out of the backfield and always runs his lines in attack. I dont think he was penalised for an obstruction all year. Super reliable. If you want to carry a $1M fullback and halfback you need value in other positions and I think this is Parker.

I think Harper has been a liability all year against the top sides, not just the finals. See how our first tries were conceded against Penrith in rd 7 and Melb in rd 21, Melb in QF and even tonight if you are so inclined.

Suli must have an IQ of about 12. Repeatedly, in the last 3 years, he always jams on the wrong player in defence leaving our winger exposed 2 on 1. He hasnt learnt a thing. Sad really because in attack he has been awesome. Tonight stuffed us hard with multiple poor reads and caused a completely unnecessary obstruction.

I think we need a new right centre, but not sure the answer is an easy or obvious one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This....

Harper was one of our consistent performers all year, legit his first full season of first grade. He burnt out I reckon like a lot of our youngsters, and just had a really forgettable finals series. He seems like he would be his own harshest critic, and he will work on his game during the offseason.

We also really need to develop Christian Tui and Koula through the off season, they are the young strike centres pairing waiting for their opportunity. And if Parker or Harper go down injured next week or are out of form, we need those two ready to make a name for themselves.

We are a young team. Let's see if we learn from our mistakes next year.

Harper definitely needs another off season before we can start to judge his wares. The young pups biting for their heels will help.

To be fair, that isn't our biggest problem. IMO, we need a general. A tough uncompromising individual who tells the players what needs to be done. It doesn't need to be any position in particular, just someone that isn't there to make friends and is willing to be honest with the current playing group.

Just playing devils advocate here. This means I am not endorsing, but simply brainstorming on centre options for 2022.
Option 1 - Stick with Parker and Harper.
Option 2 - Drop Harper and bring Walker back as right centre with Parker on the left.
Option 3 - Drop Parker and put Walker in as left centre with Harper as right centre.
Option 4 - Drop Parker and Harper and trial new centre combinations.

If option 4 is seriously considered who are we looking at to replace them?
Tuipoluto?
Koula?
Burbo?
New centre from outside the squad?

Or do we try some left field options?
Schuster?
Bullemore?

Bullemore played most of his junior football in league and union as a centre. He came into the forwards only recently. If we are looking for a power centre is he a reasonable option?

Schuster's attacking impact has been blunted by the work he does in the backrow. With a preseason that focuses on developing speed and tapering his body shape, he could certainly evolve into a Bradman Best type centre. Just with better hands and stronger defence.

Are there any other options? As I said I am not endorsing any of them but I don't believe we will win a GF with Parker and Harper as our centres. Thoughts?
Playing around with combination of option 4 and option 6 could give us Walker on the right and Schuster on the left. Plus a few pack and bench changes. (This assumes Taupau is moved on for salary cap management).
Note: Other assumptions include Cust & Suli (released), Funa, Boyle, Gosiewski, Taufua (not re-signed)

Turbo
Garrick
Schuster
Walker
Saab
Foz
DCE
Keppie
Croker
Paseka
Ola'katau
Bullemore
Jake

Lawton
Davey
Aloiai
Sipley

Harper
Parker
Woods
Tuipoluto
M Fainu
Koula
Burbo
De Luis
Saddler
S Fainu

3 squad spots open

Development squad
A Tu'itavake
K Weekes
J Humphries

1 development squad spot open

Last edited:
Goodbye Moses, I hope the Dragons teach you the heart and desire to take the hard hit-ups when your team needs them the most.

I doubt it will happen..
Well, to be fair, he did run riot on two plays in the last 10 minutes when the game was lost and it didn't matter...

Such a blatant overreaction here

You are kidding yourself if you think Suli was a main factor in our loss tonight
If you are worried about Harper not being quick enough out wide and that his defence is a problem which it has been... caused a fair bit by DCE's misreads but yes if Harper's pace is not up to the mark and some want to put Schuster out there.... that will do me lol.

We are a young team. Let's see if we learn from our mistakes next year.

Harper definitely needs another off season before we can start to judge his wares. The young pups biting for their heels will help.

To be fair, that isn't our biggest problem. IMO, we need a general. A tough uncompromising individual who tells the players what needs to be done. It doesn't need to be any position in particular, just someone that isn't there to make friends and is willing to be honest with the current playing group.
Foran is already this guy.

I think the point here is that Suli whilst having some strengths in attack (only) is not the worth the money his is on and seems likely to receive at the dragons. I think Harper is still a work in progress and Parker is a good reliable moneyball type centre. With Suli hopefully at the dragons next year let’s hope we spend the cap space it creates wisely.

Parker is good under the high ball, runs great lines and is n excellent finisher... plus he very RARELY misses a one-on-one tackle...

He does run good lines and he has a good go, my thought for giving Tippytoes a go is the team need that balance of what Parker offers and what Suli gives in attack, Tippytoes could be it.
Not much to base an opinion on, but the only game I've seen him play was this years trial and he was extremely poor

I don’t think we should discount the toll of a long season on some of our younger players...Harper and Schuster in particular. They are playing tired.

Personally, I’m sad to see Suli go as he could be anything but we have to trust that Harper will develop...it’s not an overnight thing...Parker will never be a world beater but he is actually a lot like Campbell Graham; big, good defender, not overly fast or flashy.
Campbell Graham is actually quite quick believe it or not. Just don't think ppl get to see him stretch out too often

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4