Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Please tell me that Suli's contract with the Dragons is signed and is iron clad.

Certainly don't want the Dragons to have any opportunity to back out.

It's a shame with Suli, such a devastating runner but to me that obstruction typified why we haven't been using him. I don't know if it is an inability to learn the plays, or a lack of attention to detail, or lack of game awareness. I don't think it is lack of desire and certainly not lack of heart. But what ever, it was so crucial and it is possible that whole game could have turned out differently if the Garrick try was given!

I hope I am proven wrong but I cannot see a Killer or a Matai potential
I agree but Matai was hardly a polished Centre at a similar stage. Matai turned out to be my fav manly player of all time and still is.

Picking Suli last night was always going to end poorly, as you correctly identified. He should never have been selected.

If Des put Walker back at centre and brought Sipley onto the bench, imo we would have gone a lot closer to winning last night.
Sipley would have been better able to fill the gap the Keppie injury had on us.

The only positive from last night is Suli is the Dragons problem now.
Not easy swapping Walker back to Centres after being a role player all year. You need to be able to build that fit with the players around you out there to ensure the defence is water tight and the attack flows. Impossible for Walker to swap seamlessly back out there unless it was an emergency... Suli being available was a slightly better option given the circumstances. Sipley's fitness and mobility leave a lot to be desired - great role and impact player but...

Just playing devils advocate here. This means I am not endorsing, but simply brainstorming on centre options for 2022.
Option 1 - Stick with Parker and Harper.
Option 2 - Drop Harper and bring Walker back as right centre with Parker on the left.
Option 3 - Drop Parker and put Walker in as left centre with Harper as right centre.
Option 4 - Drop Parker and Harper and trial new centre combinations.

If option 4 is seriously considered who are we looking at to replace them?
Tuipoluto?
Koula?
Burbo?

Option 5 - New centre/s from outside the squad?

Option 6 - Or do we try some left field options?
Schuster?
Bullemore?

Bullemore played most of his junior football in league and union as a centre. He came into the forwards only recently. If we are looking for a power centre is he a reasonable option?

Schuster's attacking impact has been blunted by the work he does in the backrow. With a preseason that focuses on developing speed and tapering his body shape, he could certainly evolve into a Bradman Best type centre. Just with better hands and stronger defence.

Are there any other options? As I said I am not endorsing any of them but I don't believe we will win a GF with Parker and Harper as our centres. Thoughts?
Great post.
No to either Schu or Bullemor.
I’d actually like to see what tuipolotu has to offer. He’s here for another 3 years. It’s just a shame Covid has stuffed it up for these guys not in the top 17.
Parker and Harper deserve first crack next year imo. Parker being safer than Harper imo.
Never his biggest fan but Walker has really impressed me back half of the year. Not so much his play but more his improved attitude and maturity. Gee he had a dig Friday. If Lawton took the 14 role. I think Walker back to Centre with Parker might be an option.
Parker the solid defender suring up an edge and Walker adding a bit of spark on the other side to free up Saab.
We know Des tho and unless injuries are present it will be Parker and Harper to start with.

The Campbell Graham try was classic Suli. Literally stood feet planted and watched Marshall ball play. Wasn’t moving.
I rewatched them game yesterday.
Suli was responsible for our disallowed try to Garrick
Last try in the first half
Graham try in the second
And didn’t block for Paulo’s last try.
He was a significant factor in point scoring factors in Friday.
I’d hoped he would perform and give us that edge to beat Souths, unfortunately his poor attributes again came to the surface. Of course he wasn’t the sole reason we lost but it’s no coincidence he was involved in those key moments

Sorry but Blind Freddy can see that we will never win a premiership with Harper & Parker as our centres. Both give it their all BUT their lack of pace both in attack and defence against the top teams is our Achilles heel. You can’t coach pace - you either have it or you don’t. We need to find some quality pace from inside the Club or buy 2 quality centres with the dollars from the sale of the deadwood on the way out . Our young forwards will be a year older and wiser from this year + Fainu factor.Then we can be a premiership threat.

He is the Tony Williams of the backline.

His nickname should be "blister". Pops up after all the work has been done.
I thought he otherwise ran and tackled well but again the defensive decisions were missing. This is after 4 years playing here.

It's unfortunate because if he had more football smarts he'd be the #1 centre in the squad.

As the Penrith/Storm game showed, we are not going to qualify or win grand finals by leaking points or by lacking attention to detail

Sorry but Blind Freddy can see that we will never win a premiership with Harper & Parker as our centres. Both give it their all BUT their lack of pace both in attack and defence against the top teams is our Achilles heel. You can’t coach pace - you either have it or you don’t. We need to find some quality pace from inside the Club or buy 2 quality centres with the dollars from the sale of the deadwood on the way out . Our young forwards will be a year older and wiser from this year + Fainu factor.Then we can be a premiership threat.
Plenty of average centres have won premierships. Paul Momrovski will likely win one this year.

Harper will come good after his 1st full season of NRL. The off season will see Harper add some size with Saab too. Our young players will be more fit for next season and will only grow in physical appearance in the off season.
Agree, I think he was managing a few injuries by the end of the season, going by all the strapping and bandages. Injury free next year one hopes.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6